I waiting on Sok to do math on 2x drown...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anotherblackman, Mar 3, 2016.

?

IS drown a skilled rune?

1. Yes cuz it takes skill to ya know point and click.

18 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No Cuz its being ran 2x... nothing ran 2x is skillful, thats why its ran 2x!

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Cuz you can pay 150 nora to kill 175+(legit plus btw) nora worth of champions and that is completely fair according to DoG developers apparently.

See what im getting at?

SaintKiwi likes this.
  2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Where did the water come from?

3. Anotherblackman

Now see I used to be like... yeah water cost nora...

then all these uits that make it for existing, don't take up wildcard bg space(you can include this from FS with basic deck making skills)

the Circidian rite thingy?

The Snaptooth shrine that gives Essense capture so its free after it gets deployed...

Any unit with Splash Splash Splash ability -derp

tide master and any unit with Water aura(aka drown aura)

The Drown generator that is cheap AF...

And The FS avatar itself makes it for free...

So you got 2 free sources, 1 that cost nora but gives a win condition via an alternate damage type and regeneration also with being a hidden relic, a relic that if untouched can cover the entire map in water, multiple sources of splash splash splash-derp, multiple sources of drown aura.

So yeah what about the water?

I mean I have even seen them run monsoon to drown flying units... but that is the only time, that spell is even played these days cuz he/she is scared he won't be able to drown.

See

What

I

AM

Getting

At

YET?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  4. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

So basically what you're saying is that the water doesn't magically appear? It either requires yet another nora investment on top of the 75 for drown, or another champ that you can see coming from a mile away? I mean generally the only way a champs getting drowned is if they spend 100+ nora for it or you decide to let a tide master walk up and tidal wave you.

Also I laughed at the whole ''FS avatar makes water for free'' argument you have there. You could always try moving off of the water he made at the end of his turn.

mortal ix, Leadrz, Ohmin and 7 others like this.
  5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Drown is 80 nora.

mortal ix, Leadrz, Ohmin and 7 others like this.
  6. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Drown is a weird rune. One of the most expensive spells in the game, but its generally worth it because its such a strong effect. However, its not perfect, because it has so many conditions attached to it, the least of which is the water gen required. The fact that it cant target Plants, Undead, Elementals,Flying units, or Amphibious units makes it unreliable as a deck inclusion, as it becomes 100% useless against the entire FS faction and 95% of FW. Basically, it needs a redesign to be less binary (kill or nothing).

Maybe something like:
    Target champion occupying water gets the Drowning condition for x turns/until it leaves water. (Drowning: this champion loses 25% of its max hp at the end of each of its turns if it is occupying water.) This cannot be cleansed.

Thats the bare bones idea, flying giving immunity would be optional. Cost would be drastically reduced.

Ifem21, Kendoshi and newsbuff like this.
  7. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

Instakill is gay. Jab is right.

8. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Also slaver whip and cliffdive.

mortal ix, Tweek516, super71 and 3 others like this.
  9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Cliffdiving is on my list, but there are some hurdles.

mortal ix and Atherhog like this.
  10. Anotherblackman

Im saying FS no longer has to go out of the way for water generation... and if they do, its because they want to Win via crutching on this spell.

That is the true argument.

And Because of this drown is over the top.

11. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

1000 times more annoying than drown.

Yes, I know it's less consistent.

mortal ix, Alakhami and doubtofbuddha like this.
  12. prymusedek

prymusedek I need me some PIE!

Pls stop drown been nerfd like hundred times and people still are complaining :/

U make me sick with all your that's bad that's OP bullsh** just cuz u lost to it :/

13. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Hippoes makes me rage more than drown.

With drown I know they've payed at least the champ cost for the kill. With hippoes they spend 55 Nora to kill it.

Tends to work like this. A ranged champ or Pinger caps a font. I contest. Get hit twice, hippoes, dead. I'm screwed out of Nora, a font, and position. I can't avoid this in any reasonable way.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  14. Netherzen

Hippos can get countered by rebuke or blockade but such abilities are not common.
    I have often seen or experienced the same for gale force and ST.
    Gale can do 21 damage to a single champion.
    Even tho you need something to knockback against,i have seen ST players always do well with gale.
    If you clump your champions toghther or get pulled by fascinate then gale force can decide the match.
    There is a reason that spell is 2 auto.

15. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Dear gods man, the spell costs 80 nora. Get gud and stop trying to make super champs. Also why are you playing so many runes that cost almost 90 nora ? When my opponent drowns almost all my champs they usually lost nora.

My only problem with drown is when in a font in a 1vs1 contest because then it's just an insta-win.

16. Kendoshi

Kendoshi I need me some PIE!

The difference here is FS has a lot of extra nora they can use, so spellspamming as FS is a smart thing and very strong. Gale can be countered with good positioning, while Hippos and Drown cannot. Well drown to some extent but hippos not really.

17. Netherzen

Until they place their own champions or relics in the way.

Rebuke and blockade?

18. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Hippoes cost 60 nora now.

19. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

The spell is just a little out of line and the first reason why is because FS generates extra nora so it doesn't take much of a tempo hit when they cast 55 to 80 Nora spells. Second reason is because it can totally give you a big advantage by getting rid of champ that may have had an equipment on it and because it can give a huge positioning advantage, especially if you captured a font.

The spell has won games for me that I would have lost if it wasn't for it. It does have its cons but it has more pros than cons and thats why it's ran.

I play FS myself and this definitely needs to be looked into.

20. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

None of you are grasping the basic concept of drown. Do you not realize that the nora cost (80) is actually quite low for what it does? Allow me to explain, first off, one of the MINOR parts of it is it allows you to instakill a champion, which can be pretty big for itself. But on top of instantly killing a champion, it gives good positional advantage as long as more comfortable and open field play for the user. It allows for a better font contesting battle, shifting the favour into the user's. Drown isn't used just for instakilling a champion, but used to gain an unfair advantage in other aspects.

Edit: What I'm trying to say is, Drown does a lot more than just what it shows with its description. Nowadays, positional advantage and being able to cap mid font before the enemy is actually significantly game changing.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016