Trump: Dawn of the 3rd Party

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DarkJello, Dec 8, 2015.

1. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Structure of academia is very good, at the post secondary level, IMO.

2. DarkJello

Here is Trump's proposal r/t new Muslim immigrants:

"...a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on.”

Very good article. My fav paragraph follows:

If we continue mindlessly treating Islam as if it were merely a religion, if we continue ignoring the salient differences between constitutional and sharia principles — thoughtlessly assuming these antithetical systems are compatible — we will never have a sensible immigration policy.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/428201/donald-trump-muslim-immigration-policy-discussion

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Fairly certain they'll vote against the guy saying they shouldnt be allowed in the country

BurnPyro and doubtofbuddha like this.
  4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

This stuff kind of confuses me. The only sources I have seen in support of these "no go" zones and such is either in things like the Daily Express (right wing tabloids) or other conservative blogs, usually solely with unsourced anecdotal evidence. Virtually no mainstream media carries this narrative. One would not be surprised to be met by "See? Left wing media bias" but even Fox News apologized when someone they had on air talked about the existence of such zones with the following:

"“There is no formal designation of these zones in [France or the United Kingdom] and no credible information to support the assertion there are specific areas in these countries that exclude individuals based solely on their religion," Fox Report anchor Julie Banderas said in one of the apologies."

And even the person who made the claims on air has since retracted those comments.

So is Fox News also part of the leftwing mainstream media conspiracy in suppressing this truth?

~

More generally, there are areas in most major cities and countries where it's more dangerous for police or certain groups of people, and I am not sure police precautions in certain areas qualify as proof of anything.

BurnPyro likes this.
  5. DarkJello

Back in the day, priests anointed the king and were handsomely rewarded. They, and only they, were allowed to interpret God's word. The Guttenberg Press and separation of church and state destroyed that long con.

Until very recently, the media decided who could and who could not win high political office. The vast majority of "news" was filtered by them before we the people could partake. The internet revolution has made it easier than ever to separate propagandists from actual news.

DJT does not need to be anointed by the priests to earn high office.

Take the red pill, and then analyze the following with an open mind:

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Are you using this rhetoric to intentionally associate with places like r/TheRedPill and MRA groups, or is that coincidental?

7. DarkJello

"...no formal designation of these zones..."

Many in Fox News are part of the mainstream media. They are statists. They carry water for big gvt and big business. And they get paid a fortune doing so. I have been explaining for many months why the rank and file voters--myself included--are part of the insurgency against the GOP and against Dem politicians. That has been my top theme within Off Topic the entire time. Most conservatives and independents and tea partiers and libertarians have unified to oppose the statists.

8. Sokolov

It's a matrix reference. He believes that those who don't see the world as he does is being fooled, and we should choose reality (the red pill) instead of continuing to be deceived (the blue pill).

9. DarkJello

It is a Matrix (movie) reference. I have never heard of the groups u mentioned.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I know that it's a Matrix reference: that's where the other loose groups took it from.

Thanks for the reply.

DarkJello likes this.
  11. Sokolov

Thus why I added the particular usage in this case.

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yeah, I understood both what he might have been with or without the explicit reference intended, don't worry; I just wanted his clarification.

13. Sokolov

All I know is your stances seem more based on "does the source confirm my world view" more so than anything, and often times you are fine with unsourced/badly sourced information and see them as truth, while other times wanting and demanding links and sources even if they are part of the mainstream media. So I am pretty confused as to what criteria you use to judge whether a source (mainstream or otherwise) is credible other than "Do I believe it?"

PurpleTop likes this.
  14. DarkJello

I hope more people will see the world as it is. And I hope I will ever be vigilant, as well.

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Alrighty, that's fine. As a heads up, then, saying "take the red pill" -- especially when tied to a pro-Western, anti-establishment Libertarian perspective, can come across as associated with a particular mixture of other ideas as well. In my experience, it has additional, highly negative connotations, so if some other people react negatively to using that phrase, that might be why.

16. Sokolov

I have to admit I don't really understand the entire thing around /r/TheRedPill and the hatred of "White Knights" and "beta males."

It also seems like there's a big overlap between this group and /r/KotakuInAction.

I am not sure it's "negative" per se... though I am sure mainstream media would consider them as such. And while I sympathize and am concerned about some of the issues they bring up, the rhetoric and positions often seem very extreme and divisive in a "you are either with us or against us" kind of way.

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I view it highly negatively, and know other people who do as well. No words or phrases have negative connotation in the abstract -- nothing is negative per se. I'm talking about specific personal experience here.

18. Sokolov

I guess I mean that in this case I think it's less clear-cut than say, the term "****." Especially since I think the average person wouldn't know what TRP means.

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Its reach as a term with that particular connotation is indeed limited to a moderate-to-small population.

20. DarkJello

Should I base my stances on things I believe to be a lie?

I always want links and sources, and I provide them frequently. My preference is to find and share the most precise info possible. It is your "allies", sadly, that rarely if ever are held to the same standard. To your credit, you are good at making salient points and backing them up with reputable links/references/citations.

Not everyone in the media is a bad actor. I point out the logical, rational, objective types the most often. But, for proper context, one must consistently dive into the scrum to highlight examples of the absolute silliness that passes for journalism in most quarters.

I have > 15 years in the trenches as a medical professional seeing the nitty gritty details of many 1000s of my fellow human beings' lives. And my opinion on health and happiness and gvt dependence and the path to success is firmly rooted in that reality. Finally, I share a small % here of the total # of articles and vids that I eval.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015