Thoughts After a Four Year Break

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by goldmonkee, Jul 1, 2014.

1. kyzrin

kyzrin The King of Potatoes

baby dont hurt me, dont hurt me, no more.

So it would appear this thing has brought back a lot of old timers. This pleases me. This pleases me immensely.

2. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- I was immense once... then dagda dc'd from my skype chat.

Dagda likes this.
  3. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

you ever meet up with gav, chief

Thbigchief likes this.
  4. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- I think we were in the same aisle at 7-11 on the corner...and we knew this because we both recognized the scent of Pox ... Fritos + shame. He just threw a corn dog at me and ran out...that's how I remember it anyway.

5. Old NewsBuff

Old NewsBuff Well-Known Member

I did notice you. You were one of the few people to play a FF Skeezick(?) and do really well with it.

6. Old NewsBuff

Hey, don't worry. I was a drunken, idiotic college student at the time I played PoxNora heavily. I'd like to think I've changed a bit. Mellowed out. Stopped getting so drunk and talking about blowing/Firking dudes and doing cocaine to random people in the PoxNora chat rooms.

You have no idea. :)

DarkJello likes this.
  7. Old NewsBuff

Welcome back goldmonkee! I remember watching your games. Your avatar picture really is spot on. You really popularized and made that Champion (plus Gale Force or whatever it was called, haha) your own and was the reason why, at least personally, people switched from running two of the Frost Queens to the Elder. It helped that they were pushing a frost amp theme, sure, but I remember thinking "this guy sure does know how to play ST."

8. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

I'm confused. Are you old newsbuff like old-old newsbuff? or are you new-old newsbuff or are you new newsbuff that used to be "old" newsbuff? With this new account are you new-old-new newsbuff?

I'm legitimately perplexed.

9. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I think you're making it more confusing than it is.

He's the guy that used to be newsbuff, but now current newsbuff is newsbuff and this newsbuff, rather than being a new, buff, newsbuff, is actually the newest, buffest newsbuff, which I think makes newsbuff the old new newsbuff now that old newsbuff is new-old newsbuff.

PurpleTop and DarkJello like this.
  10. Old NewsBuff

That confused me, SPiEkY.

If you guys aren't just trying to rile me up, I was the original account holder and creator of NewsBuff. I had a few alts that I was able to figure out how to login with the whole transfer business, so I'll be on as "UDewsBuff"; which was my feeble attempt at showing people that you could play competitively with a preconstructed deck and only the precon. Needless to say, I wasn't very successful (or really, driven). Hopefully I can get some nice FS runes and start playing them again and see how well I can do (perhaps I can even get rank 1 again!).

11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Even @Ogre has been around a bit lately.

12. osufan777

osufan777 The King of Potatoes

Good to see you again goldmonkee!! Welcome back!!!

13. osufan777

osufan777 The King of Potatoes

I remember back in the day donating a ton of runes to Ogre's store.

Oh, if I only had them back.........

14. Sepulcher

Sepulcher I need me some PIE!

Oh, you know - checking out the revamp, subtly flaming NewsBuff, lobbying for UD buffs like a tr00 zealot, etc.

15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

UD is a melee faction, Sep, just stop.