Ugh...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sokolov, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I 'self identify' as Socrates. Who are you to say I cant? oops, there I go asking questions again.

2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

okay guys so while I do not agree we should totally charge Ragic for not worshipping the town gods and being a bad influence on youth after wich he will drink from a cup filled with extract of hemlock. he will then die of its poisonous effects.

3. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

You keep re-posting that, are you trying to indoctrinate us? :p

DarkJello and BurnPyro like this.
  4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

we prefer the term deprogramming, of course we are just amateurs but hey look at DJ, he had a run where he didn't post molycult vids for like 1 1/2 months. so we must be doing something right.

on topic:

5. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Because that would be "worse." Or rather, giving us/creating us with Free Will, is, in my view (and I believe God's view), the entire point.

Without that, would it be Creating Life, or would it be playing with a dollhouse? Albeit a really, really fancy dollhouse.

DarkJello likes this.
  6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I don't believe in free will. Maybe that's the problem.

Dagda likes this.
  7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

here's how delusional people see stuff

8. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I'm sure you would. Doesn't mean it's right.

"You must believe in only this way."

Never felt right, no matter who was saying it.

DarkJello likes this.
  9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

nono, you must believe whatever you want,based on your criteria, not on whatever they told you to believe since childhood.

still leaves a lot of people that have dumb criteria but that's why you need to teach logic skills in school. ( strangely religious/right wing groups are opposed to this)

10. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Probably.

11. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

So long as I also accept that all religion is comparable to indoctrination? :p

Then again, I already believe things based on my own criteria, information, and experiences. I'm no great respecter of Religions.

However, I also think that Religions and belief in God or gods or what have you is not the same thing. Even belief in the Bible, or other Religious tools and writings, is not the same as belief in that Religion.

The fact is though, that other than via threats*, most people don't follow a Religion unless they've come to accept it, and that is certainly subject to change. That's not "indoctrination" so much as simply teachings that one can accept or reject (and many, many people have rejected those teachings for whatever reason even having grown up in such an environment). At least no more so than being "indoctrinated" as an Atheist (actual Atheism mind, not necessarily Agnosticism, but just my thinking).

*(Even then, they might follow the public practices of that Religion, but likely don't Believe in that Religion. Conversion "by the sword" is utterly pointless in my view, as anything but an excuse to try and extend a person/groups ruler-ship over others.)

DarkJello likes this.
  12. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Though that said The Book of Lies is not a great book. Don't know about the one you specifically mentioned but, yeah, some books can be judged by their cover/title.

13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I'm not threatening you or anyone else, I'm simply calling a lot of people stupid all at once for somehow thinking something so utterly outside the realm of possibility.

I mean I olmost got killed by a tree once, and the sun not being actively out to kill us is exactly what it wants us to think but nobody believes either of those when I tell them so clearly everyone is wrong.

14. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Never said you were. That was more me taking the opportunity to insult Jihadism and similar practices.

In your opinion. Feel free to call people stupid if you wish, but don't expect them to adopt your way of thinking simply by your insistence that you're right and everyone with a different view or opinion or experience is therefore wrong.

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

no, i said OUTSIDE the realm of POSSIBILITY.

there are no oppinions involved there.

16. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

What is possible?

17. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

the things that are not impossible.

18. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

What is impossible?

19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

followup question; what is impossible; error: query parameters unknown.
    I typed that up there like half an hour ago, luckily it was saved and too lazy to copy paste it here so meh.

ask the right questions doofus.

20. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

I know you be, most likely, joking... but "Lucifer for death" is much more accurate. Either way, have a groovy day/week/month/year/life.