Unlimited free relics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OriginalG1, May 16, 2014.

1. Squama

Squama I need me some PIE!

I think only real champions should contest (and capture) fonts. Then the main problem of free relics will be solved, and champions that deploy them could be priced correctly depending on how much powerful is the relic itself.

I think this should be an easy change (a quite big one, yes, but easy) with very few cons.

2. Taylor

Taylor I need me some PIE!

Allot of the "free" relics aren't worth there actual nora cost. However I reckon capping them would be nice. Every game I play privateer captain I deploy his nora cost in relics + more. But for like flash bang, it isn't worth the nora it's cost.

3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

He's not wrong. Maybe in lower ranks you get away with playing runes like this but it's pretty far down on the list of equipment or nonchamp runes ranked from best to worst.

Also down the list when considering cost/tempo hit to effect or utilization.

SPiEkY likes this.
  4. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Its a terrible rune and nobody of repute runs it.

5. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

You mean people that run broken runes like blooms and occuli don't run it?

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Nope, if they're running blooms and occuli they're running KF. If they're doing a KF/FS split, there is a lot of other stuff that is more important to fit in the BG.

7. Boozha

No, people who want to win a game against someone worth his salt don't. Seriously, if you want to do stealth theme, go with ColK.

8. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

mixed meta.png
    I may or may not be feeling bad right now.

But yeah, the idea of removing the ability to stealth from trapper is crazy, reduce his damage, his speed, or remove deploy flash bang, but when I read that people want to remove the synergetic part of the runes I can only hope very hard that nobody is paying attention.

9. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

- Marsh Warden, Revolting Fentek, Darkmarsh Helm
    + Darkmarsh Concealer, Marsh Troll, Reverberating Blast

10. GabrielQ

nope.

11. TheNidhogg

-Bad
    +Gud

?

12. GabrielQ

I still believe in synergy.

13. Boozha

Doesn't make Fentek or Warden any better though ...

14. TheNidhogg

You can remove Arcanist instead of Warden then

15. GabrielQ

Yes it does, that's the point.

I'm going to make a thread to discuss the bg later.

16. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

darklord48 just reminded me about the propagating relics. The propagated relics should be in the running for summon relics that can not contest.

thoughts based on ideas from reading responses:
    What if deploying relics was a charged base ability. (Simalure to charge magic bomb or charge attack)
    What if deploying any font contesting relic that can deployed by a champion cost 8 nora?
    What about giving ranks of deploy "X" relic. (Rank 1/one relic, Rank 2/two relics)
    What if champion deployed relics were summoned and could not contest the font.

I like the charge base relic deployment ability & the ranks or deploy relic best.
    (trying to stay on topic)

17. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Oyo was running darkmarsh helm consistently in limited league for quite a while just before DOGs took over. Everybody's wrong.

18. TheNidhogg

Lol, I can run elven sky marshal in the top 10 but it doesn't make it good

19. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Oyo's closer to my skill level than yours though.

In a faction with stealth support but little champ augmentation, it's a quicken + precision (that considers defense/tough once and that has added utility in the next turns) for +10 nora. Not meta, but it's not playing with a handicap either.

e: my bad, +5 nora.

Last edited: May 31, 2014
    GabrielQ likes this.
  20. GabrielQ

that's it, assasinate also ignores defense, so it counters ToV spam also.