Came back after a many long years..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrakeArron, Jun 20, 2023.

1. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

Hi.. i'm, well, me. More on that in a bit..

When i left, apparently, i was doing so with the intention to check back when the new client released..
    I think, in truth, the community was the main issue; i was far more stressed and in flux back then, and fights of balance and the like make up half my notifs.
    I recognize i hate argument now enough to burn many bridges to fleeing it.

I also am very different, in some ways literally different persons perhaps even..;

- Figured out im trans, nonbinary specifically, use 'they/them' . Albeit, not so much i cant find some comfort in masculine stuff still.

- Figured out im what i call 'inherintly inclusive anarchist', or, i have a intrinsic tendency to dislike authority- especially when the heirarchy in question harms or excludes others. To a degree i think of this as genetic, and entirely beneficial, though idk to what degree. Ill try to avoid mentioning the topic much though..

- Figured out , or rather re-discovered, I'm ('we're') plural. More commonly known as 'DID' though not all plurality is disordered, in fact perhaps even most of it isnt. As a result, typing naturally switch between 'i' and 'we' a lot. ...i think even back when i was here, i thought in my head with 'we' a lot.

I dont expect anyone here to understand what this last thing is, or even neccesarily support 'us' in it, but i/we recall it from a child. when we were posting here, we'd forgotten much of our childhood, and theres still only flashes. But theyre there. The effects are too..
    ( Info site if curious- https://morethanone.info/ )

Ironically perhaps, though understandably, before regaining these parts of myself i first lost many of my memories from when i waa here, before, and after. Due to further traumas and pains..
    These lost memories are mainly what led me to keep an eye on this game occaisonally, since it made an impact.

I think, members of this community where among the first people to show me true, mutual, no-strings kindness.

..plus the game is just the kind i really vibe with.

With its competitors becoming worse or nonviable for me due to various reasons, on one of my look-ins i by chance saw the post for the discord,
    And was happy to see that not only has this community kept going,
    But that the game is now (for the most part) community-led.

And, as a intersectional minority,
    Inherent anti-heirarchy,
    Person(s) for whom some of the first mutual kindness was from people here.
    I couldnt ask for a better result, then what this game has become <3

I dont know that I'll post more outside of this thread at all,
    And if i do probably not for a while.
    To change or add to my forum account here more then this post feels almost like overwriting my own history..

But, in symbolism, posting this thread felt like the right thing to do.

Thank you, all of you whom read this.
    This games existence and the community have helped shape my life, however subtly.
    To see it still here meant more then i can say <3
    Farewell,
    Drake Arron
    aka Lins and/or Lind

P.s i am in the discord ('lin_', until name change 'update' anyway..) but avoid posting other then bug reports. Dms are open, though id prefer to do dms here tbh <3

Last edited: Jun 20, 2023