tokens too expensive

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chuckaboo, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Chuckaboo

Chuckaboo The King of Potatoes

Tokens imo are too expensive atm at 3000gold. with how tough it already is for new players this makes it even harder.

I recently came back to this game after quitting for about a year and I'm having to grind out campaigns etc. just for tokens in order to play PvP and it's really boring. I imagine other players (mainly new) are having similar problems.

pls reduce price..

DrakeArron, Goyo, Xzablaz and 2 others like this.
  2. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

start a trade and I'll give you some tokens mate

3. Chuckaboo

Chuckaboo The King of Potatoes

4. poinl

poinl I need me some PIE!

The free tokens from completing games and opening packs does me good enough tbh. Ever since the redesign, you don't have to max level every champ in your deck. Trade for em if you have to.

5. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Chuckaboo likes this.
  6. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Every player has been saying it since token packs became 3k, sadly don't expect it to change. In pox's business model they look at tokens as a gold sink, which it is, so players can't entirely play free to play with the runes they want because they spend all their gold on tokens to lvl their champs. Sadly this business model has mostly backfired and just led to players just quitting. Over the years the more vocal community members have just asked for the cp system to be removed, it hasn't happened. So here we all are with post number 1000 about the damn tokens lol.

7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

tokens are way too expensive

Ive bought like 2 packs with gold in 2 years because ive literally had to spend all my gold on tokens just to play my bgs properly.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  8. super71

9. super71

Well the past thousand threads on the topic the devs have ignored , therefore every so often I feel the need to remind them every now and then their 3k token packs are only hurting the game. Thanks though.

10. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

11. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

i was in the same boat spending all gold on token packs before i bought the crazy token pack of 50 platinum tokens in the market multiple times for real money ($5 each pack i think it was), would be great to see that deal in the market for gold. tokens for gold are a rip off for what you get.

12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I'd be happy if they weren't forced into a bundle. Why did that happen?

13. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

Not that I condone the practice, but horrid free to play models seem to be a theme with online TCG's. Keep in mind I mean specifically ally trading card games like pox, not ccg's like hearthstone. There are only three TCG's that I'm aware of in existence that can be played online (yugioh can too, but not as a tcg online)- Pox Nora, HEX: Shards of Fate, and Magic the Gathering Online. All of them have bad free to play models. (yes MtG online has a ten dollar entry fee, but you get the idea). Now, I know it's a small sample size, but perhaps it is for the same reason they all have bad business models- for some reason, online free to play TCG's just don't... work. I don't know why, really, but it appears that there's something in them that causes their developers to make bad free to play decisions.
    I'm not saying its a good f2p model, but perhaps if we could figure out why this trend is here we'd be better able to address it.

14. prymusedek

prymusedek I need me some PIE!

Never bought tokens never needed to buy tokens :eek: don't get the point of this thread. Why would u buy tokens when u can get them in ranked :eek: