Tough

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BroWatchThis, Aug 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

1-it doesn't matter if you're trolling or not. your posts in response to perceived trolls are pretty ugly. now, if they were trolling, that's only going to entice them. the odds of you actually hurting a legitimate "troll"s feelings are pretty low. if they weren't trolling though, but just came off in a way that made you think they were (or some such) then your response is still the same (ugly) and it's still only going to make matters worse- people don't respond well to the kind of negativity you put out, as i think you can well attest by now. a decent number of the people you think are trolling you did not start out that way, and likely started because of 1-how easy a target you are for a response and/or 2-because of how often you give these over-the-top responses

2-i'm not talking about what it is that you're saying in this thread, i'm talking about your general tone/writing style and how it affects your audience (everyone). also, just in general, trying to lump the pox community into one group rarely works. it is an interesting note, though, that they historically tend to rally strongest either for or against the biggest perceived trolls (******** also fall into this category, so don't pat yourself on the back too much) of the era- you don't seem to have many in the "for" category yet.

the interesting thing there being the narrowing down to two big groups, instead of everyone doing their own thing.

3-you're nitpicking and deflecting. also, that last line of this part seems hugely ironic.

4-but you acknowledge that you said wrong things. if you know that they're not right to say, why say them? especially on the internet, over text- you have even more ways of choosing your words before they come out of your mouth. you can't exactly just blurt Bane Shift out when you're posting to a forum, what you post is by nature what you want to be there.

and i suppose since we keep bringing up high school, i may as well point out that it's "your", not "you're" (in the phrase "You're reasoning is..."), though this is something one tends to learn long before highschool.

as well, my reasoning in this case is more an appeal to you to take the higher road than it is an attack- that post you quoted was, if i'm not very much mistaken, my first post in the thread. i don't speak for the rest of the community, nor do they speak for me. your inability to distinguish them from me, or to recognize half-decent advice, speaks volumes.

now i'll be the first to admit that i am not the nicest individual around (see KTCAOP), and that perhaps this post went wrong a couple places. but you can't *just* blame the other side here, and if you clean up your own act it makes it that much easier to get your point across or, if someone does continue to mess with you, flag them as a troll.

some people will hold grudges. but when you're calmly and reasonably discussing an issue and you start getting negative responses, if you continue to be calm and reasonable those guys will look like ******** instead of just part of the crowd.

that make sense?

edit #can'tstop#won'tstop

TeaNinja and Tarathil like this.
  2. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

Wow you really won't stop! I do all this on my phone and I assume you've heard of the great technological advancement called autocorrect (sarcasm since it's terrible more often than not). I find it funny that you even bring out ONE incorrectly spelled word when you can't even punctuate or capitalize properly yourself. Seems hypocritical to me.

Once again, you are missing the entire point. Go read the OP. Tell me what was so enticing about it to troll? Honestly, you're (is that good for you?) missing the point entirely. Go read the OP, which you apparently haven't, then read the first batch of responses, then my first reply, and continue reading. To even say I was being hostile in the first place is just plain absurd, especially when you are attempting to shift the blame on to me. I didn't start this. They did. I just finished it. They can't finish what they started, because they were in the wrong in the first place.

Seriously, Dagda, I have respect for a player like you, but what you're doing right now is quite pathetic. Stop making misinformed assumptions, because you know very well what assuming does.

Yes, what you're saying makes sense, but it would make even more sense if I was the one even deserving of this "lecture". I guess teenage angst is worse than ever.
    I tried taking the "high road" first, I implored them to post constructively, but I was met with even more trolling, because that's how this community is. That leads me to believe they are mainly teenagers with some sort of self righteous complex. I guesses what you're asking is for be to sit back and let them walk all over me with childish posts and remarks? What would help is to have distinguished players tell them to chill out. Still waiting for that to happen than have someone give some parental lecture as if they know best.

Good day, sir, and take care.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  3. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

1-Nope, yup, and it stood out. It's not that I can't type in a grammatically proper sense, it's that generally I don't feel the need to. I also generally don't bash on people for their high-school ways, so perhaps that has something to do with it.

