CIA says Russia influenced US election to help Trump win

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sokolov, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

2. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

I am confused right now.

3. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

hes saying don't give up hope, there may be a nuclear war yet.

4. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

In a third WW scenario, what place do you guys think will be the safest?

5. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

6. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

do you really want to survive a nuclear war? I mean, I don't even like camping.

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Well, apparently there are so many that we can't even name one.

8. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Some chill South American country. I have my eyes on Uruguay.

9. Sokolov

Outside of nukes...
    Andorra?!

10. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

More news, sort of, regarding this topic:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/02/politics/digital-fingerprints-russia-hacking/

Essentially Woolsey is saying it seems likely/certain that Russians hacked, but that it's not as simple as that, as there are probably many others that may have penetrated the system. It didn't seem like any part of the article discussed whom Woolsey thought put out the Podesta and DNC emails. Which seems like a valid question if he believes it likely that multiple entities penetrated those systems, I'm not sure if it's the assumption of CNN and/or Woolsey that being responsible for penetrating the system would automatically make Russia responsible for the dissemination of information as well.

When Woolsey was asked about Trump's comments and whether or not Trump was essentially messing with the media/public, Woolsey described it as a dialogue, and acknowledged that Trump is good at talking his way around things.

Earlier, Trump had indicated that he knows more about the hacks than the public, and would release more information soon.

McCain has largely increased his rhetoric, not quite calling for war directly... but then kicking out diplomats and applying sanctions have historically been seen as acts of war... and McCain feels that Obama's actions in this regard didn't go far enough. He plans to hold hearings in Congress once they are back in session.

11. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

Fricken McCain dude..comes off as a warmonger on almost everything lol as far as obamas actions i think its a mismatch. I almost always think you retaliate in kind. If they hit you underhanded without saying a word, you do the same to them. Obamas method seemed more to hobble Trump a little rather than actually do anything.

12. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Interview of Assange, worth a watch if you can spare 40 min.:

SPiEkY likes this.
  13. Sokolov

upload_2017-1-6_14-49-37.png

Trump: "I won't go to intelligence briefings because they are boring. I don't agree with the intelligence community's assessments and think they are trying to de-legitimize me. Russian hacking isn't something to be concerned about and is just a witch hunt. But we should investigate if I am not told something first."

That said, leaks of top secret information IS serious and should be investigated. However, this is under the purview of the FBI, not Congress - but Trump has repeatedly demonstrated that he doesn't understand how the US government actually works.

Geressen and BurnPyro like this.
  14. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

beautifull, like watching a train crash in slow motion from a distance.

I hope from a far enough distance, but at least I am not in that train.

BurnPyro likes this.
  15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Shocking, this is the first time I have received information pointing towards Trump being a massive hypocrite.

Geressen likes this.
  16. Sokolov

I also like how his problem with this is "prior to me seeing it first" and not the fact that top secret information may have been leaked.

He continues to demonstrate via his words and actions that he cares more about himself than the country.

Geressen likes this.
  17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Shocking, this is the first time that I have received information pointing towards *choose one/both
    • Trump being an incredibly self-absorbed and selfish man.
    • Trump displaying all the standard signs of a Fascist.

18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

what about it strikes you as Fascist?

SPiEkY likes this.
  19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

What about Trump doesn't strike you as a Fascist?

20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I thought we were speaking only about this particular instance?