The gun control talk

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Oct 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

you should pre emptively add the following:

the main method of resistance in Afghanistan and Iraq are IED's
    Vietnam was between trained militaries
    Ukrainian army was steamrolling the sepetarists untll the support from Russian regulars came in to stabilise the frontline.

they may stand a chance if they fought an arabian/middle eastern army though, but I don't think the US army operates like that.

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

There is nowhere in the US that you can go buy an assault rifle with less bureaucratic measures and safeties than a car. Assault Rifles have selective fire, and as such are Title II weapons which are heavily regulated. What you can buy is a semi automatic rifle, a large capacity magazine, and a bump stock. I believe there is no issue with the rifle, but the large capacity magazine and the bump stock are what enabled the horrific violence in Las Vegas.

3. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

Might be mistaken as I know next to nothing about guns, but back in Texas an acquaintance got either an assault rifle or a semiautomatic from a dude, the whole transaction taking them less than 10 minutes, privately.

Just saying.

4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

that would defeat the purpose of the internet. I am not simple minded enough to waste effort on an obvious low lvl troll like yourself.

?mmmmm?

lemme quote myself for a second because I find you quite laughable.

5. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

Unrelatedly: are you able to have a conversation without belittling/disapproving/mocking your counterparts? Because all I've read from you in this thread is sprinkled with personal disqualifications that not only muddle the issue you guys should be discussing, it makes it messier to get anwyhere.

You literally know nothing about my life and whether or not I've "suffered the ills of tyrannical, corrupt governments". Stop doing that, it's not only disrespectful, it is useless.

Your "terrorist killings" toll counts are less deadlier than your most recent mass shooting. According to Wikipedia terrorism in Germany has taken less than 50 lives in the past 20 years.

If your family gets gunned down in a mass shooting, I wonder what your posture will be.

Geressen likes this.
  6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

That would be a semiautomatic rifle unless you missed part of the transaction. It may have been an AR-15 style rifle, which looks like an M-16/M-14. The AR-15 does not have selective fire. It is capable of using large capacity magazines, and is also the gun that most bump stocks are designed for.

The attempted "assault weapon" ban after Sandy Hook that failed would have classified the gun below as an assault weapon depending on which version of it you have. The top two and the bottom left would have been legal, but the rest would have been considered "assault weapons". The initial assault weapons ban in the that expired in 2004 would have classified the 3rd guns on both sides as "assault weapons". If a large capacity magazine was put into any of the other rifles except for the top two and bottom left one, they would also be "assault weapons" by the expired ban's definition.
    [​IMG]

Andralexis likes this.
  7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

But my feelings about guns!!!

Andralexis likes this.
  8. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

With AI soon guns WILL kill people.

9. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

First part is silly, second part I can get behind. What you don't seem to get is nobody gives a Firk about banning whatever, criminals will still get whatever they want. Penalizing normal citizens because you have a few nut jobs is silly. Might as well say shorter knives should be a thing because crazy people use the long knives more often.

The second we get these reductions in magazines, stocks, the second things will evolve from there. It will start there and next it will be something else, only handguns or only hunting rifles,criminals don't care about laws that's why they are criminals.

Their are multiple videos of army personnel being taught to take guns away from everyday citizens in the United States, go watch a couple.

Check the statistics for every state where they have very strict gun laws, it just creates free roam for criminals when they don't have to worry about everyday citizens defending themselves.

If you were a criminal are you gonna rob the guy with a gun, or a guy without one ?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  10. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

so you are willing to admit that either you think technological developments are bad or your congress is too slow to adapt to an ever changing world?

You are losing water because you insist the bucket needs to have holes in it.

11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Short and long knives bot have a use. Handguns and rifles both have a use. Bump stocks have no use other than to make the gun they are put on function like an automatic weapon, which already has strict laws that effectively ban them for most people.

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Screenshot_20171004-225933.png

Saw this pass, got a chuckle out of me

Tweek516 likes this.
  13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

gun lobby switched from "hunting" to "defense against crime/terrorists/the goverment " a decade ago, because fear sells better than venison.

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Venison tastes better, unless the fear is seasoned with tears.

15. super71

You didn't debate anything else I said and instead took the sound bite, that I offered as a bit of humor to a emotional topic. I understand what your saying, but banning them won't stop criminals from doing it so why would we stop our law abiding gun licensed citizens from doing it ? Do I think citizens need assault rifles, no I don't, but do I think it should be the governments decision to take away that option, absolutely not.

We run a thin line in this country now, where the government strips away more and more rights every year in every part of the world and we squabble about things that don't really matter and we can't control.

16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Don't worry, I was called a ****head today for describing Kate from life is strange as having "a fatal case of pavement face" apparently this offended the guy because his roommate and friend of 10 years took the fast way down to the riverbank, how was I supposed to know that? in my country people take the train.

so you know... it happens.

17. Kendoshi

Kendoshi I need me some PIE!

Reading through all this gun support. I can't believe it as non american how most of you can so positively speak about guns like its some toy. How nothing changes if the guns would be gone and it isn't the reason for people dying... like seriously? I am Firking afraid of visiting your country because of the Bane Shift I read weekly about some crazy police officer or some other ****head shooting someone. I know the chances are slim but why would I risk it?

I can visit other places and just deal with regular lunatics with knives and pickaxes rather then armed socker moms. Some cities in your beloved country have more deaths by gunshots in 1 week as opposed to germany in 1 year. If you still think that's how it should be and guns aren't the reason, than you should visit some other places and see for yourself that guns aren't needed to feel and be safe.

Geressen likes this.
  18. super71

Again it's not the guns it's the people behind the guns, America isn't perfect but to say we're the worst place in the world to visit is dumb. It's a societal problem and not a gun problem, the news media in the United States makes these domestic terrorists famous so you get another lunatic every year trying to one up each other.

Also the punishment for killing people in the United States is 3 squares meals a day, a gym, computers, a library yada yada.

I could also say I'm afraid to visit Germany because of all the terror attacks every week now, and many people from the United States agree.

God forbid if a time ever comes when your government does turn on you or push the limits too far, or you do get invaded and have nothing to defend yourselves.

I agree though, we do have a lot of gun deaths and it really is pitiful, I think America overall has become very tolerant on murder and serious crimes and we need to ramp it up on never letting these lunatics out on parole and if they do murder, death penalty right away.

19. super71

Sadly a lot of people believe the shooting was done by multiple people, and the government is covering it up. A lot of the videos sounded like 2 or possibly 3 guns going at a time, it also seems very difficult he was shooting all those people with such accuracy with no training.

I don't know if I believe that theory, but quite a few politicians jumped out in force right away to condemn the NRA. It also seems crazy he carries 34 guns up in different bags, in an area where they have video cameras like every 10 feet and they have no footage of anything ? Also Las Vegas has metal detectors frigging everywhere, a lot of this doesn't make sense. Honestly I hope it was one nut job, because otherwise that would mean the killers are out there still.

It's sad I have to wonder whether or not my media or government is lying to me.

20. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

It doesn't take training to shoot what is effectively a machine gun into a tightly packed crowd. Without the bump stock the death toll would have been much smaller. From what I've read only 3% of gun crimes are committed with rifles, the rest with handguns. This is the first crime I've heard about using a bump stock. There is nothing a bump stock can be used for other than simulating the fire rate of an automatic weapon. Do you believe automatic weapons should be available to everyone? If not, then why not classify bump stocks the same way?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.