Young Turks reveal the truth about USA Police Violence and it's roots.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Dec 15, 2015.

1. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

The race of murderers was unknown 29.7% of the time in 2014.

Whites were 66.3% of the population in 2014, but were identified as the murderer 31.4% of the time.

Blacks were 19.5% of the population in 2014, but were identified as the murderer 37.2% of the time.

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I was joking.

It was merely a mirror of the sentiment that somehow when something goes wrong in the US under Obama's reign, it's his fault.

DarkJello likes this.
  3. DarkJello

I don't blame Obama for this problem. But I don't think he has helped in the slightest.

4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

so are you trying to say blacks are more murderous or that blacks still have worse socio-economic conditions leading to a higher murder rate?

or that europes murder rate and excessive police shootings is lower overall not because of better gun laws and social systems but because there are less black people?

5. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

what things do you think have gone right (or better) as a result of obama?

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Are you trying to highlight the entrenched flaws in the justice system and underlying racial biases? I mean, cool, agreed, just not exactly what I would expect based on your past posts.

7. DarkJello

Certainly you don't believe that entrenched flaws in the justice system are the one and only explanation for such a disparity in murder by race?

Osama Bin Laden was killed after President Obama gave the order to engage, in spite of hideout in Pakistan.

Being a good father, funding for women's health, green energy investments, exporting a chunk of illegals, and helping Syrian refugees.

It is very, very, very tough for me to compliment President Obama.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Nope, I think economic trends, legal structure, and personal racism also have plenty to do with it. You're quite right that there's more than one sociological element at play here.

DarkJello likes this.
  9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Because your dislike of the establishment or you just dislike what he does for the country?

10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

This just in: being poor makes you murder people.

DarkJello likes this.
  11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I think more that being poor leads to more often resorting to illegal means of gaining wealth and power in the absence of funds to take the legal path.

12. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

If you are scum, sure. Otherwise you just live life and be happy. I was beyond poor when I was young. Wouldn't have had it any other way since I might have also missed some of the joy I experienced.

DarkJello likes this.
  13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

deep down half the people are scum, all it takes is oppertunity, and one bad day.
    [​IMG]

14. DarkJello

I, too, was dirt poor growing up. But, unlike every other poor person, I never even tried to murder anyone.

Weird, amirite?