Zombies need some help dealing with tanks

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by super71, Jun 16, 2016.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Been staring at a draksar hunchback for a solid 20 turns, I opted to remove my dooms because I felt they were too overpowered and like staying in-theme. They either need more damage auras, more bombs or something right now the zombie with the highest damage is abomination for 16 damage for 79 nora. 16 damage against hunchback with 9 defense, regen 2, sl bonus, and sapping armor is hilarious not to mention nobody wants to run abomination at 79 nora.

They need more ways to hit through defense with their poor damage and no ways too boost damage like other themes. On top of their pathetic damage, they are also the slowest theme in the game.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

... What? Use the answers available, and if those don't work, then come to the forums to inquire about alternatives.

Qucas and newsbuff like this.
  3. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Locust Swarm from A.Corpse reduces Def but if you are struggling then run Bladed Corpse with Shred Defense. Obviously you know about breaths and auras ignoring defense as well but out of theme there is the multitudinous ways that FW have to deal with problematic champs.

super71 likes this.
  4. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Reaper's Blade could work if you don't like Doom. Essence Drain is also a good option, or Soulreave if you've got problems dealing with Tough/Resistances. As for in-theme options, Bladed Corpse is probably your best bet.

super71 likes this.
  5. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

If the tanks you're running into are tough to take down because of high defense and healing, you can (as previously mentioned in the thread) use bombs and Locust Swarms. In addition you've also got Rabid and auras to chip away at a beefy target.

To counter healing you can always run Festering Wounds, TRY Skull of Decay, or Inhibiting Touch on that new zombie.

And if all else fails, just shut the hell up and run Doom.

super71 likes this.
  6. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Zombie Behemoth can whop out a ton of damage provided you're smart enough to not run KB 1. (KB 3 is good guys jesus christ) locusts swarms are easy damage, risen mogas got some good damage disease breath and frankly 1 reapers blade is never a bad option either since it can be helpful to actually make your fleshweaver a credible threat.

Makorov likes this.
  7. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Reapers plade in zombies for surprises! Slap that on your dead little fairy and go to town.

Also yeah, tried skull of decay and it's pretty darn good for soaking up healz and protecting vs enemy seisms.

super71 likes this.
  8. potatonuts

I've won quite a few games that i should have lost just because the enemy avatar got a liiiiiiittle too close to my Dead Fairy.

Qucas, super71 and yobanchi like this.
  9. super71

Over time my zombies typically just wear everyone down, but i'd really like to have that one high damage zombie brawler like every other theme in the game has. All the things you guys listed i've done besides reapers blade, mostly because it's a silly mechanic and terribly unbalanced.

10. potatonuts

That one champion you are referring to would be Mairdreth, though due to her cost she tends to be a high risk. Necrotaur isn't such a bad choice either to be honest, i just hate looking at it.

Black Death in general is zombies' answer to low damage, the unfortunate side of it is that of the few champions that can take it, some of them are quite expensive. You could just try running Corpse Golem and Fleshblight with it though, both of them get some nice damage due to Manic/Aura as they also get 50% bonus damage from BD.

11. super71

Mairdreth has too many sand-bags and being a x2 unit makes her a big target. Necrotaur is also a x2 unit, I think of necrotaur lost flight and got rabid 1 instead of rabid 2 it might make him playable. Making mairdreth have desecrated zone 2, losing 1 damage, 2 hp, and going to 1 range might make her playable also.

I would say give mairdreth desecrated zone 1 but idk if that would work considering mairdreth is a x2 units.

12. potatonuts

Desecrated Zone is actually kinda underrated on Mairdreth, a unit like that attracts lots of spell attention so having that big dmz around her is pretty useful. The only change for her that i would currently support is giving her Rabid 1 as an option on U1 as she is mainly all in and the extra nora on dots is kind of useless. Other than that she is worth the cost, she hits like a truck and when used in tandem with Elsarin Night she can be really hard to deal with.

13. super71

Ehh she is 87 nora at her cheapest for a champ with very little defenses other than dmz. The reason she doesn't see play is she is too expensive and doesn't give you enough bang for your buck.

14. potatonuts

She is an offensive champion, her high damage and Black Death mean she hits for 21 damage if you just apply rabid first. She isn't supposed to sit there soaking damage she is supposed to go HAM and one round champs getting you a swarm in the process.

The reason she isn't run is because she is expensive, risky and not disposable. Champions like Coragh and Korsien fit the FW playstyle much better.

15. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I'm sad she can't get the aura + black death anymore... sadface

Also she lost her only worshipper. Wretched Witch no longer can be run alongside her.

16. potatonuts

Wretched Witch is a bit of a sorry state.

17. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

I switched from KB1 to KB3 after reading this and I have to say it's actually helped out quite a bit! You can use your own meat as a wall to get off a KB much more often than I had thought. At first I was a little wary of jacking up his cost, but the 2 Nora is totally worth it lol
    Thanks!