Worms Ground Zero

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by kalasle, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

2. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Insanely broken.

potatonuts likes this.
  4. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Put it on the Carrionling instead of Upgrade 1 or 2. Yeah even something broken can be ok or unplayable if designed right.

Netherzen likes this.
  5. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

So worms are pretty crazy. These carrionlings were all generated by creeping pustule and putrid creeper's aura. The putrid creeper has necro hex on him for disease immunity so he doesnt die to disease auras.

Unlimited Carrion Works.jpg

potatonuts likes this.
  6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Cheeky. That's about 140 to set up? Seems slightly vulnerable, but potentially strong. This in a real match, and how practical does it seem?

7. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

92 turns in a skirmish doesn't seem all that comparable to ranked play IMO.

8. NevrGonaGivUup

I was just fooling around here (eye had 130 damage), but in a ranked match, it still generates 2 lings per turn. It would be worth setting up in a stall/buildup scenario, or maybe early in the game against a slow deck.

9. yobanchi

Lots of impressive things can be done in skirmish after you have secured the board with no pressure.

Try running foul rite for some crazy dmg on champs.

In either case I can imagine you could get some carrionling production going at the back of your shrine but you'll need a pretty big investment. 40 for the bag and 2+ aura rank 3 champs that damage each other. That's a pretty big tempo hit and lack of board pressure.

10. NevrGonaGivUup

You only need to use one aura 3 unit. Pustule works on the lings it summons, and the group of lings heal each other with aura.

Also, remember that neither the pustule or the putrid creeper are fully commited to the combo. They can move to apply pressure if necessary, then resume at any time.

Also, you could position the putrid creper to benefit from worm lord or pick up stray nora globes, then just walk back to resume production.

11. NevrGonaGivUup

https://poxbase.com/deck/cuHC6c74c7-c6mCdYch+CtBCfKcdUcdWClds1iS2os6_sns1ns2us59rTR=e1j
    the missing slot is creeping pustule.

My SP/FW worm deck. Quite possibly the strongest deck that I have ever played. Generates a ton of carrionlings, which have 15 hp with boost+banner. Then strength in numbers boosts them even further.

The best part is that consume resources lets you fall back to your shrine and set up the carrion generator if things go south and your opponent has font advantage.

12. yobanchi

Nice list NevrGonaGivUup!

Actually that's pretty interesting take on it although I'm not sold on the cavern keeper or the bad blood. I'd almost think you'd want to max your numbers spell to x2 along with your surge worm units. Perhaps dropping dusk for bloodworm/rotmaw creeps.

Makes me want to test this out again, thanks.

13. NevrGonaGivUup

Cavern keeper is for healing, which is extremely efficient on the collosus due to propagate. Optional if you don't like healing.

Bad blood is in there as a meta spell, and by that i mean in most top decks, like UD and FW meta, all their champs have a shared race. Again optional, you could run something like avalanch instead.

2x strength in numbers seems excessive, because its fairly situational. Its most efficient when you have loads of carrion, and you're being engaged upon.

I dont want to drop dusk, because im low on ranged units already. If i had a second eye that would be a good replacement.

14. Netherzen

My take on SP/FW worms.

fesh.JPG

Consume resource is key part since it makes necrosis even stronger.
    Armored fesh is tanky and has swap 3 which helps parasitic fesh and albino fesh.
    Bloodfiends,carrion titan and putrid all benefit greatly from healing sustainer,cavernmogahealer and speckled fesh devourerable ability provide.
    Ghern pyro for range and grant death nova.Exploding worms.
    Implant is also amazing,it grants all worms 3 ap and spawns a fesh.

15. NevrGonaGivUup

What's the spell in between essence drain and implant? I don't recognize the picture. Also, skull of decay seems unusual when you have so many healing sources in your deck.

16. Netherzen

False orders,rare SP spell.

Skull of decay only affects enemy healing.

17. Netherzen

Albino fesh has boost,so you can get 15 hp carriolings.
    Might be an option to explore.Polluted matry x2,carrionx1,postules x2 for max worm generation.Gravewatcher for cooldown and reanimate.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  18. NevrGonaGivUup

Unlimited Carrion Works.png

Current version. I really like it, the only changes I would make (when I get the runes) would be:
    -1 Dusk
    -1 Cavernkeeper
    +1 Eye
    +1 Feshcaller Mika

Thinking about swapping harpoon for implant.

The biggest problem with this deck is swarm. Things like zombies, locust, etc are huge threats.

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

This is why BCS is core.

Also, it might be worth making a split faction forums post for split worms, because this is technically FF forums.

20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Preliminary notes from expansion: BZ gets buffed, Eye gets nerfed, Chattering Maw looks godly.