What spells to use?

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Hekau718, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Hekau718

Hekau718 I need me some PIE!

Hi.
    I'm quite new to IS overall, but I'm very stuck with IS spells. I'm running Barb's right now, and I'm really not sure what spells, relics and equipment to use. - What are some auto-includes?

Help appreciated,

Cheers.

2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

In almost every IS BG I run Hammer Strike, Might of Ironfist, Earthshaker, Banner, Holy Blade of Valdac, Vial of Holy Water (not in Paladins), and Tales of Valor.
    Then I throw in Disarm or UV if needed, maybe a blink.

3. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Hammer is always auto for me at least 1x. Most of the time I run 2 + Bane Blast. Mark of Redemption is amazing IMO, especially for dealing with pesky NKD units. Instill Panic is an often underrated spell that wins games if you know how to use it. Refute is the same, though it requires a huge dollop of predictive ability. Other great includes are UV, Macadamize, Earthquake, Unbending Force, Might of Ironfist, and Pride of the Sarnghaver (for Barbs). For relics, you definitely want a Guard Tower and Banner, but after that it's preference. I like Failed Amplifier, but that's me. Equip-wise, get a Holy Blade and Vial/Soulreaver for spot counters. Then look into Earthgod Sigil, Holy Mace, and Golden Compass (also underrated).

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

My "toolkit" that goes into every deck is:
    Hammerstrike x1
    Instill Panic x1
    Might of Ironfist x1
    Mark of Redemption x1
    Tales of Valor x1
    Macadamize or Glorious Charge depending on deck.
    UV or Guard Tower depending on deck.
    Earthshaker x1
    Banner x1
    HBoV x1
    Vial x1

Good Spells that are in most my decks:
    Gravity Flux
    Refute
    Righteous Deflection
    Blink

Great Situational Spells:
    Strip Armor

5. nico

nico I need me some PIE!

How do you use instill panic?

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

In order of how often I use it.
    A) To push an enemy into kill range.
    B) To push my Dwarven King, Bastion or Geomancer into position for a surprise Warcry, Devestate or Shockwave (requires a Vial for the shockwave, also remember the loss of 1 speed in your calculations. If you use on one of your units while it is at full AP it will lose one. So move a space first.)
    C) To push an enemy over a wall or damaging terrain or elevation to delay their ability to return to the fight.
    D) To push my units over a wall, terrain or elevation to surprise capture a font.

7. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Also very powerful if able to use behind enemy lines with a friendly stealthed champ to feed enemy champ to your waiting troops