The days of old...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZexuZai, Mar 6, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You have 3 mailorder brides there with you?

3. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

To be fair, she looks so damn hot in black.

4. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

The only thing I really remember when I started off was playing IS against FW using the sample starters, FW at the time was an all physical skele boost deck if I remember right, and IS had the earth golem. Since it was on the SL Map, there was a major choke point.

One of the times where FW was actually out attritioned.

5. ZexuZai

ZexuZai Well-Known Member

IS/FW ghoul hunter deck for the win. I've been playing for a good while myself, since the first ST expansion. So I've seen this game through most of its life. I hope it has lots of life left.

jenovah2 likes this.
  6. jenovah2

jenovah2 The King of Potatoes

Back in the day...the ability to win in ranked with a starter deck. Oh...Drowning Shrines (for one day only). And the tourneys we used to invent in the guilds. The floating bases...the videos set to music. So many great memories...

7. ZexuZai

Yes... Those were the days. I expect DOG to do their best to bring back that old flare. Throw a wrench in the every day game with some unique random fun things that happen totally by "accident" for a day or two <.<.

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Ah the days of the true phalanx...

9. Grand General Mosh

Grand General Mosh Devotee of the Blood Owl

I liked it better when the UD and SL bonuses cancelled each other out.

Fury on Groble.

Exorcist Never Forget!

10. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Except his Conduit actually works now! Like, legit WORKS and everything, no joke! Guess it's finally time to retire this old ditty..........

Grand General Mosh likes this.
  11. Trill

Trill Member

THIS^

I know of 5 people personally that left and WOULD make a return if this was to happen again. Back then you could run two of the same decks against one another, and never know the outcome because of all the optional ways to build champions. The current meta makes it so that everyone chooses the two most optimal choices out of 4 "with little exceptions" and that's it; this killed a lot of the deck customization.

Aleswick likes this.
  12. IceNorth

IceNorth Devotee of the Blood Owl

13. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Hated this. Personally from best to worst it would be:

Free upgrades (no need to exp) - No upgrades - Upgrades that need exp (current system) - Upgrades that need exp and up the nora cost

14. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

I was a kid... didn't know what I was doing... Had a nefari dragon that cost 110 nora... and I would cast Invisibility on it and Shrine rush. Then I played one game against someone else and lost to moga.

15. ZexuZai

Yeah Markoth. I remember getting into IS heavily and enjoying the Phalanx before there were too many aoe abilities that destroyed it. Pain train coming through.

16. ZexuZai

Back when moga swarm was borked and moga slinger was scary.

17. ZexuZai

Well it seems like they went more Ghern with moga support there. Which is alright but they need more synergy. At least I think they do.

18. IceNorth

Hey who was the guy famous for crying for moga buffs and utterly hating unholy tomb in old (old old maybe) forums? I think even greens teased him about it :)

19. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Hashinshin .

IceNorth likes this.
  20. IceNorth

Was he still around when mogas stoped losing all base and upgraded abilities when not around gherns? I think he would be screaming of joy lol