Why this revamp totally sucks (with elementary math)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LoganMkv, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

So I actually don't disagree that champion's individual diversity has decreased (though I think the "math" is suspect, as for example, Anathema didn't start with 2 abilities and lose 1, but rather had like a bunch and kept access to most).

However, that was the point of the revamp - most players felt individual champions were doing too much. The problem is whether the themes, holistically now, still function well and provide meaningful choices to the player. In some cases, they may not, and it is certainly worth examining the themes specifically.

2. Demthedark

Demthedark The King of Potatoes

Can people cut the "oh before the revamp it was the same meta bg over and over" crap.

There was a lot of diversity as far as bg creation prior to the revamp. Sure if you played ranked and aimed to be in the top 100 you played the same bgs often because well...thats the top 100 despite a few player who are able to win without using meta cheese.

Most of the theme bgs or fun bgs have been gutted thanks to the revamp. We will see another meta form using the same concepts (cheap meat, efficiency) spring from this revamp

3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

@Jib has been putting it correctly in the posts he's been trolling through. People wanted change, but expected change to all that stuff they don't like to face, and not necessarily the stuff they use.

One of the best accomplishments of this revamp, and the only worthy accomplishment IMO (I'm a harsh critic, I know) is that the game has been slowed down via increased nora costs and decreased speed. The problem is, there are things like Moga and randomly overlooked champions throughout, as well as the crushing of the themes that I think will cause people to gravitate towards split fac goodstuffs to get as much of the overlooked stuff into a deck as possible.

4. Sokolov

To be fair, it was basically all that was said in these forums in the days leading up to the revamp. "Stale meta" "Can't play this game" etc.

5. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

My "diversity points" are not equal to ability count, but to unique use cases.
    Absorb, repulsion or jolt on anathema are nothings special, those just contribute to her general efficiency and can be replaced with stats or nora.
    However energythief was providing 2 cases: even despite she wasn't efficient in general, it was possible to equip blade and sap 50% hp from any champ, or to lock any slow melee/longrange champion in duel. Now it's impossible. You just use her as sever if meta is summon heavy, or not use at all.

Who are those "most players"? Tiny? Maybe Ryv? Oh yes, eternal rareleaguers who always complain about everything, and will continue to complain after revamp just as much.

6. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

@LoganMkv:

I just chatted with President Obama, and he agrees that you are being a smidge petulant. But he still believes in you. Hugs.

7. Sokolov

Actually, those guys tend to say a lot less than most :) In fact, has Tiny or Ryv even posted in the past few months?

If you have been following the discussions since DOG took over, you'd see most as a fairly appropriate word to use.