Weekend Tourney - Please change to 8-man

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ProR2D2, Dec 7, 2015.

1. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

Hi
    I've been "suspecting" of people alting in tourney. Specially because how easy it is to make 2-3 alts, then queue with them at the same time on different pcs, then insta-surrender and get a free legend/exo every 3 minutes.
    This Weekend tourney, winning ONE game granted you an exotic, which is too high considering many people surrender at start when they face a higher ranked opponent. Even the tourney before this one (1st place wins exo, 2nd place rare), I won 17 exos out of 20 tries.

Change to 8-man Tourney Bracket pls! 4-man is very abusable and has no spirit of competition.
    8-man Draft Tournament is another nice option. @Senshu @Sokolov

PS: Give rare runes to 3th-4th places so noob people are convinced to join.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

8-man tourneys are worse because there aren't enough people.

Kampel likes this.
  3. ProR2D2

Wut? There where 15-25 people at Tournament Lobby most of the time this weekend.

4. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Alt accounts are against the rules. Publishable by benfits.

DrSteve and mw24 like this.
  5. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

That's because of all the alts. When it was 8-man tournies it was really difficult to get enough people together to start one.

6. Bellagion

Um... What?

7. ProR2D2

It's impossible to detect (or stop) alts in a free to play game.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

If people want to take time our of their day to farm tourneys, I say let em be.

The people that go afk in tourneys while they play on their alts should be punished.

yobanchi likes this.
  9. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

It is not punished or enforced and is infact rewarded by reaping the benefits that comes along with breaking the rules.

10. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

lol noob got 2nd place 17 times

mw24 likes this.
  11. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

format should def. be changed for tourney play,,, highander,, upto com-rare only, king of the hill (use to love that), dudes come from rank with same op bgs,,, if u change the formats it would force people to make more kinds of bgs for differnt game modes, a win fer dog im thinking...game is doin better overall...but could use a shake up..getting a lil hum drum every weekend.

12. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

This is a cool idea but then you can't use the free BG's in the tourney anymore (beat surprisingly many people with the free Minotaur and Skeezick BGs)

13. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Might help a little bit if you put a limit on how many prizes awarded to same account.....alts are not allowed and should be punished by other means as a side step to above

Gnomes likes this.
  14. Bellagion

Wait... Wouldnt this actually encourage alts? People would want to make them in order to get past the limitation.

15. ProR2D2

1st place. -.-

16. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

there is a way to get an 8 man tourney rolling. ..instead of having a fill up and start situation,, maybe they should be starting on the hour every hour,, theyll fill up..
    one problem I see is , say 10 players join , only 8 in, 2 left out. maybe could keep the 4 man goin the same as now except tone down the prize on that one and the 8 man could be a bit more hefty.. you guys'll fill in the blanks, im sure. :)
    but a schedule will prolly get it goin.

17. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- There should be a separate system in place to stop alts...that's the rub. There isn't really so it makes this problem go in circles.

Bellagion likes this.
  18. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Give back Draw Tourney, and everyone will be happy.

bambino likes this.
  19. ProR2D2

It's impossible to detect (or stop) alts in a free to play game. You could simply say it's your brother playing and they will never know.

The only solution I see is to change it to a 8-man tourney or to remove it. Even wihout alts, winning an exotic -with no limit- after ONE game is a bit too much.

20. Bellagion

Why? I see no problem with people getting more runes.