Update would be nice.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xxLordQxx, Jan 5, 2017.

1. xxLordQxx

xxLordQxx I need me some PIE!

WTF? Can you at least make an announcement when something is banned or changes are made? I get the need to change things but you need to get that information should flow both ways. I come back to from work to grab a game and now I cant even use my BG because of one rune?! Not that big of deal but I cant find anywhere stating what the hell has been banned/changed/nerfed.

Off to piss away my time somewhere else........

2. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

The cactuar crate thread has a list of banned runes in the notices section of the first page.

The BE ban was a surprise to me too, this is the first I've heard of it. Not too surprising though, considering how much people were complaining about it.

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

@Senshu jeez man you have one job come on

4. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

All the greens need to do is make a status post, those usually last a day and are visible right when opening the forums.

Not sure when this was put up but Faultbreaker getting Throw Boulder is nice...just to prove the point that edits don't send out notifications.

Sucks to have the time and expect to play a game but not be able to , hope that doesn't happen again @xxLordQxx

Etherielin and xxLordQxx like this.
  5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

This is not in yet.

~

When something is banned, I announce it in the discussion thread where it is being discussed, in the Cactuar Crate stickied thread, as well as in-game itself in a broadcast message. In the future I will also make an additional stickied thread.

6. Sokolov

He has many jobs.

7. xxLordQxx

Thanks Sok. I was a little pissed I couldnt play tonight. But I will get over it. Not saying I agree at all with this random insta ban stuff...but at least give me a thread to curse at you in.

8. Sokolov

If I could, I'd make a pop up appear in game when people first login, but that's not a feature we have.

Etherielin, TeaNinja and aseryen like this.
  9. Sokolov

I wouldn't call this was random or insta. I let it go for several weeks and decided to ban it recently to get better feedback on the rest of UD, rather than just straight nerfing everything being complained about, because it's difficult to parse what is BE-related or actually a problem without BE.

DiCEM0nEY, Fentum, Etherielin and 5 others like this.
  10. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Didn't mean to make it seem like this was active, I just noticed this when looking at the Crate. I need to get in the habit of checking it every couples days.

11. xxLordQxx

Fair enough. Simple solution appears to be making homing sense only work if the champ is friendly, increase BE to 35 and reduce reflexes/evasive to rank 1. People are always going to have a problem with giving UD mobility. They hated priestess, they hated swap on goblin, they hated anything that made UD worth playing. Its a community thing. But what they dont realize is the mediocre HP at best and lack of ranged units(by design) and no efficient way of closing gaps. See the community likes factions they know they can counter easy or have easy answer to. The moment they are challenged all hell breaks loose.

12. Sokolov

That's actually one of the more involved suggestions because now you are changing 2 different abilities AND it will have collateral damage on a lot of runes.

Etherielin and xxLordQxx like this.
  13. xxLordQxx

Lol or you can stop getting butt hurt about comments made in the forums that for one reason or another really bother you. Thanks for the obvious suggestion....phew just in time. Not sure how I would of played with out the idea. You more than likely missed the sarcasm like you missed the point about the changes.

14. xxLordQxx

The change to homing sense seems sensible from the stories I heard earlier using it to bounce people across a font with fiery ambush lol. However as fun as that sounds....I could see the issue one might have. Cant you create the evasive and reflexes rank 1 as part of the spell and remove portal dancer?

15. xxLordQxx

Bahahaha! Take it deep!

16. Whiris

Whiris The King of Potatoes

You don't necessarily have to change the ability itself; just add a clause to the spell that only grants Homing Sense if target is friendly.

Portal Dancer gives the defensive abilities only after the champion relocates, so it plays out differently if the spell gave Evasive and Reflexes straight up. One solution would be to make Portal Dancer into multiple ranks, which also shouldn't cause too much collateral on other champions.

17. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Ooh time to play some ranked again.

18. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Is that feature added to the new client?

19. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

It would be kool if u guys finally used the log in page's messeage board. .

links to specific updates,
    tourney announcements(when we had em)
    etc...
    like a ghost town
    same message for 3 months , every 3 months

20. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

The login page's message board? You still go to poxnora.com?