Why else would you run nora drain?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kharon, May 24, 2014.

1. Kharon

Kharon Devotee of the Blood Owl

Other than to first turn abuse. I mean... Does anyone really save up large amounts of nora anymore?

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I do sometimes. There's few things that destroy an opponent's morale more than dropping 4 or 5 champs all at once.

Woffleet likes this.
  3. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Most trick decks require you to save up a good bit of nora beforehand. If you get the feeling you're against that sort of deck, using Nora Drain at a key time will force the opponent to start from square 1 all over again, likely resulting in a win for you. But of course, unless you're facing iPox, any decent trick deck builder will lull you into a false sense of security before launching his attack by playing in a somewhat normal fashion. If a trick deck is easy to spot before it pulls off its trick, it probably isn't a very good trick deck.

4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

you can track nora use pretty easily, if you spot that the other person has saved up a decent amount and is going to have enough to put something big down next turn (big champ or big spells) then you can engage full on and nora drain at the end of your turn

they have a very limited way to retaliate

edit- that's not to say that first turn cheese isn't key, but there are very few things that have just one use

5. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

Nora Artillery deck.

:|

newsbuff, Woffleet and Skullferno like this.
  6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

If your opponent has more nora than you then it is efficient. If your opponent didnt deploy or cast a spell the previous turn then using it isnt a bad idea.

7. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Really it depends on the person who uses it.

If your opponent has 1 font and you are invading his other and genning more nora, then it might be a good idea to just throw it at a certain time to really crush the opponent.

8. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

It's good in the midgame, but it's stupid on turn 1.

9. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Its one of those spells I find gamebreaking stupid.
    I remember one game on the SP map. First turn i didn't reveal a champ. Opponents first turn, deploy a speed 6 with Leap 3 and Nora drain.

Game was decided in less than 15 seconds without any thought or skill. Not fun or balanced imo.

10. Neri

Neri The King of Potatoes

Game was decided by you not putting enough champs into your BG maybe?

11. TheNidhogg

Yes, usually 2nd turn nora drain is not a problem you have to look out for. It is only a little strange to bring it up in this conversation, FW historically runs fewer champs due to CD reduction.

12. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Yes because 16 is clearly to few. I never include less than 16 in any bg, no matter what faction i play.

13. Neri

Neri The King of Potatoes

Oh you need at least 17. Should have put 17 in maybe?

14. TheNidhogg

16 is enough

15. Kharon

Kharon Devotee of the Blood Owl

I'm running 30.

16. Hekatian

Hekatian The King of Potatoes

All I need it two.....
    [​IMG][​IMG]

17. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Pretty much.
    When I first watched him pulling this combo I was like "hey, why don't more people use this? Hope no one finds out."
    Sure took people a while.

18. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

stops AOE spam if anyone still does that, used to be tinies bread and butter