Suggestion: Change +50% to +33% on all abilities

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Osidan, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Osidan

Osidan I need me some PIE!

I'm suggesting this change for abilities like Hunter X, Crushing blow, Bloodlust, Soulfeast, Resistances et cetera, since I feel these are slightly overpowered. Much like Colossal, they would be more balanced at +33%. Do players agree or do they prefer the current versions?

2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I personally prefer 50% because it's easier to do the math. If Poxnora had a specific rounding system I wouldn't mind it being 33% but Poxnora math is already difficult as it.

JaceDragon likes this.
  3. 15Deadmen

15Deadmen The King of Potatoes

I just always round up to be safe :/

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Wouldn't you round down if you were trying to be safe? :b

5. 15Deadmen

15Deadmen The King of Potatoes

Yes? depends on how you do it

6. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

Receiving the blow: round up.
    Dealing damage: round down.

I guess...

Lushiris likes this.
  7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

why not 25%?

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

There are plans to adjust Vulns, Foes/Hunters, Colossal etc. and the like to consolidate and also differentiate thing (right now Hunter does both offense and defense, for example).

I have not yet determined exactly what value it will be for them, but they will probably start using the same numbers at that point.

There is also the flat option of +2 DMG or -2 DMG, though that gets into problems with stuff that is recurring small bits of damage.

TeaScholar and Osidan like this.
  9. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

I actually like the second option. It's less math. No need to even use the round up system. Easier for newer players to calculate damage.I don't honestly play with a calculator open to calculat specific situations. I pray at times that I calculated my damage correctly in order to one round a champion/s.

10. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

Personally, I think 30% is the magic number. Considering how relatively easy it seems to be to ramp up DEF and grant resists and neuter damage, I think 'generalist' defensive/offensive abilities would be fine maxing out at 30%. Now mind, that's total.

Colossal- 30% reduced damage taken from small champions
    Hunter: X 20% Increased damage, 10% reduced damage taken (Or 15%/15%)
    Foe: X 30% reduced damage taken from X

Obviously, some cover more things than others, but that's where I don't envy the job of adjusting their costs (If they even warrant it, which I suspect they would).

Not sure if things like reflexes/evasive deserve to be in that group, but maybe they should?

Surge/Bulwark: X might want to be touched in the same sweep. As fun as it is to walk around with 33dmg Lich Magistrates and Nether Wraiths....it does feel a bit cheesy at times.

11. Osidan

Osidan I need me some PIE!

I would appreciate a change. Right now, the +/- 50% is fairly swingy. 30% seems better.

12. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

I would personally like to see all percentages get removed from the game.
    Also every ability that rounds up or down need to specify if they round up or down. (Or have every ability in the game either round up or down.)

super71 likes this.
  13. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

That moment when i do the math to one round perfectly, then realize i forgot sl bonus.

14. Sokolov

Until something like Flame Surge has +2 DMG for every step.

15. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Why would Flame Surge get +2 DMG from things like Hunter: Wrath or Colossal? I'm probably just misunderstanding you.

16. soulmilk

If you mean from abilities like Amplify, just have them only increase activated abilities, not passive ones.
    Could also have things only get boosted if a certain amount of damage is dealt.
    Lots of different ways to remove percentages.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    TeaScholar likes this.
  17. Sokolov

Sure, there are always sub-rules and exceptions you can add, but in some ways that defeats the purpose of the original simplification.

In such a case, would Flame Surge be considered activated or not, in your opinion? It's an activated ability that deals damage passively after activation.

18. soulmilk

Passive.
    But I do agree adding exceptions would make it less simplified, so finding a better solution would be ideal.

19. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I don't get why collossal is 33% ,I did remember saying change collosal to 1/3 damage but I would have thought they would round up to 35% makes more sense since 2% doesn't make much difference and it neatly ties with all the ratios

10%
    20%
    25%
    33%
    45%
    50%
    65%
    75%
    80%
    All those are the current ratios available ( may have missed one)
    As you can see 33% sticks out like a sore thumb

20. Sokolov

35% is harder to calculate in your head than 33%, even tho it makes no real difference most of the time due to rounding.