Which 2016 presidential candidate fits you?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by darklord48, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I blame Cloudfront's webscripting. (Seriously, I have a no-script addon for my browser, they weren't hidden until I enabled the script of that particular thingy, I'm not sure why they felt the need to do that though.)

Personal Results:

Rand Paul and Bernie Sanders are apparently neck and neck for me. Well, close to. 75% Paul and 73% Sanders, Mike Huckabee supposedly is at 72%.

The loser is... *drumroll* Bobby Jindal at 17%. I have absolutely no idea who Bobby Jindal is. Lindsey Graham was second worst, at 19%.

I have "officially" been labeled a "Left-wing Libertarian" (which honestly sounds about right).

I'm also apparently massively reject Elitism and Centralization of power, though I don't give a damn about Big Government vs. Small Government (whatever that means).

I had my own answers on some specific subjects, and apparently the website tends to take that as "agreement" even if it's not, which seems to have pushed up the numbers in some cases.

In terms of specific categories, I apparently want:

Trump's/Cruz's Imigration policy (though it's also what I cared about the least)

Paul's Foreign policy

Huckabee's/Cruz's Social policy

Trump's/Carson's Healthcare policy

Sanders'/Biden's Environmental policy

Paul's/Graham's Educational policy

Paul's Economic policy

Half of the Republican parties alleged Electoral policy

Sander's Domestic policy

and Bush's Science policy

I am apparently not in agreement with those that live in my city or state, being 11% and 12% respectively, but I'm not sure if this is using the same sort of comparison method (it might want exact answers rather than partially similar ones like it took for the candidates).

Well, so the quiz says.

Interesting indeed.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  2. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Also, and most importantly... how can I find out how much I agree with Deez Nuts?

JazzMan1221 and Dagda like this.
  3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Praise yourself lucky.

4. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

98% Bernie Sanders.
    0% Ben Carlson.

Never heard of either of them.

5. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

91% Bernie Sanders.

85% Clinton.

25% Trump. Well alright, mister Trump, you're almost not Bane Shift.

6. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

Not surprised by mine.

Ted Cruz 94%
    Marco Rubio, Rick Santorum 90%
    Lowest Republican; John Kasich 63%
    Highest Democrat; Joe Biden 36%
    Hillary Clinton 28%
    Bernie Sanders 9%

7. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

You should feel 14% bad about yourself.

SPiEkY and Dagda like this.
  8. Boozha

Beats your 100%

9. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Agreed, lack of Mr. Deez Nuts in any of the quizzes is disrespectful of my political position.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

of all the republicans...

Bellagion likes this.
  11. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

There needs to be a spot on the ballet that says "not Donald".... That's the one I would pick

Ohmin likes this.
  12. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

wp_ss_20151004_0001.png

iPox likes this.
  13. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Purpletop:

Democrat, Democrat, Democrat, Democrat... I see where this is goin- Holy crap suddenly Jeb!

It's really quite interesting to see where people end up with this sort of thing, though I still don't trust it fully on it's accuracy (let alone for certain politicians to actually be sticking to their stated platforms rather than just pandering).

On a related note, it seems like the majority so far are at least okay with Sanders, if not having him as tops. Pretty interesting.

14. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

so you guys think the job the left has done over the past 7 years justifies putting forth a candidate that's even more left? You're going to lose the middle with that pick. His persona doesn't overshadow his policies so he will be judged purely by those. And I don't see 'more left' as a big selling point to the middle.

15. Boozha

Obama

Left

Pick one

BurnPyro and Ohmin like this.
  16. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I think most people don't want a continuation of the core policies of the last 30 years or so, and perceive Sanders as being substantially different (same with Trump, for those that like him). I don't know that such a perception would be CORRECT mind, but it makes sense.

Or it could just be the way the quiz was set up makes it easy for Sanders to get ahead based on his "answers."

Probably both.

17. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I think the last 7 years have gone pretty good, all things considered (there is always stuff to complain about no matter who is in office, and government in general isn't all that great, but those aren't the "left"'s fault).

Just because you are anti-left doesn't mean we all share your opinion. I might not be happy with Obamacare, but that's because it doesn't go far enough, to be honest.

Also, Obama is pretty centrist, as far as I am concerned, same with Hillary. They aren't "left." They just feel left because of how far right the right is in the US.

What I do think is that the policies of the right largely don't make sense to me, and tend to be grounded in rhetoric and emotional appeals instead of logic and facts.

PurpleTop, Boozha and BurnPyro like this.
  18. Sokolov

As for this, that's just the reality of politics, doesn't really have much to do with where people's views align.

Now, if there was an Alternative vote, candidates like Sanders would have a better chance, but that's exactly why the main parties lobbied so hard against having Alternative vote in the US, because "communists!"

Glad to see you understand the problem though, and why the US system perpetuates the 2 party system.

19. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I find this funny, because I hear this exact argument, except the other way around, rather often. Mostly at home (my father is very republican), but also around town (remember, though, small-town Idaho, it's kind of the common sentiment).

20. Sokolov

Yep, it's just perspective. My experience has been that if you find someone who is actually willing to talk about things, you find that both sides actually have a lot in common. Mostly it's about who to trust in terms of information and reporting, and what conclusions we should be drawing from particular situations. In general, people distrust sources that tell them things they don't believe in. Which makes perfect sense, if you think about it. So most people will know what they think, and what evidence there is for what they believe - but they will know far less about why others believe what they do, and it'll just seem like nonsense.

The other aspect is that a lot of times they are talking about different aspects of the same thing. For example, the right is typically for lower taxes for the job creators, etc., and argue that this will stimulate the economy (supply-side economics). The left wants to be stimulate the economy too, they just think it's better done by increasing minimum wage and things like that (demand-side economics). Personally, I think we have tried supply side for the last 50 or 60 years or so and it led to stagnation of the middle class and the eventual financial crisis, but I am sure others will say other things caused that, and the reality is likely that it's a mix of things. I also think that people in general place too much emphasis on what politicians (particularly the President) can do in regards to the economy. The world economy is global now - gas prices don't rise and fall because of Obama, and neither does the US economy significantly improve or falter because of what he is doing:

upload_2015-10-4_13-19-30.png

If I made a list of things that don't make sense to me, and someone on your side made a list, I am sure we'll end up with a lot of similar topics, but the specifics would be different.

Bellagion and SPiEkY like this.