Daily quest

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Regulate, May 5, 2014.

1. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Is absurd. It gives you like 600 gold, I didn't realise this.

Why does pox want to reward me for spending 5 minutes doing some mindless activity with a totally rigged deck. I mean, come on, why would you do it any other way.

Why not remove this and add a +500 gold first game of the day bonus to playing ranked. Might actually have more people playing the game then!

Xinde likes this.
  2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Not everyone even likes ranked.

Morfeas likes this.
  3. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Yeah sorry sometimes I forget people play this single player, still confuses me. To each their own I guess.

4. Boozha

I personally only do raked games when I feel in top form, which leads to me playing about 3 ranked games a week. Then I don't want to spend so much money, so I farm a lot of gold in SP. By time, I'm a SP gamer.

SPiEkY likes this.
  5. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Get a job?

Morfeas and Dagda like this.
  6. Boozha

As an university student, thats unlikely to happen, isn't it ...

Edit: Oh, you weren't replying to me ... darn ignore

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  7. Boozha

Sorry to tell you, but I actually have you on ignore, not Jib.

... Wait, does that mean you don't have me on ignore? Come on, DMB, lets get along

8. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Still, the hypothetical 20 alt week grind for pack doesn't sound practical. If you want to do dailies for fraction of pennies an hour, looking at some job offers might be a better investment.

SPiEkY likes this.
  9. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Under 10 might be pushing it but whatever, let's say we add logging in/loading/random lag and put it at a round 10 (which I doubt but go ez math).

You do this on 10 accounts. Gives you 750 per for 1h40 of your time. You'll get a pack after 4.6 let's be real, 5 days. So across those accounts, time invested etc you get a "box" after 8/9 hours.

That's what, ~3$/hour***? Yeah, dunno. If you're a teenager with nothing better to do that's ok I guess?

***fake edit : wait for some reason I thought boxes were still at 30, they're actually 17,50. So that actually brings it at a little under 2$/h. Point still stands.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  10. Boozha

I can do one daily in three minutes usually. Good thing is that the AI doesn't have much on the field as opposed to campaigns.

Edit: By this I am not saying that it would be particulary worthwhile ...

11. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I'm fully aware the math doesn't hold up because you're "saving" (for lack of a better term) money, you're not making anything. Unless the 2nd market still going strong with lots of high profile 50$+ rune sale.

But I'm guessing it's not.

Bottom line, enjoy your free pack every once in a while.

12. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- First casual, first ranked, Every 3 ranked wins.... Should all be giving a modest gold reward. We should want to reward all forms of gameplay.

GabrielQ likes this.
  13. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

We are actually playing with some ideas, but we do need to settle on one that has a proper balance of time commitment vs reward. If we make it too easy to earn gold then there isn't a reason for players to spend money and without money Pox can't survive. We definitely want to do more to give incentives for playing but it needs to be done right.

Legato and Eonix like this.
  14. Boozha

Maybe one global first-quest, no matter what game you do. Plus a bonus for new players in the TG maybe?

15. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

It's such a shame you owls don't understand how f2p works. I've already posted this countless times:
    you don't make money by giving players opportunity to make bad experience manageable unless you are targeting kids and housewives
    you do it by giving opportunity to make already good experience even better.
    Hooked player is more likely to spend $100 than struggling player to spend $1.

16. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

This may be a stupid question/idea but is there any sort of revenue to be gained for you in having commercials in the loading screens?

There is a small time of loading when you enter a match, where you currently see a loading screen with a tip/joke. Could this instead be a commercial?
    I have no idea if its a viable source of income, but personally I would be ok with seeing a commercial (preferably nonvideo)

17. Boozha

Ergh, it would be a viable source, but serious games usually don't do that; by doing it you ruin your own professionality.

18. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

commercials would kill it for me.

oTruffles and Boozha like this.
  19. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

hearthstone: can grind out 1 pack per day easily. minimum crafting material from 1 pack = 40 dust. cost to craft a legendary = 1600 dust = 40 days for casuals to craft their highest rarity cards.
    poxnora: lets say casual play is 2 dailies and enough other games to buy a core set pack. 6 common, 3 uncommon, 1 rare. shard value = 22 shards. cost to forge a core set exotic 250 shards = 12 days. You cant forge legendaries so you must expect people to use pox box. I can get around 20k credits for a core set exo. avg legendary price (one you would want) is around 100k. so it would take a casual player 60 days.

hearthstone is 20 days faster than you (more than that really because their packs have better drop rates) and doesn't use fluctuating 3rd party market to get its best cards in the hands of players. maybe hearthstone is going broke, but I kinda doubt it.

Authyrtyr and Boozha like this.
  20. Boozha

Ragic, stop being reasonable ... It confuses everyone