Yeah... This is why this game needs more hands

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MikeLin, May 27, 2016.

1. MikeLin

MikeLin I need me some PIE!

2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

if we're thinking of the same thing i thought that unlocking those decks was supposed to let you use the runes in other decks, even if you couldn't change the specific unlocked one

that not true?

3. MikeLin

It is not. Bgs bought with gold are locked i.e. untradable, editable, removable, forgeble, etc

4. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

Themed deck are what you get and edit by gold

(Also, Elven Valour Themed Deck has more shard value than everything else if you don't trust your luck... I haven't get a Leg from boxes in months, so I switch to pure forging them from EV)

soulmilk, SPiEkY and Ohmin like this.
  5. defypain

defypain The King of Potatoes

Did someone say hands

6. MikeLin

Screenshots 2 New Player:
    I'm not even going to type nothing just screenshots from new players from now on in this thread:
    upload_2016-7-6_14-11-15.png

upload_2016-7-6_14-12-20.png

upload_2016-7-6_14-13-34.png

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

So just looked on site and in client and it doesnt say anywhere that the decks can be modified at all. The only exception are the 8 decks on the marketplace which can be modified and changed.

In fact that 1000 gold decks are specifically described as "static decks"

Pattn199 and SPiEkY like this.
  8. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Reading is hard tho

9. MikeLin

I had another post up but OK.

Anywho, wtf is a "static" deck? lol if this game ever gets kids again , u expect them to know that and read?

10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

If something is static it means that it cannot be changed.

Pattn199 and SPiEkY like this.
  11. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

... Yes, when we were kids and started this game we read, too, otherwise we would have gotten nowhere ... This game isn't for analphabets.

That said, the NUX is still not great and Pox is probably losing a lot of potential players from it.

aseryen, Pattn199 and SPiEkY like this.
  12. MikeLin

Because newbies are blind bats and nobody there to give them advice(not just runes). You guys know how many straight days people asked in general about advice on farming?

Anywho, I was hoping discussion would be about post #6 above if any is interested.

13. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

What Pox needs is Pox 2.0 with better graphics and be able to play it in mobile devices.
    GGWP best game ever created.
    Of course, all of us would "lose" all those precious runes we have atm, but maybe they could give us an entry deal or something like that.

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. MikeLin

That new player experience is still aids. That it has been two years and it is still aids when it was a big known problem pre-revamp. @DrakeArron(answering your reply here) That we CAN find new players through ads and PS4 release, however we can't keep them for obvious reasons. That before the last couple of days, people rarely helped other newbies when I was on; hell, somebody even made a thread like 2 weeks ago asking the devs to sponsor mods that specialize in answering questions. The list goes on, but I don't really want to rant.

15. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Incidentally, a daily login bonus (slightly different than rewards for daily play) is not uncommon to see in F2P games, but statistically actually has very little effect in terms of retention.

The reason is that players who care about the rewards are already retained, and players who aren't retained aren't enticed by extra rewards for something they don't care about.

That said, it's something that's "easy" to implement and games just copy each other and implement the same features over and over even when the data shows they don't work.

aseryen, Gnomes and jeeperz2 like this.
  16. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

Well one of those players just down right didn't know what the firk he was doing and didn't bother to read anything lol...

SPiEkY likes this.
  17. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Wooo, now I get stuff whenever I occasionally log in to think about playing and then decide not to and just watch a few games.

On a serious note, in my personal experience that's true: there are many games that give you daily log in rewards, but for most of them I CBA if I'm never actually going to use the free stuff I get. Whereas I remember a while ago when I started, I literally logged in for 30mins each day for a whole month just doing the dailies (back when they gave more than they do now) to afford a box. I doubt that not having to play a game is going to make a difference to whether people play the game.

Pattn199 likes this.
  18. MikeLin

I agree that free rewards for login without playing any games is dumb. But, since Pox is a Multiplayer game(i.e. you play with other people), I think a system like this from league is much better:
    • A win, in any game type except custom, will award the "First Win of the Day" bonus if available. This bonus is a fixed 150 IP which is not affected by boosts or penalties. When awarded, this bonus becomes unavailable for 22 hours. http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Influence_Points
    As stated in my paper before (http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/analysis-paper-of-pox.11684/#post-165201), Poxnora has always been and will be a game designed and played around Multiplayer. It literally doesn't make any sense how half of the current dailies system is based on some chore like tasks that we have to play everyday, while our game trademark(multiplayer) reward only gives 150g for winning a PvP. Furthermore, some dailies(like the boss ones) are extremely hard for newer players to complete due to their lack of game knowledge and runes.

Lastly, it is just silly how f2p players are stuck in campaigns all day to farm material(based on crappy rng) and low gold drops when it is supposed to be a Multiplayer game.

Pattn199 likes this.
  19. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I love first win of the day bonuses (I'd actually like to do first win of the day with each faction/split) and actually it's on my list of stuff... but so is a ton of other stuff.

Pattn199 likes this.
  20. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Sounds like overdoing it, people will feel cheated that they can't get all the rewards. Rather one big reward for the first game won, I'd say.