Welcome back was kind of lame

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mud1, Mar 25, 2016.

1. mud1

mud1 Well-Known Member

So I had a free moment today and decided to try this game again. Threw together a random IS bg and tried the first daily. After 40 min of playing against never ending waves of replicating machines, I was just kind of done and exited out of the game without finishing the battle. I will give it another go at a later time but today wasnt enjoyable at all.

I came on with the intent of doing a few PvP games but just wanted to test the waters to remember how stuff worked. I expect to get owned by players but I felt like I was playing against one of those never ending FW bgs that were never any fun to face. It is good to see this game is still here, just got off to a bad start I guess....

Valkyr likes this.
  2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

People wanted challenging daylies.

Anotherblackman and BurnPyro like this.
  3. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

ive been playing pox for 9 years and i never once played a daily or single player mode game

4. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

Yeah, either the bot will be too stupid and easy, or it will just spam a bunch of units. Pox is too complicated of a game for a bot to easily be made to comprehend. They're better for just mindless grinding and going onto pvp where the real game is.

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

You can program an AI with machine-learning to drive a car with under 2k lines of code. Pox shouldn't be all that bad.

Valkyr likes this.
  6. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

as the ai dev for duelyst, i can confirm that proper ai for pox would be straightforward and very doable.

machine learning would be a bit overkill for pox imo, but also doable

7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

So long as it doesn't cheat. I can live with overkill.

8. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

IS is really boring. You should stay away form IS for enhanced pox experiences.

Alakhami likes this.
  9. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Except duelyst you started from scratch, pox devs have to go in and fix all the code that previous owners ****ed up lol. Then you have to factor in the expansions, buffs, nerfs it's crazy. A lot of the things the devs want to add they said would be difficult just because of all the old code and having to go back and fix it.

Also what is duelyst i'm curious to play it now since your one of the coders, always prefer supporting someone I know.

10. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Don't you play FW?

Nobody likes playing against FW. FW is cancer.

11. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

https://duelyst.com/

it's like a less-complex pox nora, or hearthstone on a grid.

12. Xiape

Xiape I need me some PIE!

No one is/was preventing them from starting over. The idea of poxnora 2 was floated multiple times, starting several years ago.

Indeed, that was what some players wanted for the revamp. Keep the card art and redo the rules of the game.

super71 likes this.
  13. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

I wouldn't recommend this... Sometimes you can have a crash corse on how to warm-up on poxnora.

Like Combo executions, nora after fonts and deployment rates ect.
    I advise it cause its free gold.

I remember a Poxnora that required money and basically the "hobo" poxnora player...

theres no homeless around here... we outhere making it do what it do with this spare change now...

#f2pforlyfe

14. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Yeah I tried to watch the game play trailer last night, it did not work i'll check again today. Sounds pretty awesome though.

15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

this game has singleplayer?

16. gopuu420

gopuu420 Well-Known Member

I think change something name inside the game like change name of faction or something else