Why do you play the Faction you do?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dwlr, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Dwlr

Dwlr I need me some PIE!

I looked around and I didn't see a topic on it so a simply question: What is the reason you play the faction you do?

2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

when i started, i liked the fs, sp, and sl sample decks (then the other wrath ones, then is. i didn't like any other sample decks)

when i first bought runes, i sorta diddled around, trading often to play different things as the mood hit me. this ran my rune stock low. i considered becoming a trade shark, and then realized i had morals. so i decided to settle on a faction. this was shortly after the dragon/herald expansion, where everyone and their mother was running as many dragons and heralds as they could- except sl, cause akakios and PoF were iffy includes even with the dank synergy.

so i settled on sl and then people gave me shittons of runes and now i'm here.

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I started right after Shattered Peaks expansion, so all the packs I bought were almost exclusively SP runes. Then I noticed Moga Trigger had Eat Traps, but the best source of traps in the game was Skeezick Trapper in SL. I made some trades to get SL stuff for a 10/10 BG. I enjoyed the few Skeezick that existed then, so I made some more trades to get a full SL BG. When Half Skeezick was released I started splitting with IS also. I'm not sure when I picked up FW, but that left me with four factions, which was more than enough to keep my interest.

SL has long been my favorite and is the only faction I'm working on a collection of. I doubt I'll ever be able to trade for a Harbinger or an Orange Myx Pupae, but I'll eventually have the rest. I'll have to settle for the SP Harbinger that I have, which is fitting because it was the first faction I ever played.

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Way back when before Markoth existed, I was a UD player. I was just learning the ropes but when I finally began buying runes my very first pack contained a Dwarven King. Back then they were the 2nd or 3rd most expensive rune in the game and I thought he was a total badass. I made the switch but I didnt like my original username so Markoth was born. Been an IS player ever since.

5. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Frozen elves. Doesn't get cooler than that.

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Titty Popsicles

7. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

UD i was drawn to them because they were fun to run they could really do damageā€©i still remember blood frenzy's original ability was 1% damage per turn

8. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I'll have a couple.
    Actually, screw it, give me a whole box of those!

9. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Well , Boobs.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I love playing control and lengthy fights in just about any game. Here, that's FW. I also dislike powerful or important units because it opens up a particular kind of vulnerability; I'd rather everything just die. In Pox, that means FW. The whole undead atmosphere doesn't have much to do with it (although I do think it's kinda cool).

11. Anaarkoon

Anaarkoon Member

Back when I started I used to play UD as a main faction, and KF when I got bored with UD, occasionally experimenting with other factions. I dabled in ST, FW and FS but never had the urge to try SL and SP somehow. I guess I mainly liked UD because of badass 'evil' high dmg champs. However, I ended up liking KF more, as I love the whole mystical/elvish/nature's power themes KF offered. Nowadays my main faction is KF and when the mood hits I play some UD; a fire or deep elves theme. Elves...never out of fashion.

12. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

it's because I was trolled vry hard as a baby

13. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

14. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

kayos is stronk

15. Qucas

Qucas Guest

I started with KF because that was the first deck I put together myself but then found out about Kanen and Leoss. After playing those for awhile, I found my way to SP and Hyaenids. Now I mainly play that but still make decks from other factions.

16. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

FS music.

17. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

I started with fw out of love for blood tracker and blood binder and serkan, as a new player I played everything I could get my claws on so I swank from faction to faction.

Oneday a mate irl said he'd give me a psychic bg if I helped him out.

I was presented with one of the best bg's I had every played ( oh nueromancer, rest in piece) and subsequently fell in love with fs.

I also play the hell out of stitched since i started till now.

18. DemonicWiz

DemonicWiz The King of Potatoes

I love the dead. XD
    Which is why I play Black in Magic. XP

19. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I like that FS is not a standard fantasy theme, and the play style just seems to kind of suit me. I tend to get much better results with FS than other factions.

20. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I'd type out a long paragraph as to why I play KF. But I'm on a phone so Firk that. Stay tuned.

IMAGIRL likes this.