Terorism strikes Florida

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by StormChasee, Jun 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comissar

Comissar I need me some PIE!

I think it's a disgusting excuse for a human who decides that, immediately following a tragedy involving upward of 50 dead in a traditionally persecuted minority, it is their place to claim that the tragedy just flat out didn't happen and that somehow the entirety of the worlds media are in on the act. To casually dismiss the waste of so much life is callous to the point where I am genuinely angry at having seen that video.

BurnPyro, badgerale and Atherhog like this.
  2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

It takes a lot of mental gymnastics and paranoia to think what that man thinks.

lifting stuff is tiring, a group stopping and the woman shaking her arms around and stretching her legs a bit while the man supports the injured man who is partially supporting himself bleeding from the leg while partially off camera is not putting him down since he's not injured and doing a little happy dance.

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's wonderful to see someone go through the same amazement as me when I started out on these threads.

Sweet summerchild..

Geressen likes this.
  4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Mistrust in media, science, etc. is really the defining characteristics of the politics in the 21st Century.

I am not sure what to do about it - as I think there's validity in the criticisms, but it's hard to know where the line should be drawn.

The problem with it though is that discussions naturally devolve into "your source is biased."

5. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

And all of them are. There is no truth we could understand ... It's driving me a bit crazy.

About the issue at hand, what an odd development. The oddest part is that he had a "good" motive for his murder spree, and he still chose to also declare allegiance to a bunch of nuts. Some moronic attempt at self-purification?

Also, the US will one day have to enter the 21 century and get reasonable gun laws. Maybe one day the people that fetishize their constitutions like some kind of sacred totem will die out. Probably not, though.

6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

exactly that, people Tyler Durdering out of their unhappy/impure lives through killing. a hybrid of mental health and ideological reasons that is becoming a bit of a trend.

I heard he declared for 3 organisatons, none of whom like eachother. ( al quaida/nusra, hezbolla, Isis)

7. Boozha

That's funny, nobody told me that. That basically means that he had no idea what he was doing.

8. Comissar

He probably did know what he was doing, I'm willing to bet he was heavily conflicted within himself about being (presumably, he reportedly spent a lot of time in the place and knew many of the patrons) gay. Whether the declaration for extremist groups was a last minute thing, or if he'd been influenced by the ideologies for some time previously, it produces two mutually incompatible mind sets. "I am gay" vs. "Being gay is a sin worthy of death". Add to that the fact that he knew of a place filled with, to his mind, people worthy of dying and you have the tragic results in front of us.

9. Boozha

Hezbollah and ISIS are enemies to the death, Al Quaida and ISIS are enemies, Al Nusra and Hezbollah are, afaik, also currently killing each other when they can. That's why I'm saying he had no idea what he was doing - those factions have different ideologies, different religions and different political goals. If I declared allegiance to the republican party and the communist party of the US and then went and shot up an anarchist enclave it would make about as much sense.

10. Comissar

Didn't say he'd joined all three, by all accounts he was acting completely on his own. It's entirely possible he only knows the names, knows they're Islamic groups and figured that fighting in their name would offer him a chance to 'redeem' himself. Humans aren't beings ruled by logic, and are prone to irrational actions. If he read the rhetoric of the extremist groups and felt they offered him a chance to escape his internal conflict, maybe that's what pushed him into his actions.

Geressen likes this.
  11. Boozha

I never said he had joined them, I said that it made no sense to pledge allegiance to multiple of them and that, hence, he had no idea what those groups were, or, probably, what their theology or actual actions were. I agree with your second sentence though. A twisted, nonsensical, theologically untenable idea about somehow "fighting for Islam".

12. Sokolov

http://threepercenternation.com/archives/39378#

"THE LARGEST MASS SHOOTING IN US HISTORY HAPPENED December 29,1890. When 297 Sioux Indians at Wounded Knee Creek on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota were murdered by federal agents & members of the 7th Cavalry who had come to confiscate their firearms “for their own safety and protection”. The slaughter began after the majority of the Sioux had peacefully turned in their firearms. The Calvary began shooting, and managed to wipe out the entire camp. 200 of the 297 victims were women and children."

Interesting perspective.

Geressen and Boozha like this.
  13. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

That is a prime example why I won't give up my guns if the government tries to take them.

14. Boozha

Take a minute to think about what led up to that massacre and realize why that statement made absolutely no sense.

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Is it a deaf person unwilling to give up his gun? accidentally discharging it causing everyone to open fire?

16. Sokolov

According to people on social media, Obama is ruining the country because he approved flag lowering for Orlando victims.

17. Boozha

He could also lower it to mourn the deaths of those peoples credibility, intelligence and human dignity.

BurnPyro likes this.
  18. Comissar

This is almost as infuriating as Saandro's video

19. Lop

Lop The King of Potatoes

he messed up when he mentioned hezbollah. out of the 3, its the only 1 that is not an extremist terrorist group. believe it or not, they are actually quite moderate shias. which is why they have been able to successfully integrate into Lebanese society. I have been to south Lebanon. not only did they not chop my head off, they were also kind enough to show me directions. and I don't even share their ideology. decent people. they are also on good terms with the Lebanese military. they can be zealous at times but one shouldn't place them in the same category as ISIS and alqaedia.

20. Boozha

I won't even watch that. My life is sad enough

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.