worries about the big change

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AmmonReros, Mar 29, 2014.

1. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

Multiple stacking debuffs upon hit, multiple forms of mobility and relocate, multiple forms of lockdown, many different forms of stealth... ferren are prime offenders when looking at a) complexity creep and b) "always run this champ and always deploy it" ... don't get me wrong, Coragh, Enforcer, Augur are also prime offenders, as are a couple of the minotaurs and several of the crazier "super-champs" out there... but get off your high horse about Ferren.

2. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

I am sorry Ferren are the poster child of what is wrong with pox.

Ferren focus is already completely ridiculous as a racial. (-1 speed, def and dmg) for getting hit by 1 attack. 50% less dmg for getting hit by 2. Stunned after that.

Then lets give them swap, hidden arctic, dodge, escape, hit and run, forage... I mean what?

3. PharumM

PharumM Member

you do realize that this is core idea of ferren to be as mobile as possible? that swaping and locking is the objective?
    and as i said no one ferren can lock you out
    yes you can use ancient implication on master and have one punch stun but that is combo and you need to cast spell or have some1 to put majestic
    but that's team work
    its not op at all you need to plan ahead twice as much for it to rly work
    not to mention non of the ferren have majestic on its own and stun is broken doesint show if target is stuned 1 or 2 and that is one important knowledge

and my high horses arent about ferren
    but about puting one champion wich is op as Firk vs whole theme
    ferren arent op ferren = synergy
    havent you noticed how rarerly people play ferren becouse its complicated to play like that

enforcer isint you just poke or block with masive def not to mention if put in if spli + hammerheart on it omfg
    corgath isint you just barf on everything once or twice nad rush font
    augur push into traps or abyss chasm

this is riddiculus

4. Greysands22

No PharumM it's ALL offensive... and I hope it all gets the kick in the teeth that it deserves to make this game fun again.

DarkJello likes this.
  5. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

All I can say is if the overhaul doesn't result in bucket loads of tears, they are doing it wrong. Like cutting out a bullet, it's going to hurt. A lot.

But I am convinced that ultimately everyone will realise that going back to basics does indeed create more depth in gameplay and that it makes the game more interesting for everybody, from newbie to veteran.

Regarding your Bowmage example... It's funny that you say that removing Blindfire and Evasive 2 would put him in the shoebox for you. The only reason you would put a champ like that in the show box is that such abilities are required now to keep up with the power creep. There used to be a time when Varu Howler wasn't just runnable, but one of the most efficient champs in the game. And he didn't even have that weird Ichor ability.

The game also had many issues back then (FW attrition, first turn initiative wins, and turtling maps come to mind), but the complexity creep is something else entirely and in no way required to solve any of those issues.

DarkJello and RedDain like this.
  6. Greysands22

I mean somebody explain to me the difference between elusive and arrow eater and why we need both.

I will then use your explanation as an example of how this has become too complex.

7. RedDain

Elusive is "no hit, unless stunned or paralyzed" while Arrow Eater is "no damage, add 50% damage to attacks" ... both related to ranged. So LOL will trigger on an arrow eater, but not on an elusive.

8. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

And Precision hits Elusive, but not Arrow Eater. /wink wink

9. Greysands22

Yup sounds complicated if what you really meant to say was "Don't attack this champ with range"

10. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

Not that I support the many different abilities that do almost the same thing... but Elusive champs CAN still get attacked by precisions champs or equipments like Murder. Arrow Eater is the real hard counter to range as they cannot get hit whatsoever. The idea I suppose was to make certain champs a bit more survivable through Elusive, but not completely immune to range attacks, like Arrow Eater champs. Though in all honesty, they could easily do away with Elusive and give said champs Absorb or something.

There's many stuff like this. Lot of different abilities that damn near do the same thing. I agree it's ridiculous.

11. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

we needed elusive to sell new runes because making more runes with arrow eater apparently wouldn't sell as well. this complexity reset is all well and good. but the reason for it still remains. just saying.

12. nico

nico I need me some PIE!

fanboys are ruinning poxnora

Saandro likes this.
  13. RedDain

Except under certain conditions (Precision > Elusive, LoL > Arrow Eater)

14. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

hell yeah. esp. that ridiculous barb racial. most complicated Bane Shift in the game right there

15. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

It looks like some of you don't understand how the change will affect the game.

If they remove 2-3 abilities from the current ferren, then match against the current Coragh, obviously it will be an unfair battle. Point is, they are planning to remove abilities from the current coragh too. They are not intended to be nerfed in the sense of putting below the power curve when compared to the rest of the runes, the idea is to remove complexity all across the game, lowering the power curve as a whole, hence, a ferren vs zombies after the revamp will be as hard as before the revamp.

But, it will take less time to learn and understand what the freak is going on every turn. It will be less complex. Are you afraid of the devs shoeboxing your favourite rune? Suck it up, peach. They will nerf mine too, and his favourite rune too, and everybody's favourite. Why "my", or "your", or "her" rune deserves any special treatment? If removing the DE Masochist from the meta will keep the game alive and improve the game as a whole... it sucks, yet still, it must be done what must be done.

My biggest fear? At one hand I am sure there will be such massive crying on the forums once the revamp goes live, I am afraid the developers may attempt to step back, and break the entire purpose of the change. Just like that developer: revamp the game, simplify the champions (getting ride of the whole cp system) and create a new meta. So far, so good. Then on the next expansion it released such massive powercreeped champions the revamp becomes irrelevant. And things goes down hill from there.

If I have any other fear is the owls may not put the right attention to some of the biggest culprits. Yeah, you are thinking on Snogvie, unholy tomb, momma bear, and so on. I'm thinking on specific abilities. Cones, breaths and bombs; teleport, tunnel and (to a lesser degree), leap; acolyte and several global abilities, like pain curse. Heck, ping was universally hated, yet it still around here. Do we actually need 3 ranks of said ability? Do we need the ping version on the stitched dreameater? Do we need it to be on a split hero with an equipment that grant perseverance? BTW, do the hero equipment need the refund clause?

But, hey, we can not apply the UD or IS or FK label to any of those abilities (because they are on many champions across many factions), so who cares? Nerf the FotM champion first.

Zenity and RedDain like this.
  16. PharumM

PharumM Member

i did just respond to what RedDain said was his idea of uncomplexifying things that i didint like
    my true worrries is that revamp will take huge amount of time not literarly implementation just the aftershock
    bugs
    glitches
    server unstability
    silly things like when you stelth champion xD he doesint realy stelth and enemy can see it now that was fun bug
    many more

17. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- This still hurts me.... guild wars 1...so epic, so full of customization. Guild wars 2.. "im holding a dagger...thank god..now I know spells" -_-

18. only

only Active Member

considering the reaction here, I doubt they will do anything dramatical. I just changed my mind. too many players would freak out seeing their rune being nerfed even if that's a part of big process. I already imagine all those threads asking why X was nerfed during revamp...

19. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

People don't seem to understand the purpose of a revamp. It isn't to nerf anything, kill customization or ruin depth/strategy. They want to undo years of powercreep that have pushed the game into a state of very little strategy and a large amount of crutching on broken runes. Simplifying champions into specific unique roles doesn't do anything to harm the depth and strategy that brought everyone to this game. If anything it should improve it because you have to actually plan your deck out rather then just tossing the same 12 champs that every other player in the game is running in their deck.

20. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Makes me wonder what new abilities the new champs will have and how they will try to limit new abilities on new champions this will be the true task.