What to do with verbal abuse

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RainElf, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

yeah, i hear some people make alts to contain their rage with

2. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

I'm usually looking at my battle log and not looking at chat o_o.

If it occurs in the main lobby, then I guess that can be ignored, but I'd rather not give it the attention. I'm sorry that you have run into those types of people however, there are players of all ranges out there.

3. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Why would you want to ban trashtalkers, they are so funny. I remember there was a FW guy who managed to yell like 5 messages per turn, he was a real pro.

badgerale likes this.
  4. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

In games with such a tiny playerbase, I find it ridiculous how heavy flame (cancer, mother-talk, etc) isn't INSTA timeban if the player reports it.

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I typically stay in guild chat. It gets kinda rowdy in there sometimes though.

6. Cortices

Cortices Administrator Octopi

I agree a report function is badly needed. It's not in the works yet but hopefully we can find the time to get to it sooner rather than later. In the meantime, if you feel another player is being abusive, don't hesitate to take a screenshot and send it to us. We'll issue a warning and if that doesn't have the desired effect, we'll take additional steps as necessary.

7. Morfeas

I just hope you don't go easy on heavy flamers, worried that by warning them you'll lose one of your precious players.

8. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

If someone trash talk or troll you. Best what you can do is ignore him. Don't feed a troll and All is going to be okay.

9. Lanfear

Lanfear Well-Known Member

When i first started playing i played the computer or my friend almost exclusively. When i felt i was ready for ranked ( i wasn't ) i played a few games. I got 2 limited players, and they stomped me. Not only did they stomp me, but when i asked questions like, "why did my guy die there, there is nothing in the combat log?" they proceeded to ridicule me. Even in victory, some people are aholes. I quit for like 6 months after that, with no intention of coming back. I only came back because my friend begged and bargained with me. People really need to be nicer.

We will never be rid of aholes, since its the internet, but if the majority are nice, it will go a long way.

Astamir likes this.
  10. Lanfear

Lanfear Well-Known Member

This is a very good point, and in general, with 1-2 players get banned.... the majority will fall in line.....majority not all.

11. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Rage is good for the game. It has a dual benefit. The rager looks forward to stalking his opponent to get revenge. The raged upon enjoys looking forward to another colorful match in which he will incite more rage and gain cherished memories of another day won. The rage cycle will continue indefinitely creating feuds of animosity motivating both sides to purchase more runes to inflict emotional pain upon each other. DOG makes more money, the rager feels vindicated by getting revenge, and the raged upon thinks up a new way to piss everyone off. Everyone is happy the end. Trash talk is the frosting on the cake.

12. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I honestly don't see the point of trash talk and rage. It serves no purpose. It doesn't accomplish anything meaningful, nor does it add anything positive to one's gaming experience. When The Best mentions some tripe about how rage is in human nature, I simply laugh. Yes, people get mad. But this is an online video game, not a competitive sport. There's no face-to-face interaction, and therefore the quality of any anger one may direct towards another is highly diminished. Furthermore, people (who don't have some kind of cognitive impairment) are more than capable of controlling their emotions, especially anger/rage. We do it every day in public, so why should it be any different online?

13. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

To be honest pox is more rage inducing then other games. I don't know why it just is.

14. Morfeas

where is the /s

15. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

LOL I was gonna say KF. But that's it ya know, you might think one thing is rage inducing I might think something different is.

16. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Being able to come to this game and rage is a good release for me. Great way to reduce stress and have fun trash talking. Honestly if you dont like someone there is the ignore option lol.

17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's also why you're known as a ******

18. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

You single me out when 90% of this player base has done the exact same thing one time or another. Your so perfect BurnPyro.

19. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Is it really him singling you out when you come in to a thread stating why you believe its good for the game?

Seems more like you singled yourself out there and he was simply acknowledging it.

Dagda likes this.
  20. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I implied that all the drama sells runes and keeps players coming back to rematch their nemesis. You both are the ones drawing your own conclusions. Perfect time to ignore me if im so offensive to you.