The old skill > new guys debate.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Feb 12, 2015.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Knowing devils hes either playing or afk. He doesnt ever bother with lobbychat or PMs really.

2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

All he does is skype.

3. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

You do realise that's Hermaios, right?

BurnPyro likes this.
  4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Who is awfully mediocre and overrated.

UD just hapoened to be stupid good back then.

5. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Who's dumb enough to do that?

Oh and I reached top 50 once. It was totally not after a rank reset.

Sirius likes this.
  6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Not me.

BurnPyro and Sirius like this.
  7. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Dany90....Buff moga or he'd never come back

8. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

now find my main

9. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Several people in this thread have implied that draw winning is a new phenomenon, but it's been a big part of PoxNora for a looong time. There was a time when almost all top decks ran every champ with initiative in their faction because Initiative gave you half of your SPD as AP, and the SPD stat at that time was what is now the AP cap for champs (IE. most champs had 9 SPD, translating to 6 AP per turn). Mountain Garu was a 13 SPD Init 2 champ and could get to your opponent's font before them on some maps if you moved first.

As far as good old players go, I always respected hashinshin as a player even though he made incredibly biased posts on the forums. I think sinwind, Ryvirath, molecl, kthx, Dany90, that FW player who pioneered attrition decks (can't remember screen name) and iPox were the most memorable to me. I also tend to agree with dagdapede's opinions and respected most of what he said.

10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Karmavore is good but kf is the strongest faction in this game. Try playing kf for a few weeks if you are already limited with something else. You will probably end up in the top 10 pretty easily. I was going to show people how ridiculous kf is because sokolov said I was just ranting but I am kinda bored of playing at the moment(kf isn't fun to me). I stopped after 2 days going 19-1 and getting rank 70 limited with no avatar on my new alt account markxxiv. Wait until they balance the faction(if they ever do) before giving karmavore credit.

KF just got sunder, hex/stall, hunter equipped(to destroy hero and tanks), majestic,(anti UD) a super powered version of elsari reaper that cost the same nora and has 8 speed.(double soulstrike...)

If you compare KF currently to how it was a few months ago it may be overall stronger than it was before any of the nerfs because now it has even less weaknesses than before and a lot more tools while other factions have been getting nerfed with far less compensation.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  11. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I said you were just ranting because that is what you were doing. I asked you for specific feedback on what should be changed and you just kept telling me KF is OP in generic terms - i.e. ranting.

As for going to 19-1 and becoming Limited in 2 days... well, that is exactly what I'd expect for a Limited caliber player. This is the ELO system working.

Unless you are suggesting you are a Exotic/Rare leaguer who can only reach Limited with KF? Otherwise the only thing I can see is you proved a Limited caliber player... can reach Limited league.

~

As for Sunder, they already had Sunder, on a ranged champ no less. And multiple sources of Soften (many run in the meta). Hex was also available previously, along with Majestic.

As for new abilities, every faction got new stuff, so that's just more aimless ranting. Whenever you about KF you basically talk as tho the entire faction should just be removed.

BurnPyro likes this.
  12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Not that hard to go 19-1 when you're farming unranked and rare league noobs.

scrampy likes this.
  13. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Fine, you win. Edited list.

14. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Historically, there hasnt been that many good SP players. I really wish I would have had the chance to go against Hash when we both were playing competitively though.

15. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

I thought you were Hash? Or did you give up on your crusade of trying to convince us? ;)

16. Ballballer

Hence me joking about playing hash

17. Ballballer

I am not hash, there i admit it. I wish i couldve played him tho

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

What Im getting from this is

buff SL

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

:D

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

went 9-1 vs 4 limited and 6 exo with no avatar. Lost 1 game rushing a font with an elven artisan.