The Nerfs I think FW could stand to take if

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by BansheeX, Mar 4, 2014.

1. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

VotH is amazing.......agasint bad players. Good players more or less just thank you for wasting a upgrade or deploy a Prestige champion.

2. Pico

Pico I need me some PIE!

I have run the rune multiple times in a BG, don't make baseless assumptions about things :/.

Domination is a 50 nora spell, vs. an ability, and saying Whisperghast has no defensive capabilities when choosing it is just false, because it in itself is a defensive ability because it requires the opponent to position significantly differently then if it did not have it. Phase Shift is only more important if it goes font running, and if it goes font running, your in a bad position anyways because you have a squishy ranged champion capping fonts alone, and are probably better off having whispers as a defensive mechanism then phase shift. I mean, it has fairly competitive upgrades, I would consider Cast: Despoil auto because it is so strong, and then the other one is left to preference.

@ Banshee
    That is like saying Domination is only good against bad players-- any form of AP gen or relocation makes it far stronger and effective even against proper positioning, prestige being a counter is forcing your opponent to invest in something they may not have otherwise.

I don't even feel it should be nerfed upfront, not until DOG looks at range in the game as a whole.

RedScarlet and GabrielQ like this.
  3. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

To be fair, I liked your previous post, so isn't like I have an entirely bad opinion about you. My bad.

Said that, I still consider phase shift is more relevant than voth for the single reason the WG is intended to be font running. Its entire role, at least as far as I have seen among ranked players, and how I employ it, is to move it forward and then use wormhole to pull beaters into the front lines, like the ethereal soldier. It will be plenty of times at the front lines, and sometimes after the relocation it will not have enough room or ap to move somewhere safe. Hence, phase shift.

Also, for what I have seen, many players deploy prestige against FW anyway, either because domination, or because the myriad de fear effects. If the WG have voth, is just a bonus. No prestige? Fine: kill it from range. Is not like range 6 is something rare in most factions, you know?

4. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Tiny runs voices, Gillo runs voices, I run voices, and pretty much everyone I've seen except few who are playing stealthy spirits do it. Now what competetive level were you referring to?

5. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

when I read threads like this it gives me the impression that basically no one believes a champ overhaul is going to happen, since arguing the minutia of the current meta still feels relevant to everyone.

6. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

Funny you mention it, because I just saw Tiny lose against Whisperghast using Whisperghast... both had Voices on their Head. Both were playing IS/FW splits.

Between the games I've observed, most if not all high-ranking players run Voices.

Contrast and compare Whisperghast to the original VotH rune, Imp Deceiver. They both cost the same, yet the spirit has better damage type, range, better damage, better HP...

-- EDIT --

Not to mention Prestige is (thanfully) not widely available.

Whisperghast is undercosted. Maybe not by that much, but undercosted nonetheless.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  7. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

I thought Tiny was playing FS/FW. Idk, I don't really care either way for it.

8. Andralexis

You're totally right, he was using Timothy the Vile. I recorded a fraction of the game, will try to put it online even if it is not complete. Will edit the post for clarity's sake, thanks Nid.

9. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Ok. Well, I don't know who else is using it, but it completely makes sense to want more sources of Possession when you have the ability to cloud-kill opposing champs either via Fumes or Timmy.

10. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

This is hilarious. You yourself do not play on a competitive level and you're going to mock top players who play against it(and in some cases run it themselves)? You have absolutely zero idea of what you're talking about, and your long drawn out "analysis" shows just how little you know about the game. /endthread

11. Andralexis

The other BG was a goodstuff IS/FW BG. Used Cast:Despoil and VotH as upgrades on Whisperghast.

Been lurking Ranked lobby for the past few weeks and I have not seen a Meta Presence (Top 200) WG without Voices. Admittedly I haven't seen any Banshee games but probably she's the only one.

12. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Banshee has been very bus the last 2 mponths or so so i hav had about 5 ranked games in the last week or so and 0 before that. I rankdecayed down to uncommon league.

13. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

Wow... People mention lamia for a nerf and noone bats an eye. I mention the whisperghast and everyone loses their minds! Too many silly responses in this thread for me to actually comment on all of them :/ I liked the idea of dissipate and possibly +2 nora for the record.

14. Nyanta

Nyanta I need me some PIE!

i think its because whisperghast fits into more bgs than lamia and she is very good for her cost.

putting dissipate on whisperghast is imo a little heavy handed in nerfing it considering the other dissipate champions offer a whole lot more and/or can get around the loss in damage. If whisperghast has to be nerfed i think it should lose voices from the upgrades and get something else instead. from what ive read voices seem to be the ability people have a problem with anyway.

15. Ballballer

it needs to lose despoil

16. Nyanta

that would make utterdark wormhole the worst form of relocate ally in the game

17. Ballballer

yes........? its also better than any relocate ally champ in the game currently

18. Nyanta

imo that is not entirely true yes whisperghast has more attack and more range than most of them but when you look at the other relocate champs they provide more than the whisperghast in their own themes and most are cheaper than it (if you include the sp bonus). The only 2 that seem really weak in ff bg would circle messenger who is more of a champ you would use in a split bg and ghern overlord because of base speed 5 + poor upgrades

19. Ballballer

no relocate ally champ(besides maybe lonx chieftain) provides more either in theme or out of theme. despoil makes it way too efficient and, imo, needs to go.

20. only

only Active Member

this escalated quite quickly.