The new equips that spawn something after 6 turns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GemmaXylia, Mar 31, 2016.

1. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Has anyone been able to find success with these equips?

6 turns to make it happen just feels far too long in my opinion, i've seen it proc once so far and they purposefully didn't kill the champ when they could have to get it to function.

It doesn't work like overgrowth/haunt etc and the spawn doesn't happen if the champion dies or the equipment is removed.

I feel that 6 turns is too long to not have shatter or the champ removed from play generally speaking. What are your thoughts? Would 4 turns make it too strong?

Tweek516, Qucas, mw24 and 4 others like this.
  2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

My thoughts: keep playing with it for two weeks. Then do a retrospective on that experience.

Ohmin, Woffleet and Lushiris like this.
  3. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

My first impression was the same - 6 turns without killing the champ or having the equip removed seems like a LONG TIME.

And you're correct that this is essentially a champion-based Haunt/Overgrowth effect, with the major drawback being that unlike Haunt/OG, the new equips do not give Pariah to the champ, making shattering/removing the equip trivially easy.

super71 likes this.
  4. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I think 4 turns would be perfect, you could equip it on yourself and take a Bane Shift ton of damage I guess ? I do like the equips though they are very unique and seem like they will be fun to play with.

5. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I'm not fond on this mechanics since they are at much control of your opponent... But I don't belive 4 turns it's ok.

6. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

If the effect occurred when the equipment leaves play these items would be good. That way the effect would always happen and either party could impact exactly when it does.

7. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I played a little with the naria one and it seemed OK at 6.

Sure it could be shattered or the champ could die, but surely the point is to play them when this isn't likely to happen.

8. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

That's the one I was trying to use as i'm tinkering with naria/delim at the moment.

I only managed to get it work once and i deliberately had to ignore the champ to get my unit to spawn, what should I be equipping it on? Support back line units, beefy things? I don't really understand it's function because it essentially does nothing for 6 turns, then 10 dmg which is.. okay? The seedling is also.. not the best of units? and it's summoned so you can't run it around to capture fonts, (well I did with greenhouse into sapling but that's extra nora)

Maybe I am just understanding it's function wrong.. How are we supposed to use them? Should I equip it on myself?

9. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I had some success with Cracked Egg (the serpent one). If there is a side battle going on somewhere and only have one champ available to fight it, the equip can help out, eventually. For the wait involved, the risk of having it be Shattered, and the relatively low HP of the summoned champion, it seems a little too costly at 35 nora.

10. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

I haven't tried it yet myself, but using scorched earth on a friendly fire eater champ seems decent, although it's still really slow.

11. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

The problem is the summoned champ has terrible stats costs 35 nora and takes 6 turns to summon. The rune itself is pretty damn cool but for how it works it is pretty bad right now.

12. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Might just be a case of -5 Nora.

Ohmin likes this.