The revamp effects on our themes

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by mahesar, Jun 26, 2014.

1. mahesar

mahesar The King of Potatoes

It's worth noting that since all the creepers got race undead, the dusk creeper's improve range works with everything except the poor humans.

2. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Actually, Stitched got massacred. There's really no reason to run them now.

Not a single Stitched champion can move more than 6 spaces after the turn it is deployed. This alone is a huge hit against Stitched, who already had a tough early game.

The usefulness of many Stitched is just gone now. Stitched Magician used to have Metamorphosis as an upgrade, not anymore. No more Psychic Ping for Stitched First.

The survivability of many Stitched has been drastically reduced. No more Life Siphon or Evasive for Stitched Shaman. No more Evasive for Stitched Magician.

So many things wrong with Stitched now...

3. Tal3234

Tal3234 Devotee of the Blood Owl

+1

4. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

Also, Kiergana is now speed 5. Outstanding.

5. Tal3234

Tal3234 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Kiergana.. and Soulthirster ...and more..

mmmmmmmm i dont know the logic.. 6spd is good...but 5 ?? mmmm :(

6. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

At this time I'd think it would be very useful to start outlining what themes are missing at the moment.

For example I think creeps definitely need more champions or a change to their ability in order to be viable.
    Right now they seem like they are in limbo right now for some reason.

I'll have to go through the rest and play test some more before I can give feedback.

First reaction is that there are some more linchpin undead for synergy, zombies also look real interesting now especially with the nerf to the majority of ranged champs.

7. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Yup. They were the main reason I got into this game. Now they suck even more than they did before. I am... Unhappy.

8. SireofSuns

That's funny, I've been writing up personal lists about things like that for the past 3 years. Now if I could only find all the documents...

9. SireofSuns

Seeing the lack of your comments on these rage threads frightens me BansheeX. Your silence is... Only adding to my worries.

10. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

so what can we play now?
    there is a meta bg?
    there is something that can really work?

11. SireofSuns

Basically, FW has been nerfed. As I see it, the themes are almost trash now. So.. All that's left is the demon-spawn (aka "Good-stuffs"). Oh. Yay.

12. mahesar

mahesar The King of Potatoes

Skellies weren't treated too bad, though they've gained a lot of disease effects and some synergy in it with black death and rotting blows on some of them. I haven't played zombies yet but I've watched them do decently. You just have to adjust to having a lot of meat but only a few swarmers that have to get the kills. Remember, you don't have to have 5 za units out now, a za units has to have a total of any 5 zombies out to proc.

13. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

So far it looks like skeletons and zombies are pretty good right now.
    I'm still trying out spirits, lichees, and maybe some attrition.

Death benefit, creeps, and vampires still pretty much stink although vampires did get some love.

14. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

spirit can be good but it's not what we have it's what other function get
    if u can post what u run or what u think it's good I will thx u a lot

15. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

Ok so the nerfs to the game are step one. Keep playing your themes whether you win or lose. Maybe find something new and cool about the new stuff or solidify the worries about the changes. I personally am really gonna fight for my zombies (as bleak as it seems) and keep messing with my attrition deck. The second step is being constructive and report or results so things can be improved.

16. SireofSuns

I'll be there with you, every step of the way. I was... Displeased with the direction they brought our Zombies. It's like driving down your favorite road, and then being given a detour for no reason.
    "I want to get back to MY road, thank you very much."