UD range unit review

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by chickenpox2, Sep 6, 2014.

?

Which champion would you like to change and comment why?

1. Seeker of the blood

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Goblin Archer

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

has anyone tried a bok bg yet? I just noticed that they are pretty good right now if you bother to make a whole bg with them (minus bok raider cuz they suck compared to almighty nefari dragon). Bok have a good bit of psuedo range with enforcer & warden. Probably not the most hard hitting UD bg, but with so many wings it can make up for it in map mobility and it's alright range, plus the basic chicks seem cheap.

2. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

so are you saying that deep elves have one set of abilities bok have one set of abilities and other lower demons types diffrent racial abilities instead of a general ability for all demons ?

3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

4. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

Ok, guys, cut it with "Boon of the Demon" stuff. I don't want it. People is not paying attention to it. It simply is just a lazy idea which will cause a lot of BAW from pansy prots for years until it gets messed up like Meowss or Goblin racial abbilities. If people gets used to it, it would be good. Having almost ALL FW have Fearless and Inmunity: Desease by default is acceptable for most people already.

I mean abbilities like the ones in Masochism and Deep Elf Priestess. You know, if you are a "demon" you get damage and AP; if you are not, you can still get your ass busted for your friends. If you are a demon, come'er big boy; if not, walk, you female dog!

I think it's easier than trying to copy what they did to Dwarves, Paladins, and Barbarians. Just make spells and abbilities which, as an additional effect, grants benefits if the affected champs are demons.

5. chickenpox2

what types of spells are you thinking of for demons any ideas so i can understand what your suggesting?

6. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

I think he means how we have maschonsim and demonshield ect.

7. MakarovJAC

Man, I have exposed plenty of good examples, but I'll list them and how do they interact with demons:

A:

Demon Shield: Equippable only to a demon. Grants inmunity against most ranged attacks and increases damage.
    Blade of the Snake: Equippable only to a demon. Grants additional 7 damage to all melee attacks.
    Scepter of Onus: Equippable only to a demon. Increases all melee attacks by a 25%.
    Masochism: Unit under the effect of it will receive ALL damage dealt to allies. If it is a demon, recieves a damage and AP bonus for the damage dealt.
    Acrid Smoke: All non-demon units within the affected are are Blinded.
    Beackon Demon: Applicable only to demons.
    Rain of Blood: Demons (plus a few other races) within the affected area receive a damage bonus. Non-demons (and other applicable races) receives a debuff and DoT.
    Altar of Votaev: Upon friendly death, demons have their cooldown reduced.
    Griefbearer's Fountain: Grants damage bonus to ALL demons (and a few other races). Healing is for demons (and a few other races) only.
    Globe of Deception: Healing only to demons (and a few other aplicable races).
    Bleed theme: Healing only to demons (and a few other races).

Contrary to A:

Brand of Brutality: Applicable to ALL races. Affected unit is deat twice melee in exchange for dealing twice melee damage.
    Eye for an Eye: Applicable to ALL races. Affected unit is blinded until Cleansed for making an enemy unit blinded until Cleansed.
    Sacrifice: Applicable to ALL races. Champion dies. Owner receives 80% of its nora cost.
    Exile: Applicable to ALL races. Opponent owns affected champion. Friendlies receives Loyalty.
    Avenging Flame: Upon death of affected champion, an enemy champion is dealt damage, and receives debuff, and DoT.
    Retribution: Applicable to all races. Affected champion is destroyed, and enemy champion is dealt high damage.
    Minstorm: Applicable to all races. All friendlies are dealt damage. Then enemy champion is dealt damage equal to the total damage dealt.
    Helm of Chaos: Applicable to all races. Equipped champion receives inmunity to all damage, but can't attack Shrines/avatars, and is dealt DoT.

Similar to A:

Tinder Box: If equiped champion meets requirements, it is granted additional benefits.
    Grimlic' Treachery: Damage is increased by a non-demon racial. Demons are unaffected by it.
    Arthropod Frenzy: All spiders are granted a bonus.
    Fire theme: All, if not most of fire champions, are unaffected by Fire damage. Or are granted a benefit from it.

Exceptions to A:

Mandate from Sheoul: Applicable to all races. Champion receives strong equipment, plus Hunt: hero and Quest. Drawback is removable.
    Dark Pact: Applicable to all races. Champion is granted inmunity against enemy spell for once.
    Superiority: Applicable to all races. Champions which doesn't share race with affected champions are dealt damage.
    Widowmaker: Applicable to all races. Equipped champion receives a bonus attack.
    Murder: Applicable to all races. Equipped champion receives several bonuses.
    Bane Shift: Applicable to all races. Affected champion is cleansed every turn and cleansed debuff are applied to enemy champion.

TL;DR: Instead of creating more racial BS, we just play with the current racials avialable to us, by creating spells and abbilities which affects only existing racials with big bonuses. Or balance the big bonuses avialable for averyone with a high-drawback drawback. With a few spots open for runes which ignore the rule, but with a reduced effectivity compared to runes sticking to the rule (E.G. Damage dealt by Superiority can't match damage dealth by Grimlic's Treachery, or Retribution)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
    Leadrz likes this.
  8. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

Bok theme is f*ckin awesome btw guys

precision from wardens helps make use of eye for an eye (and does baneshift allow for you to double the blinding if you use it on her?). Then with all the ranged from both wardens 2 enforcers, then 2 gatekeepers? it's a good harassment before a push. Plus the gatekeepers will gain bonus damage from price of victory. Haven't used unhinged bok much but korona and voidbok are cool. Screw the other two hekatians for now, nefari dragons and vothsair reaver (with shield throw & fireblasts).

WHO SAID WE DON'T HAVE RANGED?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  9. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Rain of Blood actually effects only Vampyres, not Demons at all (unless the demon has Bleed or Life Siphon).

10. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

which sucks, it being a UD spell.

11. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

It's made for Bleed decks, which are supposed to have Bleed champions, instead of for UD as a whole.
    If anything, it shouldn't affect a race at all, just units with Bleed and Blood Magic.

Why does it cause Charred, though? Is the blood on fire?
    Maybe there should be a champion that sets blood on fire (dealing damage to nearby bloodied champions and igniting blood balls for aoe damage)

12. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

bloodsplosion of fire and more blood.

but really, it doesn't make sense. Maybe the rain just burns like acid or something?

13. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

That would be Scoured, wouldn't it?
    Scoured would be overall better due to the -1 defense.

14. MakarovJAC

15. chickenpox2

this why UD Spells and quips really need to be redone again their spell don't make sense
    also i would rather have champions with that ability like precision or distract , iron will , fearless rather than use equip or spells and waste 20-30 nora on one rune (thats the problem with UD they have lack champions with abilities )
    instead of trying to make UD more OP try to make UD more survivable that way people will actually start to use demons agains (without any themes) i notice main problem with UD is that they have high CD and very limited bleed options and reaching bloodballs is pain because its on other side of opponent

PS
    If i were to use spells that would give absorb to champions for 3 turns or something like that rather than use demonshield

16. ROFL i run cowards reach just for that purpose

17. relocate blood OP. unit one moves up deploys grief fountain pops blood seeker relocates to farthest blood and runs up 8 spaces to capture a font i had no other hope of getting that turn

18. i never thought of that its a much better idea than running cowards reach