Tree spider

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by GemmaXylia, Mar 27, 2014.

1. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Is 76 Nora and brings a tonne to the table... Why does no one run him?

2. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

I was running 2x him forever... he's great. I just got bored and decided to run other stuff... but he's great.

3. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

its fun running 2x tree spider and 2x warspirit, you can still damage cocooned champs.

4. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

That's what I was doing... got a lot of hate for it, too.

5. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

If you cocoon something and then dispel it (with flamemage) you gain the buffs intantly, if you notice the low colldown on cocoon, you'll realize that you can spam those buffs pretty freely. Another good combo is cocoon + catharsis bloom for stalling and healing.

dsjtheman likes this.
  6. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Tree Spider + Butterfly Wings all day! Cast Wings on the opposing champ, and it procs Tree Spider's Windstriker. Same thing works for Oakthumper.

7. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

Tree spider+Dispel is OP. You can Cocon your champ and dispel in this turn so you get instant buff. Or you can cocon enemy and suround him and in next your turn dispel him and kill. But KF is lack of dispel , you need to run split . Best for split is SL doctor can mutate and dispel.

8. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Cleansing flame is a source of dispel mate, Flamemage has it.

9. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

I tend to run themes and he/she/it doesn't really fit into any of them, h/s/i's not a beast and doesn't have a class so i'm stuck with what to do with h/s/i's.

10. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

yeah but i dont like to deal dmg to my champs , this can work on enemy.

11. GabrielQ

It doesn't damage cocooned champions.

uaChakra likes this.
  12. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

nice , thx for info.

13. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I'm hoping KF gets more Arthropods at some point. More bugs would really make the Tree Spider shine!

14. GabrielQ

As we are discussing the matter of no synergy, don't you think that it could be nice if arthropods were tied to plants or treefolks in a way similar to the bond between jakeis and elementals with endless devotion?
    Could be brainstorm a little?
    Something like "when this champion is within 5 spaces of a treefolk, it gains a rank of tunnel vegetation for each friendly arthropod"
    This would require more development to become viable, but I can't think of a nice idea

Tarathil and dsjtheman like this.
  15. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

I really like this idea. Could gain guarded:x

GabrielQ likes this.
  16. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Well, it would be nice if at least Tireless Harvester had more to do with Treefolk, given it's lore.

Also, if you think tree/arthropod synergy is neat, check out this idea...

17. GabrielQ

Actually, vengeful only triggers from real champions, but the idea is cool.