X-Wing board game

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Atherhog, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

Anyone play?

I'm thinking of putting a set together for my kids... any tips on what's required to start playing?

2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I like Armada ( same company as X-wing)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I need to save up money for wave 2 expansions though.

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Massdrop usually has Armada going for 40-60% off.

Geressen likes this.
  4. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

None of my friends have the time, and none of my family have the patience (or brains), to learn games more complicated than Monopoly. I'm kinda the outcast in my immediate social network.

DarkJello and Geressen like this.
  5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

The feels.

fattyy2k, JazzMan1221 and Geressen like this.
  6. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

Dude, I feel ya. I work for a game company and am always like "hey wanna playa game??" And friends are like, "is it more complicated than like risk?" D,:

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I wish I had more time for gaming. The last game I picked up was Betrayal at House on the Hill.

8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I'm checking out the Tabletop episode about the X wing game

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Even the Engineers and Designers?!

10. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

I think we're going with Armada... should be good. The joys of having two geeky sons!

Geressen likes this.
  11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

If you're curious how X-Wing plays, here's the Tabletop episode.

Atherhog likes this.
  12. fattyy2k

Nah two of the designers play often, the other just is super busy. But no one else in that building be me and them plays. None of my friend are open to them at first (but I have my ways of persuasion)

13. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I could never get my buddies to sit through a game of Silent Death under a black light with fluorescent painted ships. I mean, the headache goes away after awhile. Geez.

14. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

@fattyy2k What games have you worked on?

15. fattyy2k

Personally none. I am not a game designer, more of a community organizer. I work for Wyrd Miniatures

16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

you can play it without the objectives but the empire is stronger in a straight up fight.

tie fighters are weak swarmers and front attack zone of their capitals is strongest. rebel fighters are stronger in dogfights and can if not stopped wreak havoc on your capitals with their bomber specials especially rebel wave 2 ships have good broadsides.

you can use up to 1/3rd of your points on fighters, personally I use the tie bombers including the Major Rhymer tie bomber character ( he hs an ability that makes other bombers withing distance 1 of him able to fire long range, meaning you can use them to shoot from 5 times as far as normal, especially handy since fighters cannot fire and move, unless activated by squadron command or other special abilities)

this is a nifty thing where you can select the expansions you have and build fleets based on what you have:
    http://armada.fabpsb.net/gindex.php

or let it generate random ones. try and make a bit of a story or campaign if you like.

also remember; Jar Jar is KEY to all of this:

( also to get you in the mood:

17. Ultima

Ultima I need me some PIE!

Organize a poxnora event :)

18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

fattyy2k likes this.
  19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015