Vile Vial of Virulence

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by JazzMan1221, Nov 21, 2016.

1. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Vile Vial of Virulence

Flavor Text: A creative concoction of Xulos's most bountiful buboes and pestilent pusses, victims of the vile vial of virulence are left hideously harmed, massively mutilated, and extraordinarily eager for some sympathetic soul to soon stop this awful alliterative abomination.

Type: Equipment
    Faction: Forsaken Wastes
    Nora Cost: 35

Effect: Equipped friendly champion gains Death Nova: Disease 2, Death Nova: Poison 2, and Death Nova: Acid 2. Equipped non-Zombie enemy champion is Decaying, Defiled, and Plagued (this champion will spawn a Festering Corpse under your control when it dies).

A somewhat different style of equipment that only takes effect after the equipped champion is destroyed. Typical of the FW playstyle it is rather backloaded, but the power it offers is undeniable. Equip it on a friendly unit for a huge burst of damage on-death. Or equip it on the enemy for a quick Festering Corpse to help snowball the advantage in your favor.

Pixyrus likes this.
  2. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

+ Cool name and description
    - Name and description don't feel connected to the actual rune effects ( to me at least)
    - Seems extremely good for its cost. For one rune slot and 35 nora you get 24 damage in three damage types in aoe2, or what is effectively a spot swarm. This would be 2x auto in every FW and split FW deck. I'd say it's worth at least 50 nora, maybe as high as 60. It's like corpse pile, but with added versatility.

3. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

40-45 nora at most I think.

Cool idea, though maybe remove the Decaying part? And it doesn't have to be a non-zombie (zombies can swarm zombies, so yeah). Think of it as "stealing the enemies zombies for yourself".
    If you want to keep the cost down, you could add Warding to its effects (at least on the enemy equip). That way it's harder to insta-kill the champion. Oh, and Pariah too.