Tortun Transport is a joke.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xuvali, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Xuvali

Xuvali Devotee of the Blood Owl

It gives Iniative on replort - ability says nothing about it.

So its 45 Nora for 5 Def 62 HP - Already insane HP to nora ratio.
    Can give any unit Initiative.
    Can reset Cooldowns on abilities
    Can remove affects like Doom.

This unit either needs a serious recosting, or the ability needs to be looked at. I have no idea why this has never been used much in the past.

My suggestion is remove Initiative from it.

(yes i lost to it, would not have known about it if i hadn't played against it)

OriginalG1 likes this.
  2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

It also resets pillage. When I ran FF KF tortuns against DMB for funsies in a casual game he surrendered and put me on ignore ...

Maybe I could get a blue name by running it in ranked, but it would feel so dirty that I won't :p Transport really needs a good look.

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Does it give Initiative or does it replace the champion with the AP it had before being transported?

4. Xuvali

Just faced it, it was granting Initiative 1 on redeploy

Chris0024 literally deployed a tort mortar. Loaded it, unloaded it and had 5ap to do with as he pleased.

5. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

:p

Qucas and Xirone like this.
  6. Xuvali

Cheeky bugger, Ill have you next time.

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Ridiculous. This must be fixed.

Oh, maybe the near-free redeploys also need a look. Sounds a bit broken.

Pattn199 likes this.
  8. chris0024

Someone asked me yesterday which is more powerful, moga or torts, and at the time I figured both themes were equally powerful, but after playing against Xuvali and some other moga player I can safely say Torts are more powerful (broken) that moga. I am no where near xuvali's skill level, and honestly had you kep playing you would have won, and managed to win. They are both silly and broken right now but transport is lulz.

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Eh, don't know if a head-to-head is the way to judge the power of those two groups. I would say Tortuns probably have better matchups on the whole (they don't fold like oragami paper to FW, for one), but that's already going to be a hard moga matchup because of the large flat damage reduction torts get from their large racial defense.

10. chris0024

Head to head yes torts will win the majority of the games on tariff alone. There are other factors as well but that ability with moagz low hp and propensity to blowing themselves up will tip the game in the favor most of the time. Also, ummm transport. Was this mentioned before? o_O

Xuvali likes this.
  11. Boozha

... Yeah, when I told you that expecting me to magically know that you wanted me to play a crap deck was a bit childish it was just too much for you to take, I guess. Stop being such a loser.

12. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

I wonder if you use it on a phoenix if it will come back with rebirth.

Pattn199 likes this.
  13. chris0024

:eek:

Pattn199 likes this.
  14. Boozha

You can't, it only works on Tortuns. What you need to do is somehow bestow a tortun with those abilities and then try it. Thought about divine favor.

15. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

ah, I didn't know about the tortuns only clause.
    Bestow would be removed since it's re-deploying the unit essentially.

16. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

patch inc my friends

17. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Oh my god, tortuns are finally decent and people are complaining already?!? complain about the insane coalition runes ffs. I barely even play atm and I am still crushing people with them.

LONG LIVE TORTUNS!(buff leoss)

18. Boozha

... Long live tortuns, but transport is bloody insane. Simply absurd. I hope they don't overnerf it, but some change has to be made, the current situation is ridiculous.

19. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

no, i need it for my tortun bg. :(

first xuvali gets decondor to remove le sceian from his trader now he is trying to wreck tortuns. Xuvali is ruining my life.

I'd be playing tortuns right now if I didn't have to spend the next 5 hours doing this school work. -____-

20. Kaziken

Kaziken I need me some PIE!

Dem 0 minute victories. Truly fearsome.