Why is Wrath the real good guys

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MakarovJAC, Aug 10, 2015.

1. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

So, for a long, long time, and because mainstream fantasy actually works under the idea that if you are beautiful and perfect, you are definitely the good guys, we have been lead to believe that the Protectorate is the actual good guys of Poxnora. Sure, they are all light and naked driads dancing in the forest, and they kill anything ugly on sight because that would spoil the fun for all, roit?

The answer is no. They, don´t. They hate good. And they´ll go on lenghts to make sure it doesn´t spread throughout Poxanthuru. And I'm going to explain you why.

Let´s start with the Shattered Peaks.

The Peaks is known to be a rough and cruel place, roit? The Peaks is ruled by the Voil Empire under the gaze of Eihiist. The Protectorate paint it as a vicious, tyranic regime where only the Voil get the bling, and everybody else shall perish. That's not right. After the Separation, and the fall of the Cyclops Empire of Old, the Voil rose to provide all the inhabitants of the rough with a second chance. The Cyclops were taken out of the clift and allowed to inhabit more stable grounds. Their quest for knowledge of old wasn't even censored by the Empire! The feeble Mogas were provided with protection, and a chance to learn and climb ranks high into the Voil society. G´hern were given a special place in the bureaucratic chain by overseeing the Moga.

Let's move a little bit to the Northeastern region. The "Forsaken" Wastes.

After a dramatic struggle between kin that left two great and proud nations in ruins, the wastes became a hub for a dying race. Humans could find a place they can call home. And the Wastes provided it. All free thinkers are always welcome to receive tutoring from the most renown minds in Poxanthuru. Nothing goes to waste. The dead, the sick and weak, the restless souls, all are given a second chance to make the best of it. No graveyard will ever remind people of their lost loved ones, because they´ll be there, with you in the best, and the worse to lend you a hand when you most need it. Want to spend some time with your grandmother? Your best friend? Your pet? Then the Wastes shall grant your that chance eternally.

Let's head back south, to the land of forever summer, the Sundered Lands.

It´s inhabitants learned well of the misery brought by rascism, and they are doing their part to make for it. Forever changed, they understood that unity is the most valuable commodity all living beings deserve. Further on, they wish to share their gift to the world. Even grant their crippled a place in the world, arm-to-arm with their brothers untouched by misfortune. But what is this gift they want to share with everyone? The Sundered lands is a place famous for its harsh weather, therefore, the Gift granted them with tough skin to resist the acid rains. With strenght to work under the most wearing conditions. And if you are lucky, you could glide through the sky like the birds. Or to swim the boiling sea and climb the trees completely harmless.

And what's left to the outcasts, the ugly, the lonely? The Underdeeps.

Do you have something that shames you? Have you ever felt repressed? Do you fear the looks of others? Then, come to a place where you are free to express your most inner, and strong feelings. Scream out loud your anger, be open about your secret desires, forget about your looks and share them with the world. And don't get scolded for it. Want a Grundelwulf for a pet? To ride your own dragon? Want to play with spiders? People throws stuff at you in school? Don't worry, we got your covered! Because in the Underdeeps, nobody is too weird, or too creepy. We are all alike.

And that, my friends, is why the Wrath are the actual heroes of Poxnora.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  2. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

tldr. title seems good, will read later. More people will click on your thread if you get a cool avatar.

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Thats deep dude

*hits blunt*

Tweek516, Anima26, Engleberry and 3 others like this.
  4. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Stay out of my swamp and we will get along fine. Firking demons digging holes in my backyard.

Anima26, Qucas, Makorov and 1 other person like this.
  5. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Fun read. I liked it.

6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Seems pretty accurate to me.

7. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Good versus Evil don't really exist in war.
    Beliefs, vengeance and resources are the main reasons for war.
    I don't know all the lore of Pox, so some of these are just guesses.

Ironfist Stronghold and Sundered Lands started a huge war because of racism. (Because of mutation)
    Underdepths started a war on K'thir Forest because of revenge. Elves that was never saved, endlessly tortured until they themselves became demons.
    This was likely the first alliances, Ironfist Stronghold and K'thir Forest against Sundered Lands and Underdepths.

i don't know the order the other factions joined, but this is likely it and the reason why.

Forsaken Waste joined because of the benefits of war. Death = More power for them.
    Shattered Peaks for resources, mainly food as that was lacking. They likely also received weapons and armor, but the Voils mainly kept those to themselves.
    Forglar Swamp was likely hunted for food, by both as payment from The Sundered Lands and from starting hunting there themselves on their way to war, making them join K'thir Forest and Ironfist Stronghold.
    Savage Tundra had both Jakei (Elves) and frozen bodies, so they realized that both Underdepths and Forsaken Wastes would come after them after the war, so they joined in before it was too late.

Qucas and mw24 like this.
  8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I like UD, FW, and SL the best. ST is interesting too. I don't like everything in sp but I like voils and cyclops alot.

9. MakarovJAC

The game has so much lore, that it was quite easy to write that.

10. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

FW players= Mother Teresa

Qucas, vitor and DarkJello like this.
  11. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

How many of the wars in poxanthru of were actually started or instigated by UD,SP,SL,FW
    i would say much less than protectorate factions

12. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

This sounds like an ad to join the evil mastermind's minions...

But seriously, I totally agree. Though, things are actually pretty accurately balanced in terms of good and bad in every faction.

13. MakarovJAC

When comparing Wrath to Prot, it kind of makes me wonder if we are supposed to like the Protectorate. I mean, lore-wise, the Protectorate causes more harm in the long run by shunning races and ideologies, as well as censoring and exterminating them.

But what really makes me wonder if this all has been planned.

14. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Well, the truth is it has never been said that Protectorate is good and Wrath is bad. Even if we take these words literally they aren't just one thing.

It's more something about attackers and defenders; Prot is trying to survive, Wrath wants to conquer (or destroy). Struggle for survival can often turn into a horrible thing, and dominating a foe might turn out for the best, in specific situations.

15. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I don't know. Demons are usually the embodiment of evil and undead don't tend to be upstanding citizens either. A case can be made for SP (and to some extent SL), but saying that the demons and undead are the good guys really doesn't pass the laugh test.

16. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

who are the good guys in wrath ?
    i agree that there are bad guys in proto like d'elim but i don't think there are any good guys in wrath (ash?)

17. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Considering. Sundered lands blew the land to shreds.

And fs as I recall has only had internal political issues, and SP Trying to steal and eat our goddam legs like they're French.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
    Ifem21, Qucas, themacca and 3 others like this.
  18. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Can't say I haven't haven't stopped by the Frog Leg Cafe in shattered peaks. I mean Nublins Pie shop is right around the corner.

19. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

All this makes me wish like a mudderfaker this game was thriving :/

saromon50, Anima26, Qucas and 3 others like this.
  20. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Good thread!