today in gaming

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ragic, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

trying to think if I ever met any 'pox like' women in my life.... lets see

1. offers very little for free
    2. spending money greatly increases the experience
    3. is unnecessarily complex
    4. after being with it for awhile its hard to leave it

I think youre on to something there darklord.

2. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I've never played it but it sounds like they are building up the player base with the plan to sell it off later on.

I wouldn't be surprised if SoE buys it up and then starts fleecing the players dry.

SPiEkY likes this.
  3. Ragic

nah, HS isn't a hooker, its the girl in highschool who gave it away too quickly and made all the other girls jealous of all the attention she got
    so fear not, hearthstone will eventually be fat and married to a fireman.

4. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Depends on your definition of rewarding.

If you're playing a game to get something a the end, that's fine. I tend to value the reward of playing the game itself over that.

SPiEkY likes this.
  5. Ragic

a sense of progression that is satisfied on a daily basis

pox has superior gameplay (obviously). I don't think it has to sacrifice its gameplay to improve the sense of progression (apparently not as obvious).

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

If pox had a 3 rune pack that you can buy daily instead of every 3 days you would feel like it's more rewarding?

7. Ragic

just charge half as much for packs and double the shard exchange rate. I'd progress all over that.

id also like to see the ability to filter packs and boxes by faction. The fewer factions it can draw from the more the price goes up.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

A game like Hearthstone can afford to do that, much in the same way Walmart can afford to sell products at a loss to undercut the competition. They know that they have other avenues of revenue. Hearthstone can have a free to play model that may break even, or lose money without the company going bankrupt because of World of Warcraft and other products. Desert Owl doesn't have that luxury. They need to ease into the free to play model to make sure that they generate enough revenue to remain viable. If they change too far into the free to play model that they are not getting the revenue they need, then Desert Owl either has to shut down Pox to protect the company, or they need to take away part of the free experience, which would cause user backlash.

Right now, I don't consider Pox a free to play game. I consider it to be a paid game that has elements designed to reduce the cost to continue playing. Some day it may become truely free to play, without months of grinding gold with locked decks.

SPiEkY likes this.
  9. Ragic

pox is too broken buggy and out of balance to act like a AAA title, and its going to be that way for a long time. the revamp is only the beginning of a fix, if a fix it will ever be. I imagine they will have the same problems SOE had. quality vs quantity. theyre gonna have to keep those expansions rolling out to keep y'all happy which means less time for what would make the game actually worth it. And the pox diehards aren't enough to keep the game alive. f2p is its only hope.

10. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

But the game sucks so time spend on Hearthstone is wasted

Boozha likes this.