Why aren't police officers trained to be kung fu masters?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by JazzMan1221, Nov 5, 2016.

1. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I mean, they learn to box in the academy. Just teach them Kung Fu instead. Make them confident enough to fight hand-to-knife or hand-to-bat so they don't have to draw their firearm on an "unarmed" person.

Literally 0 excuse. Make Police Officers Kung Fu masters. We'd start the program now so that the cops of the next generation can all know Kung Fu.

I mean, if I was walking around New York and knew that every NYPD officer was a Kung Fu master who could dismantle my joints with a swift flick of the wrist I sure as hell wouldn't commit any crimes. Teach them to catch bullets, too. Can't be that hard. Some guy in Watchmen did it, I remember seeing that. We can give them robes instead of uniforms, too. They can be like, Blue Shaolin Monks.

If Hillary is elected and guns actually get ctrl+alt+delete'd, like completely disappear from the planet, I will only accept Kung Fu Kops. If there are no Kung Fu Kops I will reinvent the gun.

Tweek516, Qucas, PhdNiceGuy and 3 others like this.
  2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

We better give these Kung-Fu Kops (great movie series title, by the way) some kind of melee weapon that they can use if things do escalate, since I figure them having a gun may tempt them too much to use it, so we better get some level of, like, energy-sword, where it's some kind of saber made of light that they can use. I think it'd totally match the robe.

3. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

edited to remove the useless fluff

okay, so tell us more about the crimes you commit.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  4. JazzMan1221

I'm a chronic jaywalker and loiterer.

Tweek516, Qucas, Leadrz and 3 others like this.
  5. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Funding sanctuary cities, wasting money acquitting sex offenders, and saving the delta smelt is more important than proper police training in california sorry bro this won't be able to contribute to your kungfu police dream.

6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

saving endangered fish is important.

my official policy on them is whomever delta smelt it delta dealt it.

Qucas, davre and Leadrz like this.
  7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Be careful with those fishy puns. You'll summon a Hagfish.

Qucas, Leadrz and Geressen like this.
  8. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

The Delta Smelt is not an indigenous california species it was brought here by some ashole from another part of the country. It belongs in California about as much as South American Pythons belong down by the airport in Orlando Florida. Importing non indigenous species into foreign eco systems is destructive. Just ask Australian customs officials how they feel about asshat movie stars bringing their exotic pets to Australia. I am surprised these idiots in this state haven't realized yet that the Delta Smelt does not belong in California in the first place.

9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

victim blaming profhulk? I'm not suprised:
    ( from here: http://www.earthisland.org/journal/...ve_fish_have_a_place_in_the_sacramento_delta/ )

while it is the weekend meaning i'm going to be too lazy to search beyond the first few results of google every source except the one above so far describes them as "Endemic"

now granted endemic could mean they simply intergrated into the ecosystem without damaging it beyond driving another species out of the niche they occupy one source called them "Iconic".

No source has given me an alternative origin where this species lives anywhere where an english writing person might refer to it as a delta smelt. therefore it is my opinion that you have somehow mistakenly atributed the facts of the mississipi silver-side to the delta smelt.

Mississippi silver side: ravenous killer ( of baby delta smelt)
    [​IMG]

Delta smelt: innocent little fish
    [​IMG]

If a species dissapears it is hard to bring back, nearly impossible currently, we must preserve the extant species from becoming extinct and this takes priority over humans who'se ancestors were dumb enough to live in a desert and who have become suprised when there was not enough water for them to share. I'm sure you think otherwise so these next ones are for you.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    Sokolov likes this.
  10. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Not victim blaming. I confused the silverside with the smelt. Had my story wrong. Calm down eco hippy.

11. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

@profhulk this does not seem like an apology towards delta smelt nor the people in whatever is in chrge of fish and waters in california.

I do find it funny how you, faced with efforts to save a fish species from extinction, decide you know more about what is and isn't exotic than the people who studied them and are in charge of these things.

rather than check if your facts were correct went straight to goverment is incompetent, you did not pass go, and you did not collect 200$ ( because that money was used to try and save delta smelts)

13. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Whatever, it's not like facts are relevant to policy decisions anyway.

14. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

whatever hippy. I got my fish mixed up. The smelt is on its way out and I had little to do with that so after it's extinct u can argue semantics and look cool. Despite my confusions with species my point still stands. California is more concerned with other things than training kung fu cops. In fact the criminals in california are starting to train in MMA. Interesting article here by officer Hoffman.
    http://lib.post.ca.gov/lib-document...csCC50/Joe Hoffman final article, 3-7-12.docx

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

you have everything to do with that! You've always hated the smelts and caused their downfall!

16. JazzMan1221

Guys guys, can we please get back on topic here? The smelt issue is just small fry; we need to discuss the potential of Kung-Fu Kops and how we need more of them.

SPiEkY likes this.
  17. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

you decided to write cops with a K to get... KFK? YOU IDIOT! YOU COULD HAVE HAD KFC!

18. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Dude, I could totally go for some KFC right now.

19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Too late, you get KFK, what is KFK you ask? Well it is not KFC that I'll tell you :mad:

SPiEkY likes this.