The FS discussion - My thoughts and why there is an underlying problem.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

"Some damage" in this case is 9 + 4 from the DoT (which also reduces stats) to everything within 2 spaces on Deploy, + 5 and a reapplication of the DoT to anything that moves within 2 spaces; all of which ignores DEF.

The damage is significant.

2. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
    JellyBerry and SPiEkY like this.
  3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I want to see more of this in Pox. Petty faction loyalty is bleeding the competitive community dry.

doubtofbuddha and Netherzen like this.
  4. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

This is the worst example ever. Here look I'll make up a stupid rune and ask you is it worth its cost. Ok so a champ has 40 hp and cost 30 nora and has 0 speed and no basic attacks or abilities. is it worth its cost? At least the relic can be deployed to contest a font though

5. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

In my hypothetical situation I was disproving your statement that 1:1 ratios in terms of hp were as relevant as you pretended they were on relics. Im not downplaying the power level of this rune. im stating it for what it is. a relic reliant on other runes to really benefit from its affects which actually needs to be acknowledged as part of this discussion which is in reality being completely ignored.

In response to Ohmins post. it deals 6. go test it. the cloud only takes affect if you walk through it. and the dot isn't very good as a basis for argument as it can be cleansed hence my example of the thunderhead totem which deals the same damage consistently. compare the damage it deals consistently with other relics and you'll find the mushroom to be on par with others.

6. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Agreed, though for me less "bandwagoning" but more "diversity." I don't want everyone to just jump over and play the same thing. I'd love for people to build a deck focusing on what type of game they want to play first, and what faction second.

Rather than: "I want to play KF today, should I make Treefolk, Goodstuff, Beast...?" Be: "I want to play Beast today, should I play KF, SP, ST...?" Type of thing.

But that's hard to do in part because of rune expense, and also in part because of Drums of War and the Daily Quest system.

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

[​IMG]

8. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

your*
    grammar **** strikes again

9. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Bleh, I must have been including pre-existing aura. You're right, 6 damage, still plus 4 per DoT. Plus the damage if moved through (willinging or otherwise).

And as far the DoT as it being cleansable, that's not a serious issue. It does the bulk of of the DoT's damage on the first end of turn, so minus Cleansing Aura (which might not be deployed in time anyway) you're still doing at least 9 damage.

More importantly, it doesn't kill itself in the process, like Thunderhead, or traps... almost all of which are also more expensive than Shroom. I think Dreamblossom and Flashbang are the only ones cheaper? Those two need to get blowed up to do damage as well. It also tends to have more HP.

Long story short, it is in fact over-efficient, even considering the potential to damage yourself.

10. MikeLin

MikeLin I need me some PIE!

I feel sorry for fs, I really do.

Ok, let me summarize this white boy's thread: nerf fs, buff sl. Damn bp, u type pages when all u hqve to do is write 4 words with a comma

This **** probably lost to fs and switched over lol. @heroex7777 did the same $ hit after he lost to me.

11. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I have discussed this concept several times over the years. It is known as horizontal powercreep. It is not the obvious "this card is better than this other card" type, but simply the fleshing out of tools (either as a whole or in a theme). People tend to recognize this when wanting the faction or theme they play to have access to X or Y counters, but usually don't consider that it is just another form of powercreep.

It's interesting you mention ST and UD as having "diverse spellsets," as I don't actually consider either of them to have "diverse spellsets" traditionally. That has changed somewhat for ST - their diversity has increased over the years, but I'd argue the lack of diversity remains true for UD. That said, both ST and UD features strong board control type spells (and you continually see the same few spells in those factions being popular).

To look at it another way, it's really difficult for any non-board control non-champion rune to gain much traction with top players, unless they have a particularly powerful interaction, precisely because of how powerful board control really is.

Also loved your comment re: Drowning cheap champs. That is the kind of thing that seperates great players from others is understanding where the cost/benefit of that kind of thing lies and being able to calculate it to their advantage during a game.

Sealer0 likes this.
  12. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

Hey you used this BG to make my poophole bleed, thanks for explaining how that exactly happened.

13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

high defense, tough, ranged damage, fw are some of fs weaknesses. too bad fw isn't even a real faction and hasn't been for 6months+

I think just about every faction has bgs that can matchup well versus fs meta. The angel, moog, and probably noraweave are ridiculous though. FS hero are also extremely strong but other meta have hero that are op as well.

flame siphon shouldn't be able to be used on summons. Also I am not sure flame siphon with a healer is balance, I know for sure its not with a healer like fs angel that heals 3 times as much as it should be able to.

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Sigh.

I made this thread to combat ignorance surrounding the current FS situation and you come with this. People just can't identify the real problems when they lose. I spoon fed you the information, don't embarrass yourself with this nonsense.

Leadrz likes this.
  15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Not counting the 2x2 unit modifier, Moog has about a -10 or -15 manual modifier. At his price bracket, it's really not that bad. He has synergy, both internal and external, but he's a fraction of FS's power.

16. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

this is the same dude who has a 50% winrate versus my meta bgs.( he won the 2nd game by draw win, relocation/ first turn on neutral font map)

You talk like you only lose a game once a month and get battlemaster with moga or some crap.

Sealer0 likes this.
  17. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I didn't say moog is the main issue I just think it is too strong. I feel the main issue is fs angel, possibly noraweave, and hero in general.

Other things make fs strong but other factions/bg's that are currently strong also have runes that are similar in strength.

18. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

I think the real problem with FS is noraweave the ability to generate 80 nora for 30 nora is just ridiculous! It puts all other sources of nora gen to shame including flame siphon. It should just last for 2 turns. I saw a game between Taylor and Tiny, where Taylor generated like 120 nora from nora weave which won him the game.

19. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

You, uh, might want to take a look at his game history before saying stupid shxt like that.

20. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

mw dissing battlemaster

take that burn! Your opinion on FS is irrelevant now that you are battlemaster!