The (always) Off Topic Off Topic thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DrakeArron, Aug 10, 2016.

1. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

So, I first had the idea for this and made a thread for it several years ago in the Privateer Press forums. I've seen one or two other renditions of it since, and IDK if I was the first to think of it or if someone else was. But considering I *did* think of, execute, and have it become somewhat popular in those forums all on my own, I'm willing to claim the idea as mine without strain on my honor.

What exactly is this thread? Well, this threads topic is that there is no topic. It is an Off topic thread that is, quite literally, always off topic. If at any point this thread begins to have a topic, it is everyone's job to make sure it veers away from that topic as soon as possible. You are allowed to do this in whatever way you see fit, assuming of course it is within the forum rules.

I like this idea, especially for these forums, because I've always viewed off topic as being the place for silliness and fun... and these forums off topic threads often aren't. So, what better way to make a silly and fun off topic thread, then to make a thread that never stays on one topic? Surely such a thread can't end upsetting anyone, if something talked about never gets longer then a post! And whats more silly and fun then seeing how weirdly you can veer the direction of the thread...

EDIT: As you can see with the posts so far, the gods of this threads realm will hold no restraint in making sure this thread stays *always* off topic, and *always* ridiculous. They're plan when encountering someone who disobeys the one law of this thread is to act so absolutely ridiculous that no one can reasonably respond seriously. trust me, it would be easier to try to convince congress of your political views then convincing anyone through this thread...

Without further ado, let us begin! If I remember correctly, the first response to my original rendition of this was so...

I now push this big, giant, red button to start the thread. It does have a sign saying do not press, with something about an off topic off topic thread being too much of a para... ah who cares. Anyone have any objections now that I've pressed it?

(Hint- the topic is now if anyone has objections to me starting the thread by pushing the button. As this threads objective is to not have a topic, well, you get the idea...)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

political posts in t minus 10, 9, 8

Qucas, darklord48, Geressen and 2 others like this.
  3. DrakeArron

Ah, but you see, if anyone stays on the topic of "politics" too long they're disobeying the rules of the game. No one wants to do that now, do they? After all, disobeying the rules of the game could end up with a giant fuzzy bunny rabbit spawning in your kitchen stove, ready to eat. Curious, how would you cook a giant fuzzy bunny rabbit?

4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i've seen enough of OT to know that rules are rarely considered, let alone observed or followed.

Qucas and SPiEkY like this.
  5. DrakeArron

*A giant fox and dragon hybrid with four arms and a set of binoculars descends from the pink frilly roof of the gondola the thread is currently taking place in, and Drake Arron's mouth begins to speak, seemingly relaying the words of the obviously beutiful and majestic god*
    Moderator Dagda of the orginization known as "Senshus list", you have broken thr rules of the all great, all holy, and all mad Off Topic Off Topic thread, by staying on the topic of "common things that happen in the off topic forum that the demigods known as moderators dislike". As this is a fairly obscure topic and your two posts are somewhat differing, I, Klyzickofga of the Rillidianzem realm, hereby let you off with a warning. Should any further harm come to the sanctity of this holy place, I shall personally ridicule you with pictures of fuzzy cats knocking glasses off of things, claiming you are the fuzzy cat. This is how important the randomness and madness of this thread is. Should you understand, simply follow by this threads rules from now on....

*Drake Arron then proceeds to gasp, and return to his normal mad self*

Hrmm, blacked out for a second. Anyway, what was I saying? Oh yeah, how would you go about worshiping your favorite cheese?

SPiEkY likes this.
  6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

You clearly did not understand what the infinite thread ( now known as the how to restart the infinite thread) is for.

7. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I want my signature back.

Qucas and Astamir like this.
  8. DrakeArron

As seen by the first two posts in the last page of that thread, it was clearly not always off topic. A true off topic off topic thread has a firm but mad moderator that spares no expense in making sure that, at all times, the topic is both off and mad. (Also, part of the idea of this is that each post is somewhat linked to the last.) I admit they're similar, however there are a few differences :p. Now then, how to chop up this moon...

9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

If the topic is off topic, then the only true way to be off topic is to remain on topic.

10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Wait, what's the topic of this thread?

Pattn199 likes this.
  11. Boozha

My last post was deleted. This is fascism.

Or maybe I'm very tired and didn't actually post anything?

Anyway, this moderation is fascism one way or another.

12. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

13. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Why not?

14. DrakeArron

Yes, why not? Why not, of all things, to be the word not? Could the word gobbler not have been a better fit for meaning the opposite of ton? Of course, talking about ton, what is it with Ton? That god doesn't seem to be worshipped anymore... I could swear he was the second biggest god at one point, next to Zeus.

15. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

we're talking about general discussion.

16. Boozha

Ton is a fascist. I'm glad he's forgotten and irrelevant.

SPiEkY likes this.
  17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Cuz, bro, srsly

Qucas and SPiEkY like this.
  18. DrakeArron

Well, there is your mistake mr hand-headed old man. Seriousness is for those who have no idea about the teapot in space. It is useless, while madness will rule the world with delightful pink and blue giraffs.

(srsly, srsns is not needed here, srsly...hypocrysy, however, is welcome. that is a form of madness afterall.)

19. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Srsly, bro? Oh, I didn't realize it was srsly, cuz.

Qucas and DrakeArron like this.
  20. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Pattn199, Qucas, SPiEkY and 1 other person like this.