The guy who runs Poxbox hasn't run the numbers.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Garr123, May 8, 2015.

1. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

If you've seen You're Next:

[​IMG]

Maybe it's all a lie, but 1:4 for legendaries.

2. Garr123

http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/final-coalitions-preview.15215/

• IN/OUT ratios are now consistent between Core and Extended Set
    • Decreased number of runes required to move up tiers
      • It will now take 20 Rares to craft a Legendary, compared to the previous 30
      • It will now take 4 Exotics to craft a Legendary, compared to the previous 7.5
    • Increased yield when moving down tiers
      • Sharding an Rare will now allow you to craft 5 Uncommons, compared to the 0.83 previously
      • Sharding an Exotic will now allow you to craft 2.5 Rares, compared to the 0.8 previously
    • Extended Set Runes values are now fixed at 150% of Core Set costs

Morfeas likes this.
  3. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

So? He is milking it while he can lol

4. Garr123

I'm a poor ass pox player, but trading a soon to be trash 200k exo for a handful of legs seems alright if Moles math is correct.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

we all know he's trying to shark as much as possible help the game

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

What?

7. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

There has to be a way to calculate the new forge prices with the information we have:

1. Increased shard generation for all rarities (between 125% to 250% relative to previous values)

2. IN/OUT ratios are now consistent between Core and Extended Set

3. Decreased number of runes required to move up tier
    It will now take 20 Rares to craft a Legendary, compared to the previous 30
    It will now take 4 Exotics to craft a Legendary, compared to the previous 7.5

4. Increased yield when moving down tiers
    Sharding an Rare will now allow you to craft 5 Uncommons, compared to the 0.83 previously.
    Sharding an Exotic will now allow you to craft 2.5 Rares, compared to the 0.8 previously

5. Extended Set Runes values are now fixed at 150% of Core Set cost

6. We can assume they did not raise any OUT prices as that would upset the playerbase.

I tried for a bit, but I'm not getting there, well I got something, but it doesn't make sense.

Anyone good with math here?

Cheers,

Josh753

8. Garr123

Too many missing variables. We don't know what "consistent" means, and we also don't know how many legs=exos.

If it's accurate, then exos are now worth x and legs are now 4x. The missing information is leg to exo rates.

9. VindraxIsMyHomie

VindraxIsMyHomie New Member

I think that information is implied. Nothing was mentioned about changing the forge prices. It seems likely that exos will still cost 400 shards to forge.

The shard value for legendaries will increase somewhere between 25% and 150%. Which is a pretty huge range, but that puts shard generation for legendaries at 300-600.

If I were you I'd trade your exo in for CURs or dirt cheap exos.

10. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

I need a Grimthir.

soulmilk and Leadrz like this.
  11. Garr123

Dirt cheap legs and dirt cheap exos. Mostly just traded in some IS stuff because that faction is hot garbage at the moment and forge changes are all speculation. Someone with more runes than me could make bank atm, though.

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I just took as much overstock shard fodder as I could.

13. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

Well I kind of figured that out, but I'm stuck with the Common Uncommon rates.

As it states that forging one rare now is 5 uncommons so without raising the price I had a rare value of 15 IN/30 OUT and lowered UC to 3 OUT but than the IN should be 1 or 2 (if they won't work with numbers behind 0) which would be weird.

It does work out with the 20 rares is one LEG (as legs are now 300 and I don't expect them to raise it to avoid upset people).

Now we know it takes 4 exotics to craft 1 LEG, which would put the Exotic IN price at 75.

Sharding an Exotic would be worth 2.5 rares, which works out as well.

So for the coreset I ended up with the estimate of:

Common: 1 IN/1 OUT
    Uncommon: 2 IN/3 OUT
    Rare: 15 IN /30 OUT
    Exo: 75 IN /200 OUT
    LEG: 100 IN/300 OUT

As you can see it still does not really make sense for common runes, as I doubt they would do 1 for 1.

Cheers,

Josh753

14. Garr123

If poxbox does its thing, then your exo out rate is too high. (assuming info is true,)

Pox has such a small community now that it's not complicated to figure it out. (guesstimating tens, not thousands)

Edit: If the numbers are true, then this seems like an attempt to kneecap offsite traders. I'd recommend being extremely competitive if you restart.

Last edited: May 10, 2015
  15. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

thats @Sokolov's math not mine!

16. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It really doesn't have much to do with traders. We are just creating a better experience for our players.

mw24, soulmilk, SPiEkY and 2 others like this.
  17. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

poxbox i become too expensive remember the good times when lim angel was 100k and exo hardly exceeded 100k?
    that was like 3 expansions ago

18. Tricky1

Tricky1 I need me some PIE!

shhhhh let's not believe in an actual owl council. That would make these forums even more complicated than they already are.

19. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

They're not a council, they're a parliament.

20. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Besides, it works a lot more like the Illuminati.

Not that I have insider knowledge or anything...