Upcoming FW faction bonus and boon Change Pre-Discussion

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by yobanchi, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

And then we can buff disease to be a theme.If poison is a theme,i dont see why disease cant be a theme.

2. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

If i'm not mistaken your asking for 12 Nora back a turn in full faction? This scares me

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Up to, if the opponent has destroyed 2 real deployed champions in the previous turn. That's a big "if." Perhaps it would be better re-tooled as 5/2, but the contingent quality keeps it out of obviously broken.

4. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

o ok. Thnxs for clarifying

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

@Sokolov What are your thoughts in the current suggestion? Would this be workable or too powerful? Too complicated? Would help to have a dev opinion as a measuring stick.

TeaScholar likes this.
  6. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

What about witches we not going to bother about them yobs?
    I was thinking they could have elsari covern as their racial

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Witches don't have boon right now, and they already do have Coven on most of them, but because of how the ability works, it would be ridiculous to have it on all of them.

Netherzen likes this.
  8. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Yeah this really isn't the thread to talk about witches that specifically. You nay want to try the boon/theme thread although as stated the majority of witches don't have boon.

9. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

sok has made it clear previously that he doesn't support the idea of racial abilities (ie all of X race gets Y ability). It was back during discussion of the vampire theme and if life siphon was their racial. He likes the idea of themed abilities which don't necessarily have to be on every champ of a theme.

my feeling is that you should have both. racial abilities add flavor and continuity to champs, but racial abilities shouldn't be the 'theme enablers'. for example skeletons could all have bloodless but that's hardly something that holds the theme together. boost skeleton (and like effects) are the theme enablers, but you wouldn't want boost skeleton on every skeleton.

10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

one day fw won't be a joke of a faction. one day...

11. Baalzamon

Baalzamon I need me some PIE!

I think that there should be no cost for a racial ability and they should not do multiple things. They should be just a straight up ability that does a specific thing such as in this discussion, Undead should have Disease Immunity and I do not really care that much about Boon of the Dead. Of course the problem is making sure that racial abilities are not too powerful.

12. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

sp bonus isn't capped.

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Er, not really sure to what this is in reference?

14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

woffleet

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Ohhh, ok. Was just confused because you quoted my post.

16. jigz2009

jigz2009 The King of Potatoes

damn I just came back from an assignment in the middle of an oil platform. what did I missed? anything new in FW? :D

17. jigz2009

jigz2009 The King of Potatoes

Ragic = Burnypyro ??? watdu... ( O . O )

18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

fw is currently the worst faction in the game. It is really bad.

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Aight, lets try to not turn this thread into a bickering contest.

I think the 2/1, 2/1, 6/3 bonus looks solid, but it would be great to have more feedback from devs on this, or at least more input some somewhere. Maybe it needs to be 1/1 conceals, 2/1 reveals, 4/2 nora?

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Do you think fw will be strong enough after getting a better faction bonus? A lot of its champs seem sandbagged pretty hard and overcosted. I think champs like dark knight or the fw hero or many of the high nora cost exo/legend could use cost reductions.