Transgender bathrooms

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by super71, Feb 21, 2017.

1. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Why do we need special treatment and bathroom priveliges for weirdos that want to dress up as the opposite sex? Mentally disturbed need therapy not a cheerleading support team. LGBT needs to drop the T and just be LGB. Being gay and lesbian I understand, but this whole issue about trans and gender pronouns just seems like a psychological disorder. Kind of annoying not knowing if the person you are on a date with the first time is actually a boy or a girl. It is easy when you can spot the adam's apple or the facial hair, but crap comon don't confuse people even more with this balogney.

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

In this case, it's a genetic thing. The point is biology is so not black and white as human morality and the idea that you are born X and stay X and there is nothing else is not supported by science.

Here is a BBC article on it, if you prefer that source:

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-34290981

3. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

they want the same bathroom priveledges as you nothing more, to be treated the same as any of the gender they identify as, and also as many sources of data and psychologists will back up:

FOR PEOPLE WITH GENDER DYSPHORIA GENDER REASIGNMENT SURGERY AND ACCEPTANCE IS THE THERAPY

you are literally stopping people from getting the help they need you ****.

4. Sokolov

Who is asking for special treatment? We just don't think they should be treated differently. Segregated bathrooms is actually what is special treatment for males vs females and I don't see you complaining about that.

Tweek516, Etherielin and Geressen like this.
  5. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

"they need treatment"
    "the treatment we found works best is letting them be the gender they identify as"
    "I HAVE CHANGED MY MIND!"

Tweek516, Etherielin and BurnPyro like this.
  6. Sokolov

Wait. THIS is your problem with the whole thing?

7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Seems to me he doesn't think transgender people need the right treatment, he just wants them to be repressed so he does not accidentally do something he finds 'icky'

8. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Policies that encourage individuals with gender dysphoria to get gender re assignment surgery is morally wrong, because once you do something like that and you want to go back most of the time it is not possible. Sokolov just because you can bring up some minority story of some faux hermaphrodites doesen't mean it is possible to change your boy chromosomes into girl chromosomes.

9. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Lol no this is not my problem. I only bring it up because I have known people that were tricked into an online date with some guy who was transitioning into a women. With enough hormones it can become difficult to tell until you see some thing that doesen't fit with the profile you are being presented. Kind of a waste of time if you are trying to find a relationship with a woman and you end up buying dinner for some dude with gender dysphoria who pumped his body full of woman hormones and is getting ready to remove his manhood. All I am saying is stop promoting this transgender reassignmen surgery, gender pronoun narrative that tells people they can be a boy or a girl and what they were born with doesen't matter. Individuals with gender dysphoria who join online dating sites need to be honest and say " Hi my name is Bill but for now I want to pretend to be Jill and I need some kinky guy who is into dating people like me to take me out on the town."

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  10. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Policies that instead encourage individuals to be so unhappy that they commit suicide are morally worse than one that allows them to have a chance at happiness but only after being looked at by psychologists so that they don't take a rash decision to get surgery.

11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

and untill every single one of them is honest you will punish all of them and drive many of them to be sexually assaulted and to suicide?

in a way that does not adress your perceived slight from a few of them?

what kind of a monster are you?

Etherielin likes this.
  12. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Uh no lol. Just be honest with people you are going to date online. When you encourage these people they actually think they are a woman when they are a man or vice versa. It confuses people.

13. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

A policy that requires individuals with gender dysphoria to get gender reassignment surgery would be morally wrong. I could even see that a policy encouraging it is morally wrong. I've seen neither policy enacted. A policy that prevents someone from choosing gender reassignment surgery is just as wrong. Policy that allows an individual to choose is the best option in my opinion.

14. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

exactly, then when the person looks like a woman allow her to use the womans restroom and so not be unhappy or get sexually assaulted and prevent her from comitting suicide lowering the suicide rate.

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You are out of your mind.

Plain simple. Out of your mind.

16. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Just wanted to say that two of the girls in germanys next top model use to be guys and they are Hot as Firk... (my GF makes me wach it with her some times)

If you were dating a girl for 3 years and then all of a sudden she tells you, "hey I think we are close enough to tell eachother everything now... i use to be a guy." Would you break up with her?

17. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

_Germany_s_next_Topmodel_-Pari_war_mal_ein_Mann-90d057309659e155.jpg

Etherielin likes this.
  18. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

There has never been a policy requiring surgery. Yes there are many organizations out there encouraging these people to be a woman when they are a man or man when they are a woman instead of getting them professional psychological help. When I say policy I dont mean law I mean social policies of groups. These social policies end up motivating these people to get surgery. The result you get when you use these "social policies" to "encourage" and "motivate" people with gender dysphoria are individuals that end up opting to surgically alter themselves that is 1. irreversible, 2. will cause permanent psychological damage later when these people discover that they are not what they think they are, 3. creating a generation of people who no longer have any kind of gender identity or have a confusion of their identity. Television shows are beginning to promote these social policies and I believe they are wrong.

To conclude I believe we should accept these people with love and kindness and direct them to the nearest psychologist not a unisex bathroom or a gender reassignment surgery room. I believe many are on the right track but they are accepting and promoting a disorder instead of accepting them and giving them help.

19. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I would. I was never given the chance to find out who this person really was. I would feel deceived. I would remain friends with this person if possible, but I wouldn't feel comfortable having a relationship with someone who changed their gender. The natural outgrowth of love with an individual is reproduction and forming a lasting bond to ensure your offspring will have a stable mother and father to lead and guide their children. Being sexually attractive and changing your male parts to female parts doesen't make it ok. I would be unable to procreate with this person if we wanted to produce children seeing as they are not really a woman and do not naturally menstruate or have uterus or produce eggs. Starting a family the biological way is important to people and this new movement will confuse and upset alot of men who are being deceived. That is wonderful that this person has found happiness in what they are doing, but what about all the men out there that want to procreate and have children the natural way? What are they supposed to think when all these men are transforming themselves into women and are unable to have a family? Do you know how awkward this issue is to people? Not to mention it is morally deceptive on so many levels and damaging to all parties involved.

20. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Aah if that is your only quarrel with not wanting to be with a trans than i misunderstood. I was under the impression you would not want to be with a trans only because of the fact that they once were a man and nothing else botherd you. Is my misunderstanding. I apologize.

I do see how wanting to have kids with your own genetics would be a wish.