2-So here's the thing- I'm becoming more and more reluctant to read the OP for what's quite possibly a rather silly reason. To me it seems that, were I to read the OP, I'd find a post filled with ideas, assumptions, maybe a few facts scattered around, and a bunch of wild emotion just running, well, wild. The immediate posters would most likely be both names you recognize and names that recognize you- people that by now have a pretty firm idea in their minds of who you are and what you do. They're used to you going hugely over the top. They see the emotion, on one level or another. They react to it. Then you, predictably, explode. And then you continue to allow this explosion to damage pretty much every other part of the thread, instead of containing it or not exploding in the first place.

I'm not trying to shift blame, I'm trying to get you to realize that things are rarely ever just one person's fault. You are allowing them to get at you, and you're causing a great deal of this by not thinking about it more instead of feeling about it (if that makes sense). You do have some control over the situation.

Having said that, no, it's neither ideal nor good (nor, to my mind, right) for people to go crazy over forums. It's not right for people to get into big flamewars. Those that kindle the fires aren't that much better but you cannot control them in any way beyond controlling yourself, which you seem reluctant to do.

3-I'm rather curious about where that respect comes from. Frankly, I don't remember you at all from when I played (and I went out of my way to learn most people). Are you just allowing the community hivemind to bias your opinion here or what?

Also, what assuming does? Creates the fabric of human civilization. Daily life is chock full of assumptions. A lot of them you don't even realize you make until you really think about it. The most common, I think, have to do with language (but I'm hardly an expert, this is just a guess).

4-Just because it's a wall of text doesn't make it a lecture. I tend to get rather wordy when I want to get a point across to ensure that I'm not too much misunderstood.

5-Sure.

What this puts me in mind of in general, though, is you know those posts in the LoL forums where some guy just got banned and wants to know why, and presents his Tribunal card, and he's being anywhere from ok to sorta borderline douchey before either a teammate blows up at him or something drastic happens in game, at which point he just goes full asshat?

And this guy can't understand why he got punished when it's shown repeatedly that he has a tendency to just fly straight off the handle?

That. That's what this reminds me of.

TeaNinja, Tarathil and BurnPyro like this.
  4. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Damage is a hard counter to Tough. Every faction has lots of options for damage.

5. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Looks like you don't know this guy well enough.

One or two sentences: Come on guys don't you think that X is OP?!

6. Sepulcher

Sepulcher I need me some PIE!

But wait, I thought the problem was that he was "impossible to kill", not his offensive output.

Your replies are very poor attempts at trolling. Try to make your arguments more cohesive and include more personal attacks. Complaining about Tough, then complaining about Unleash as if they're related isn't very believable.

7. BroWatchThis

Wow. His dmg plays a huge part in him being tough to kill. If he soaks up damage, then deals a lot of dmg to kill a champ and heal with lifedrinker, then yes it plays a massive part in the champ being hard to kill. A beater and a tank... you're wrong once again, and I tbought the devs were getting away from do-it-all champs. So ignorant.

Get out of here dude. You're not right. At all.

8. BroWatchThis

Wow yeah. You are right, you don't deserve respect. You are consistently missing the point and your view of humanity and assumptions is so wrong, it's just ridiculously mind-boggling.

You not reading the OP is your own damn fault. Therefore, your opinion on this matter has been negated.

Good day.

9. Sepulcher

So this has nothing to do with Tough and everything to do with your incompetency. Cool.

JazzMan1221 likes this.
  10. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Learn2play

11. BroWatchThis

Another grade A response! Still failing I see. Care to try again?

12. Sepulcher

Whatever you think I'm "trying" to do, you're doing a great job on your own.

13. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

Don't let them get to you, BroWatchThis! They're just meanies trying to rile you up.

Grr...

Nea likes this.
  14. Queegon

Queegon I need me some PIE!

9/10 Would read again.

I especially liked the part where people expose themselves to be idjits.

Nea likes this.
  15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

4 pages of no u

BroWatchThis likes this.
  16. BroWatchThis

That's exactly what I didn't want to happen. My apologies to the innocent bystanders.

17. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

I'm glad you've taken this opportunity to set your reputation aflame to the point where even if you have legitimate balance concerns they will be dismissed.

Good job, man!

18. BroWatchThis

Lol ok bud.

Take care.

19. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Posting in a BTW thread.

Tarathil likes this.
  20. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Your greatness supersedes that of MMRV or Prami, which I never thought was possible. Still a victory none the less.

Tarathil likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.