Star Wars: The Old Republic

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Baskitkase, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

My 10 year old son wanted a game to play, I should him Pox but he said it was for old people so I had to look elsewhere. He really wanted me to fire up my old WoW account but I didnt have my logon info so I looked for something we could start right away.

Found Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Does anyone play this? My boys like it. Seems kinda bland to me, but it's free.

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Bland my ass! That game is great! What server are you guys on?

BurnPyro likes this.
  3. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

Knights of the old republic is where it's at

4. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

The Bastion I think, whichever one was at the top when we started the game last night.

5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Right on, I haven't played in a few months, but I think all my leveled characters are on The Harbinger.

Looks like it's time to re-download the game and start a new character!

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

The storyline for most the classes are pretty great. Especially if you have a fair bit of Star Wars knowledge. PVP was fun. I stopped a while back because I wasnt playing it enough to warrant the monthly subscription. I had forgotten about it and havnt tried it since it went "free to play"

7. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I'm in the same boat, except that the game is downloading right now.

8. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

9. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I can recommend it for your son, anyway. Its a pretty nice game and the community is alright; it also isn't murderously complicated. Have fun

10. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Like whoever said up there, KoToR is the bees knees.

11. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

the first one. the second not as much.

12. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

yeah Firk you too lol

Cydna likes this.
  13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I have a consular named Wimbleton, my son has a Jedi named Jebbidiah, my other son is making a trooper. This is going to cause me to have to buy another freaking computer. We have a room now that has 5 in it, but 2 belong to my daughters and they are super no-brother-touchy, mine and I'm no-anyone-touchy, my wifes which is full of malware because she's extremely gullible and the one my two sons are playing on.

14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

15. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

a Firking jedi named jebbidiah, laughing so hard and don't know why

SPiEkY likes this.
  16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

No idea.

We create british nicknames for each other in my house and my youngest son is Wimbleton. Jebbidiah is the name of the main character from the book I wrote, and my son loves that character and requested using the name, though we had to add a b.

17. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I'm like 85% sure that it's burn's newest alt

18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Killing g that Elite Mar'gavrok over and over for phat lewts.

SPiEkY likes this.
  19. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I used to play on and off for a while. Still have my old characters, but I haven't touched the game in months. I ended up running out of things to do when everyone was level 55 (your sons might have that problem too btw, I hear the endgame hasn't gotten much better). I can, however, recommend it up to that point. I never did much PvP though on account of me using my mouse for everything. I guess I was just too lazy to learn keybindings. Oh, and don't let anyone try to tell you Hoth is the worst, most infuriating planet. Tatooine is much MUCH worse. Wanted to rip my hair out having to run around that damn desert.

20. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I had no idea you had so much off spring.

Tricky1 likes this.