What kind of BGs are you using?

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Cydna, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Just curious to see what people are using right now and how efficient it is.

Working on my Paladin BG but it seems like it's super expensive nora wise, but I'll have to test it out once I get the runes I need.

2. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

Seems like construct and beast decks are the most viable at the moment.

3. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

How about Trolls/Rock Defiance bgs? Has anyone tested these post-revamp? If so, how did they play out?

4. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

They lost Bouncer...

5. Tal3234

Tal3234 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Aquatic theme..!! is funny, HAHAHA :D

6. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Uhm noooo......i mean, yes he doesmt deal 20dmg, but it is still pretty tanky. Or at least would be if there arent so much champs which easly hit 20+ dmg.

7. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Grintmaw Bouncer looks pretty good to me. 76-84 nora, 6 speed, 3 def, 65 hp with Bounce, Hold the Line, Rock Defiance, Upgrade 1: Improve Range, Bind, Massive Leap (2) and Upgrade 2: Tough (2), Regeneration (2), Regeneration (3). I would probably choose Massive Leap (2) and Regeneration (3) for only 79 nora. That's a pretty good tank for less than 80 nora! He is also equippable! So you can put something like Providence on him to give him Barricade for more tankiness, or Tactical Manual for +6 damage!

8. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Full Dwarves, baby! Lovin' most of the changes, despite the fact that several of my favorite Dwarves got 'boxed with the revamp (RIP Windfury :(). Here's the deck: http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C8QcFCq_CakctdC4Kc8+c8mc3WcwyCgacfgsfSls7ms4GsPs2prHrgrirYeQe_

Has a decent mix of range and melee, with Roughnecks and Brewmasters being the frontliners. It's honestly not a very efficient deck, but the champions are tough and workable. I upgrade Shooters with Farshot 3 and PS 1, giving them superior poke but less up-front damage. Just trying out the Brawler for now, but I upgrade Pummel 3, and with Surge: Enemy, he does very good damage for that price. It has some silly stuff in there, as usual; Failed Amplifier has been invaluable against the Protectorate factions, who tend to do a lot of spell spamming these days. For my own part, I rarely need more than one per turn. A key Hammer Strike or Macadamize often does the job just fine without the need for further spell usage.

9. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

What upgrades on Dwarven King are you using?

Also, 'm salty that DK raised in price :(

10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Lost access to 7 speed and became more expensive. I'd much rather use doomball upgraded with war cry 2.