Can we still not save our progress during campaign maps?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Halius, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Halius

Halius The King of Potatoes

I sunk a LOT of money into this game years ago, but in no way did I feel like I was "done playing" or done spending cash--I LOVE THIS GAME--except for the ONE thing that drove me away: I mostly played for the single-player campaigns and LOVE that aspect of the game, but my life was simply too busy to set aside time for three to six-hour gaming sessions (I like to take my time).

I used to try to just leave maps running while I slept or worked, but inevitably, almost every time, something would happen to cause the game session to disconnect, and that was that.

I've wanted to say something about this for years, but the same reasonable, rational thought always rose to the surface, "If they knew how to add a save game feature, they would have done so long ago." Or, years before that, "I'm sure they'll get around to it, I'll just be patient." But today, I'm deciding to give you my feedback, since I guess that's what these forums are for.

These days when I want a "PoxNora fix," I load up some old dusty game like Guardians of Graxia or Etherlords, or similar games I've found on Steam or GOG which don't even hold a candle to PoxNora in terms of my own personal enjoyment. There's really nothing out there like PoxNora, believe me, I've looked!

I'm going to guess that PoxNora would have made at least another several hundred dollars off me over the past several years. But, owing to my busy lifestyle, unless something has changed, I'm unable to justify investing money into it, and literally unable to invest my time due to the game's software limitations. I've barely gotten any use out of the several hundred dollars I already sank in to it.

So there it is. Took a few years but I finally said it. This is the single, solitary reason why PoxNora lost me as a customer.

Not shaking my fist.

Not demanding you program a save progress feature just for me.

Just telling you why I've been unable to play PoxNora for most of the game's history. Peace.

super71 and OriginalG1 like this.
  2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Would be a nice feature. And also a side-product of a possible implementation of something play-by-e-mail-style, where two players play asynchronously by sending a savegame back and forth. Age of Wonders III has that feature.

Halius and super71 like this.
  3. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Neat idea but campaigns are fairly easy to beat unless they are buggy, if the Owls had the man power it would be an awesome idea to implement though.

Halius likes this.
  4. SomeYY

SomeYY New Member

Me too, I play single player campaign only and is kind of annoying that I get interrupted by RL and can't make it back for however long the auto-disconnect time is... Sure, I only loose maybe up to 1hr of progress maybe but still annoying...

Halius likes this.
  5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Actually a feature like this already exists to some extent. You can already resume a campaign if you disconnect. What we might be able to do is adjust the timer to give you more time to reconnect which would functionally become a save feature. I will talk to the programmers to see if that is a viable solution.

darklord48, SomeYY and Halius like this.
  6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

One caveat is of course that this will not persist indefinitely and would also be wiped when the servers went down but the servers do not come down that often. This might be able to be adjusted however. No promises of course. :)

SomeYY and Halius like this.
  7. Halius

Halius The King of Potatoes

Wow thank you, TBH I did not really expect a positive response to this thread (you know what they say, hope for the best, prepare for the worst).

I did see this come up once in the SOE days, lots of positive replies from players, but far more trolling and not a single dev reply.

I for one am a big believer in compromise, especially if it could mean getting to come back to play one of my favorite PC games of all time. The day I get to sit down and enjoy some campaigns again (and buy more!), I'll be a very happy customer.

Thank you for considering this request. :)