Votaev, Ferryman of Sheoul

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Dwlr, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

I didn't want to hi-jack the other Votaev thread as I had a different direction for Votaev in mind.

Votaev, Ferryman of Sheoul
    Faction: Underdepths
    Race: Demon, Spirit
    Classes: Demi-God, Wizard
    Size: 1x1
    Rarity: Legendary
    Artwork: Votaev and his ferry ran aground with Votaev pointing with his staff/oar while a demon disembarks.
    Description: Modified description of Votaev's Grasp including a quote from Votaev telling the demon to return to Upper Shoal.
    Nora Cost: 82-85 base

Damage: 0
    Speed: 6
    Range: 4-5
    Defense: 2
    HP: 40

Champion Abilties
    Attack: Psychic
    Hero
    Regal Presence
    Fire Eater
    Dread

Sheoul's Guide - When target friendly Demon champion is destroyed, a copy of it is summoned under your control in the closest friendly deployment zone with 50% HP, Healing Deficiency, Pariah and is Wandering for 2 turns.
    Cooldown: 5
    AP Cost: 5

Upgrade Path 1: Cleansing Flame *Default*, Pawn, Corruption
    Upgrade Path 2: Immortal *Default*, Warding, Soul Siphon

The model I used for quality of the rune was Princess Ctharia since I can't see Votaev as anything other than a Hero and Princess Ctharia was an unanswered Hero for all the other factions. The proposed signature ability is designed to be a modified Votaev's Grasp which ofcourse shares the namesake of the rune and thus should make sense lore-wise. Intended to be a support rune, upgrades are intended to allow further support than it has base, more survivability to keep it on the field since it's fairly costly to deploy, or allow it to be used offensively so it's a more traditional UD rune on a model that is somewhat shared with Imp Vixen of weak (relatively) champ that grows in strength and survivability over time.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  2. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

It's just sort of a mix of Votaev's Grasp and Coven Claw. I changing it to demon only just because it makes more sense with the text on Altar of Votaev. I'm not sure something like it would work as a racial per say, a new theme around Votaev sounds nice, but UD are pretty much just all demons breaking apart for Arthropods and Beasts slightly, Bok as is are just tied together by a loose blood theme, so I'm not sure Lower Demons would be deserving of a racial considering they're still just demon like the current Bok and would require all new runes to create a theme from scratch.