I waiting on Sok to do math on 2x drown...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anotherblackman, Mar 3, 2016.

?

IS drown a skilled rune?

1. Yes cuz it takes skill to ya know point and click.

18 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No Cuz its being ran 2x... nothing ran 2x is skillful, thats why its ran 2x!

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

I don't make threads nerfing stuff I lost too, I make threads of stuff that the devs should know better by now.

Inconsistent balance because of that horse sht argument of flavor died with pox mid 2015 all that is left now is basic math to balance this game

If I wanted the IS equal spot removal here is one of it was on par with drown spell:

Brain damage

Nora cost 55 Nora

If target champion is stunned or paralyzed, it dies.

Now think of how hard it is to stun or paralyzed with IS.

Since all stuns in IS cost atleast 40 nora using this spell would be well over 90 Nora

See what I'm getting at?

Would this effect be balanced?

If you say yes upvote this post so we can get this spell made cause I want to point and click win also(rip blink)

2. Leogratz

Leogratz Devotee of the Blood Owl

So, blink, divinity touch, instill panic, vertical push... They all also can give you a similar positional advantage as drown, as well as have other uses, are not as restricted as drown, have a smaller tempo hit... And can only be counter played specifically by spell blocking mostly.
    At least you can try to avoid water and make the FS player invest 100+ Nora on that kill... How about those others?

3. Anotherblackman

Oh gawd I was waiting for this:

Blink>drown? So stalling a unit and killing your own is better than death. Check.

Div touch- see blink vs drown argument except you protected and stalled a unit, also doesn't work when a font or deployment zone is nearby or when the font is being controlled by the enemy

Tldr: It takes more depth to div touch something vs drown.

div touch means you got a break for 50 Nora. drown is 80 (not counting favor cuz it don't exist in fs apparently)for a kill as long as its a small unit. Plus the cost of the globe to redux in a defense setup situation.

Instill panic: really bro? I mean it's good, but instill panic... This spell can be best compared to murk water rather than drown, but let me guess 1 damage, 1 def and 3 speed on an aoe debug is worst.

Vp: ball baller never goes a bg without two. Just as skilled as drown

Also how does one avoid water? This is the dinner argument that I eat up everytime cause this is purely unreal to accomplish.

You move into the water to deal damage to kill something, FS rebuttles with drown.
    You Play defensive, they rush you with water abilities and relics and still drown.

Play defensive to not get drowned at all you lose control of map vs a faction like FS where map control is an uphill battle because of how cheap and mobile those units in that faction are and at that point they usually just derp around with any snow balling(fury or the witch hopper) while using spells (like drown or hippos) to maintain constant pressure.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  4. Leogratz

Leogratz Devotee of the Blood Owl

Killing your own unit with blink? Have I been out for so long that IS lost all healing sources? Last time I've saw, the most efficient healing sources were there.

5. Anotherblackman

So on top of healing the damage from blink (which is per round 10, heal champion 3 is 2 CD.) I also have to heal the constant damage being wailed on me by my opponent trying to get his unit back, which is all he needs to do to make this spell redundant.

sounds loads more simple than point and click death sir.

Also the damage is loss of life and works on relics AND if used on a 2X2 deals damage to all units in the spaces.

So again... Blink >drown. Check.

Catch 22s for me from my own spells.

6. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Remove drown from the game. Who cares. Such a ridiculous spell. Jab has a 100 other things to nerf in this game. Poor IS just the worst faction has such a hard time countering things and worst healing and range options. Er ma gerd.

Sealer0 likes this.
  7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

drown and similar instant death runes and rune combinations need to be redesigned/reworked.

Even essence drain is stupid. It should probably deal 50% max hp loss of life over 2-3 turns and cost less nora.

Or it should deal reduced % instantly and cost less nora.

Ballballer likes this.
  8. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

Stuff like that takes no skill and permit game changing turns. I agree with you here, no-brainer champion murder runes need to be redesigned.

9. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

like half the runes in the game need to be redesigned/reworked. the people doing the past revamps didnt have adequate knowledge of the games pvp, especially its competitive pvp and didnt get enough help from the players who did. Also the game now is much different than when some of these runes were first released, early in poxnoras existence.

10. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

I have an odd feeling that maybe if they were to revamp the revamp the game would balance out, considering now they know how Pox functions.

11. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

they dont, lol. very few people do.(there arent enough highly skilled players who play enough and none of the devs are skilled active players) You have to play the game seriously and successfully with the majority of the factions to really understand how the pvp works.

I dont mean this in a disrespectful way but the devs are noobs. They seem to be improving alot tho recently, I have noticed alot of good changes made to several themes outside of the amp/acolyte disaster.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  12. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Everyone realizes this man, the rune has been talked about over and over again. Positional advantage and capping mid-font is all pox has been about since release pretty much. Their really is no way to nerf it further unless we increase the nora cost again, or remove the spell, or re-work it entirely.

Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing drown reworked to

Drown- 50-65 nora

Target opposing unit is relocated to furthest water space and gains wandering for 4 turns. or

Drown- similar nora cost

All equipment and relics within aoe 3 are destroyed, you gain nora equal to 50% of your relics and equips destroyed and friendly salaman in the area gain +1 damage per relic, equip.

13. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

yup thats it, players scared their expensive investment super champs will get drowned... honestly you need counters in this game for the super champs with like 20+ abilities and statuses. Every faction needs counters for these stupid broken decks.

anyway, drown sounds far from perfect as it is now. its expensive and doesnt effect almost 2 factions plus flyers etc.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  14. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Shielded.

15. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Just popping in this thread to say that i dont think ive ever run 2 VPs in a deck. I almost always run it x1 though. Get yo facts straight child

Leogratz and Cydna like this.
  16. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

@Sokolov

Drown should be like Blink, Banish, and Vortex. It should be the following.

Target champion occupying water is removed from play. At the end of 2 turns, this champion returns to play in the nearest font zone and becomes Slowed and Distracted. (55 nora)

17. Anotherblackman

Actually... FS may not have units that are do everything units without closing out the nora bank, the units they have had are capable of matching super champion potential.

Pygmy hippo spell is the biggest in my mind not like it matters anymore because it's "bad" but when it was meta, a mini tank on demand from fs used to wreck.

Turn a few later wavecrusher shenanigans, units like the snaptooth shaman with escalated damage Moog and any one of the piranids and FS units are just as "super" as any other faction. The difference is they lack spells that buff those units so they involve spells to disintegrate champions that can stand a piranid powerturn.

18. Anotherblackman

Make this spell:

Sudden entrapment

Target rock or vegetation location is covered in a pitfall.

The first small champion or summon to enter that space is dead. If the champion is large, then it takes 35 damage and gains lethargic.

Nora cost 60

So that way IS. can have derp click comboes Nora cost might be low but you can counter by being smart and by putting a summon in the space.

Instant death check, clause that hardly matters to balance it, check.

19. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Hey iajab, when will you make an IS nerf thread?

BurnPyro likes this.
  20. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Drown is nowhere near as powerful as a number of other auto-includes in other factions.

Anyone that thinks 80 nora isnt a tempo hit can't do math.

I also agree that hippos are stronger...

As far as cliffdiving go...is it not easy to just make chasm spaces Impassable terrain? Flying units can go over but if they lose flying on top of it they die. Large units can stay the way they are I guess?